Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Marzzle
Dec 1, 2004

Bursting with flavor

Seatbelts posted:

It's just called "Stock tank mix" where i get stuff; but its mostly a chelator with a small amount of other things (Potassium, Boron, Molybdenum, Sulfur, Magnesium, Iron, Copper, Zinc)
It's used to ensure all the dissolved ions are positively charged so they can be absorbed into the roots.
Also I feed with RO water so I have to add those fundamentals back.

dang not a lot of mixes have zinc in them I wish “tank mix” was in gardening stores everywhere lol. did you get it online by chance?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pentecoastal Elites
Feb 27, 2007

Marzzle posted:

how many watts (or lumens) u runnin?

I've been growing in a little greenhouse outside. It's been a warm summer here but I think the thing that really hurt me was lack of airflow -- I'm legal to grow here but the plants can't be visible from the street, and the way my yard is laid out I had to fully enclose the greenhouse and use vents for air.
I'm going to try to build a fence before it gets too cold to dig this year, so hopefully next season I can grow in a nice big patch of yard and just let my plants grow into giant trees without anyone getting mad at me (or the cops sniffing around).

Marzzle
Dec 1, 2004

Bursting with flavor

Pentecoastal Elites posted:

I've been growing in a little greenhouse outside. It's been a warm summer here but I think the thing that really hurt me was lack of airflow -- I'm legal to grow here but the plants can't be visible from the street, and the way my yard is laid out I had to fully enclose the greenhouse and use vents for air.
I'm going to try to build a fence before it gets too cold to dig this year, so hopefully next season I can grow in a nice big patch of yard and just let my plants grow into giant trees without anyone getting mad at me (or the cops sniffing around).

there's a dude in the TCC thread that took their large outdoor grow and then tents it up with a dehumidifier, lights and a space heater if you wanna see a someone heading in the opposite direction. I think it was cold and wet wherever they were growing though

Pentecoastal Elites
Feb 27, 2007

oh, yeah, Cabbages and Kings setup is insanely cool but I don't have the space or money for something like that yet :(
I might grow only autos next year if I run in to any rot issues this fall and think about getting something like what C&K has off the ground.

Harton
Jun 13, 2001

We should combine threads, TCC is pretty dead these days.

Marzzle
Dec 1, 2004

Bursting with flavor

Harton posted:

We should combine threads, TCC is pretty dead these days.

but they have 4-5 weed threads of specific interest interspersed with threads about doing opiates while cspam has 1 thread of general interest interspersed with threads where everyone is trying to tell you to go gently caress your self

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

TCC posters are welcome as long as they pledge blood oath to Karl Marx under the full moon in the woods and post in one other thread

Harton
Jun 13, 2001

Marzzle posted:

but they have 4-5 weed threads of specific interest interspersed with threads about doing opiates while cspam has 1 thread of general interest interspersed with threads where everyone is trying to tell you to go gently caress your self

Yeah CSpam is real good I agree.

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

Just be careful, alcoholics of CSPAM, booze doesn't mix well with much of TCC's favorite goodies!

Marzzle
Dec 1, 2004

Bursting with flavor

Wheeee posted:

Just be careful, alcoholics of CSPAM, booze doesn't mix well with much of TCC's favorite goodies!

getting faded is one of life's finer pleasures and can greatly reduce the amount of alcohol one needs to get a buzz

Impkins Patootie
Apr 20, 2017

Wheeee posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a58LMBAca9M

it true

Impkins Patootie has issued a correction as of 20:15 on Sep 24, 2020

Slider
Jun 6, 2004

Harton
Jun 13, 2001

you gotta drink too your smoke, don’t ever smoke too your drink.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Casey Finnigan posted:

take a day or two off, a week if you want tolerance to go back to almost nothing. Then the weed will be good again.

im gonna smoke more weed instead

Impkins Patootie
Apr 20, 2017

i need a dab

Seatbelts
Mar 29, 2010

Marzzle posted:

dang not a lot of mixes have zinc in them I wish “tank mix” was in gardening stores everywhere lol. did you get it online by chance?
It is sometimes referred to as "Trace"
https://www.jonsplantfactory.com/product/stock-tank-mix-micronutrient/
Here is an option, I don't use very much in my formula (5g/L) so it goes a long way.
The other components are not very easy to order online cause its all the same ingredients as bomb making soooooooooo

Pentecoastal Elites posted:

oh, yeah, Cabbages and Kings setup is insanely cool but I don't have the space or money for something like that yet :(
I might grow only autos next year if I run in to any rot issues this fall and think about getting something like what C&K has off the ground.

I got around the humidity issues by tarping the ground over and growing in pots instead.
It works pretty good but i still need a dehumidifier for night time.

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

Harton posted:

preach

That Spooky Witch
Jun 16, 2017

All hail the triune god

Harton posted:

good word

Red Baron
Mar 9, 2007

ty slumfrog :)

Gucci Mane posted:

If a man does not have sauce, then he is lost. But the same man can get lost in the sauce.

Marzzle
Dec 1, 2004

Bursting with flavor

Seatbelts posted:

It is sometimes referred to as "Trace"
https://www.jonsplantfactory.com/product/stock-tank-mix-micronutrient/
Here is an option, I don't use very much in my formula (5g/L) so it goes a long way.
The other components are not very easy to order online cause its all the same ingredients as bomb making soooooooooo

hell yeah that looks great! FYI you can get a big no no chem on Amazon as like “DIY ice packs” sometimes but who knows the purity.

the ones that aren’t that big one seem pretty easy to find in somewhat reputable looking purities

Marzzle has issued a correction as of 03:46 on Sep 25, 2020

seattle plague rat
Apr 6, 2020
pro tip blend gummies w/vodka & drink it thru a boba straw

animist
Aug 28, 2018
weed

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Yes

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

i concur

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

I am high and drunk at the same time there is no way to defeat me

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

this is the average price for an eighth of standard weed with tax

prices in IL and especially recreational prices are out of loving control

i'm going through so much less weed now that i'm back to strictly vaping dry herb but this is still wholly unsustainable lol

FUCK SNEEP
Apr 21, 2007

e: wrong thread

FUCK SNEEP has issued a correction as of 19:00 on Sep 25, 2020

Pentecoastal Elites
Feb 27, 2007

tmfc posted:

This is what motivated me to start growing, and if you have your med card you can grow up to five plants legally (no free closet space so I had to do it outside). One decently producing autoflower gave me like $1200 worth of weed at the dispensary prices around here. Well worth the price of the card if that's the way you want to go.
If I discount my space tote experiments I think I spent maybe $500 all told (card, soil, seeds, gear, etc), and I've got 4 more pretty big indicas that are still 2-3 weeks from harvest. If I manage to escape bud rot that's going to be a few more grand worth of weed that I'll never need to spend. And I'll have most of my friends' Christmas gifts, too.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

tmfc posted:

this is the average price for an eighth of standard weed with tax

i'm going through so much less weed now that i'm back to strictly vaping dry herb but this is still wholly unsustainable lol

$50 to $60 is what I've roughly always spent on an eighth in DC since moving here

Syncopation
Feb 21, 2020

Good soup! posted:

$50 to $60 is what I've roughly always spent on an eighth in DC since moving here

lmfao holy poo poo you guys get screwed so bad. an 8th of very high quality weed here tops out at like $45, tax included

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

$27 last time I went to the dispensary in Florida.

Syncopation
Feb 21, 2020

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Judge Dredd Scott posted:

lmfao holy poo poo you guys get screwed so bad. an 8th of very high quality weed here tops out at like $45, tax included

lotta poo poo in dc is expensive :negative:

Now I live just north in Maryland and I'm aiming to get my card soon so I'll have to see what prices are like at the dispensaries around here

DarkEuphoria
Nov 7, 2012

gdam that’s expensive.

I pay slightly too much for weed, for the convenience of ordering it online and having it delivered 30 minutes later. I’m also pretty into paying taxes, for lots of reasons.

my regular order is $130 incl tax for an oz at about 22% thc, plus a gram of concentrate. obviously I could spend way more for bespoke weed, but I generally smoke too much to go in for anything fancy.

:ca:

Casey Finnigan
Apr 30, 2009

Dumb ✔
So goddamn crazy ✔
Anybody here gotten a medical card in NJ? I think I qualify but I've never bothered because my brother-in-law is best friends with a dealer, but now I'm wondering if he's overcharging us. Looking online, it looks like the price for a high-quality ounce in an NJ dispensary is the same as what we pay for an ounce, but I can't say that it's always "high-quality" weed.

Also anyone know any guides for how to clean your grinders etc. and end up with useable stuff? I'd hate to clean out my grinder and dump a bunch of THC in the trash.

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown
the place around the corner from me does BOGO eighths for 15 bucks once a week, although I'm pretty sure they're not licensed to sell recreational lmao

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

jesus christ. yeah at the very least i'm going to try to get a medical card soon. even after the doctor's fees + the fee to the state, it'd pay for itself in a few months' worth of dispensary visits.

seattle plague rat
Apr 6, 2020

Judge Dredd Scott posted:

i was in boston before this & it was a nightmare

technically legal but the state was slowrolling & squeezing out every dime

id like to think most states will eventually settle down to the market we have out here

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown
Might be moving to Oregon later this year, anyone familiar with weed pricing up there?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

I got 1oz 23% THC weed for $71 the other day in Seattle

Come for the anarchy, stay for the reasonably priced weed