Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

an actual frog
Mar 1, 2007

HEH, HEH, HEH!
I like how while the line inexorably marches forwards we're just chilling with our new army of spider-friends

Anyway, another vote for BODY please

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
> Commune with the spiders.

Zoesdare
Sep 24, 2005

Still floofin

Go through the north wall

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
Use the spiders to make yourself a bridge to get to the woman.

Or perhaps a mega mecha spider suit.

Treecko
Apr 23, 2008

The Official Demon Girl
Boss of 2022!
On second thought, if Dennis isn't strong enough, can we teach him with the feeling or emotion cards we've gained? I think he's gonna be a big part of this!

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

an actual frog posted:

I like how while the line inexorably marches forwards we're just chilling with our new army of spider-friends

Anyway, another vote for BODY please

>Start your own inexorable progression of spiders

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

The average is 5.5? I thought it was 4. This is very unsettling.
Being just about well and fully done with this place, you return to the second floor to investigate one last time.

Stoatbringer posted:

> Use the telescope to see where the parade of shades is going.

Moving the spyglass again takes herculean effort as before. Perhaps its golden casing has unfathomable mass in this place. There is no way you're taking it with you in your current form.

It is difficult to make out, but you believe you can see the procession going towards a small town far in the distance.

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Hell no, I say go the OPPOSITE direction they're going.

Before you decide your next steps, you shove the spyglass around to the west where the path seems to originate.

You can make out a strange structure the line of shades is moving away from. Their number seems to begin thinning out nearer to whatever the origin of this odd exodus is.

There is one thing left to do... you've kept it in the back of your mind since you first noticed the void behind the looking glass.

Dangerous Minority posted:

> Stick our head through the mirror and see what's on the other side

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you all for joining me today! Sincerely, I wouldn't be motivated to try and tell this story without your input. So thank you for that. Voting for ATTRIBUTION will remain open until the next update which is going to involve a little more elbow grease than the usual scribblin'. Hopefully sometime tomorrow! ...Or possibly Sunday. Or never if my lovely tablet gives out! Stay tuned!

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
> find and sacrifice prey to appease the spiders

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Oh yeah I vote Soul

Rev. Melchisedech Howler
Sep 5, 2006

You know. Leather.
I'm a soul boy

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

Ask the spiders to fashion you a snazzy silk hat and cape.

spatial trait
Aug 7, 2009

Voting to crank that Soulja Boy

The Strangest Finch
Nov 23, 2007

soul

_____!
May 2, 2004

Wow I just wanted to figure out if the fog was fog, smoke or some ethereal barrier that will keep us in line! I'm calling it now this is Ico from the monsters perspective.:v:

Vote soul.

>Head towards the ark. We don't know why we're here so we should check where we presumably started. Try communicating with another shade en route. Note I said communicating since, you know the whole "lack of a voice" thing. Though we do have that card...

And finally, thank you for this thread. This is great fun.

_____! fucked around with this message at 15:49 on Aug 29, 2020

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
I love these things!

>Avoid the line. Find the woman with the yellow hair and present her with a spider pet.

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug
Sam and Dave wouldn't steer us wrong. I'm a Soul Man.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
I've got soul but I'm not a soldier

Rev. Melchisedech Howler
Sep 5, 2006

You know. Leather.
> download and use the app to avoid the queue

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

angerbeet posted:

I've got soul but I'm not a soldier

That was a flawed but underrated movie my friend.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Soul

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug
Soul weeeee aint got no bodddyyy

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

Looks like it's gonna' be SOUL by a wide margin!

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You are a S̶̳̊͠h̷͓̩̋a̷͙̥̾d̴̩͆e̸̓ͅ

Bregor
May 31, 2013

People are idiots, Leslie.
:stare:

> GO RIGHT

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
> sit down and sing a song about the current market price of nickel

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

tune the FM in to static and pretend that its the sea
ponder the inexplicable deep sense of existential dread we are currently experiencing

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug
What am I looking at, punk?

shout into the void, "IM LOOKING AT YOU SQUID FACE"

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

>Search for Denise in this new place

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003
Take your head out of the broken mirror.

Rev. Melchisedech Howler
Sep 5, 2006

You know. Leather.
> prolapse anus

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

Throw all the spiders through the mirror.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
Transpose the hell out of the room you're in

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
Fools you should have voted muscles, we could barely even move the telescope or collect cob webs

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Those are very clearly cuttlefish eyeballs.

Praise be to our cuddlefish gods.

Start a cuttlefish cult

_____!
May 2, 2004

>Transpose bednevermind I don't think my idea would work.
>Check upstairs

Also of course it would be space tapeworms.

Comedy answer grow long blonde hair and take that shades place in line in the starting area.

_____! fucked around with this message at 21:00 on Aug 30, 2020

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

------------------------------------------------------------

There Bias Two posted:

Those are very clearly cuttlefish eyeballs.

I'm such a hack :cry: I should have spent more time on that vista but I really wanted to get through that yesterday

Arkanomen posted:

What am I looking at, punk?

shout into the void, "IM LOOKING AT YOU SQUID FACE"

:haw: Dang, that was fast. Was it too legible or just a straightforward de-cipher? I need to figure out how to actually make a custom font now so I don't have to c&p each character one at a time. Also, are you sure you want to do this?

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

The Protagonist posted:

Also, are you sure you want to do this?

Do it do it do it do it

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
>>Find your wraithblade and soul reave some of those squid eyes off.

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

You have been Transposed... you are also currently feeling C̴̛̩̖̭͉̤̍͋̈͗̉͌͠ͅO̶̡̯̬͓̹͕̼̬̖̘̮̐̄̂̍̂̐̚͠Ņ̸̝͖̣͎̰̙̻͍̼͈͕̯͇̰̈́̎͆̇̎͛̎̂̒͘͘F̵̱̓̇̂̈́͝Ư̵͍͊̈̈́̏͌͆̆̅͝͠͝S̶͈̮̭͗ͅÉ̷̢̲̠̺̥̫̲͘D̵̲͍͈̘̠̔ by a recent encounter.

quote:

Y̵̛̩̼͎̜͈̾͛̕Ŏ̸̬̠Ų̷̭̗̏̐̒́̉͝ ̶̠͙̰̞̘̜̫̝̬̃̄͋̚͝H̶̡̧͎̹̺͕̯̽͜A̶͍̰͎̓V̶̭̈́͘Ẻ̵̱͍͔̣̺͓̈́̌̇̌̇̓͊̚ ̸̲̺̗̠͖͔̘̀̐B̴̧̛̻̱̹͖̪̹̈́̎̓E̴̹̦͚̓̈́͗̄͝͝E̸̢͇̘̩̤͙̪̖̜̗̚N̸̨̢̧͙̲̟̦̈͋̇́̎̃͒͝ ̷̺̘̰̝͠S̴̙͆É̶̗̻̺̬̜̖͊̿͋̇͗͜͠ͅĘ̷͍̪̝̠̥̭͕́̈́̽̍͑͐̔̂̊N̷̦̖̦͕͉̩̘̭̂̉̄̒͜

Regardless, you have felt the completion of your meditation take hold. You have begun to better understand the nature of yourself.

SOUL +1

• Sublimation/Deposition: Become less solid. Near transparency increases subtlety and allows movement through some barriers. Reduces ability to impact environment, feel less. Or become more solid & conspicuous. Temporarily increases strength as well as susceptibility to pain and damage.

• Transpose: shift to light shade form, reveals hidden things. Cannot take most companions into this state. Being attacked or taking damage ends transposition. 50/50 chance of relocating to where transpose began when effect ends. Long cool-down.

• Arachnid Affinity: give simple commands to Dennis/Denise, provide and delegate suggestions to Spider Swarm when available. Can generate and form some equipment with webs on long cool down. Commands that prove too complex have a chance of turning the swarm against you.

Chronojam posted:

>Search for Denise in this new place

You find your Denise close by.

angerbeet posted:

Transpose the hell out of the room you're in

_____! posted:

>Transpose bed

You decide to test your newfound abilities on an object close at hand.

YOU HAVE FADED
---------------------------------------------------------------

Unfinish3d posted:

ponder the inexplicable deep sense of existential dread we are currently experiencing

You have gained a... c̬̫͙̞͎̹̱͢͡à̤̥͈̝͓͓͡ŗ̢̻͕d̮̦̥̕͘

---------------------------------------------------------------
E; This one took longer than I wanted, I have no idea what I am doing! But I am learning stuff as I go along, with more actions on the way... We might even manage to finally manage to leave the beginning edifice soon! Thanks for playing :)

The Protagonist fucked around with this message at 20:41 on Aug 30, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

_____!
May 2, 2004

Great my idea not only got us "killed" but pissed off that Mom and her newborn/feotus.

Current vote to check out the ark that the rest of the shades are coming from. This will probably kill us too.