Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug

Welcome to the Worst of All Worlds!

SINoALICE is a fair-tale themed mobile game brought to you in part by the mind of Taro Yoko, also responsible for the Nier and Drakengard games (except for that one we don't talk about), amongst other things. It launched just over 3 years ago, on June 6 2017 in Japan, and launched in EN on July 1st, 2020 after a change in publishers.

The Basics

Combat in Sinoalice has an active time gauge. Your skills charge up and have a global cooldown after each use while costing a certain amount of AP. In Story mode, this is a pool of 200 that passively regens, but in Colosseum is a pool of 400 that you need to to an active minigame to restore.

Equipment is divided into three types: Weapons, Armor and Nightmares.

Weapons are divided into eight classes, each associated with a character class. They're then further divided into attack and support, then further beyond that.

There are Attack weapons and Support weapons.

The four attack weapons are:
-Blades, associated with the Breaker class. They deal single-target physical damage.
-Hammers, associated with the Crusher class. They deal multi-target physical damage.
-Ranged, associated with the Gunner class. They deal single-target magical damage.
-Polearms, associated with the Paladin class. They deal multi-target magical damage.

The four support weapons are:
-Artifacts, associated with the Caster class. They deal damage but are mainly only useful for single player content.
-Tomes, associated with the Sorcerer class. They supply debuffs.
-Staves, associated with the Cleric class. They primarily heal.
-Instruments, associated with the Minstrel class. They supply buffs.

Each weapon has a Story Skill, a Colosseum Skill, and a Colosseum Support skill which are all leveled separately. Story is used in the PVE content, where the other 2 are used only in Colosseum.

Armor

Armor gives a boost to your Defense and has a skill on it boosting a specific element of a weapon type. The weapon type is denoted by the icon on the weapon itself. Using 4 pieces of the same set will also give you a set Bonus, which is usualyl bonus damage against a specific class of enemies

Nightmares

Nightmares provide single use, battle defining skills. In single player mode they are usually short buffs or debuffs, but in Colosseum they are long acting effects that can completely alter the outcome of a battle.

The Cast

When you start the game, you'll be prompted to pick from one of four lovely ladies, so let's start with them. Don't feel pressured, though; you can unlock the others by doing their first story quest. Everyone starts with a job, and more are unlocked via the :20bux:gacha:20bux:

Every character is associated with a 'concept'.

Alice the best girl
Default Class: Breaker

quote:

Concept: Bondage posted:
The imposition of limits which remove one’s freedom. Actions which physically inhibit the movement of others.
She ░░░░░░ herself. All for the sake of living as a silent blade.
Her actions are rooted in “intuition” and lack any apparent basis of ░░░░░░ ― such is “no good, no evil”.

Taro's Take: Very cute! I believe she’ll sell well!!

Red Riding Hood
Default class: Crusher

quote:

Concept: Violence posted:
Actions which cause physical harm to a person’s body or possessions. The reckless use of one’s strength.
She is prone to unreasonable behaviour, such as ░░░░░░ and claiming her acts of violence are meant to be playful.
Her intelligence is extremely low in comparison to ░░░░░░, whom she works with.

Pinocchio
Default class: Crusher

quote:

Concept: Dependency posted:
A relationship in which both parties rely upon one another. Also, the inability to escape from such a relationship.
Someone that can ░░░░░░ is good enough for me. Being alone means having nobody that I can depend on.
Such people further enfeeble the weak, rendering them abject and ░░░░░░.

Snow White
Default class: Breaker

quote:

Concept: Justice posted:
Just behaviour. Moral correctness. The system of imposing strict punishments against violations of the law.
The ░░░░░░ upon which you place your faith is evil in my eyes.
Even if ░░░░░░, continuing to adhere will warp one’s virtue into wicked zealotry.

In addition to the initial characters, there are:

Sleeping Beauty
Default Class: Crusher

quote:

Concept: Slumber posted:
A recurring physiological condition involving suspended consciousness. The act of sleeping.
The only way to make your dreams to come true in this deranged world is to ░░░░░░.
Arguing against the harm of ░░░░░░ and other pressing crises brings stillness to her heart.

Cinderella
Default Class: Gunner

quote:

Concept: Depravity posted:
Actions or mannerisms which are seen as vulgar and squalid.
Those who seize and pay homage to ░░░░░░ are those who understand the importance of life.
Paint your surroundings with false ░░░░░░ and laugh it off as a matter of course.

Gretel
Default Class: Breaker

quote:

Concept: Delusion posted:
Fiction or the lack of truth. Lies. Falsehoods.
He was lying to me. I’m sure he’s been taken by ░░░░░░.
Humans fall prey to their own traps, ░░░░░░ and unaware of what they have become ― ░░░░░░.

Kaguya
Default Class: Paladin

quote:

Concept: Suffering posted:
To be oppressed by others. The feeling of being tormented.
The woman who woke me up in the morning was a pervert with a taste for ░░░░░░.
The people were not supposed to be afflicted with ░░░░░░.

The Little Mermaid
Default Class: Gunner

quote:

Concept: Sorrow posted:
A feeling of sadness and grief. A display of deep distress.
What manner of disillusionment in ░░░░░░ must I be subjected to?
Suffer in the extreme ░░░░░░ of your own death.

The Colosseum

Do you hate yourself? Do you hate yourself a lot?

Don't bother with this.

Do you like hurting yourself to Kaguya levels?

Well, maybe bother with this.

All jokes aside, the colosseum is SINoALICE's PvP element. It is a big draw of the game since the chance to lose horribly get strong and prevail with your fellow Goons is pretty appealing.

Simply put, the Colosseum is a guild event takes place once a day, for twenty minutes, starting at one of eight times selected by your guild's leader. When you enter a Colosseum battle, you're put into a 15 vs 15 battle vs. another guild, with 5 Vanguards and 10 supports. Whichever guild gets the most Lifeforce wins. Vanguards are the damage dealers and will be directly attacking the opposing Vanguard. Supports will be buffing and healing their own Vanguard, while debuffing the enemy's.

Two times during the fight, at around 15 minutes and 7:30 minutes reamining, you will attempt to summon a Demon by using specific skills determined when the opponent is generated. You need to use the aforementioned skills 30/50/75 times depending on what Rank your guild is in. Winning the Demon summon will give your guild massive boosts to the weapon types used to summon it, as well as dealing massive damage to the enemy. Demons can single handedly change the tide of a battle

In addition to that, every month your guild can enter the Gran Colosseum, which is similar, but uses matching based on accumulated Lifeforce total score over the course of 5 days. If you do well enough in your time slot, you can join the Finals for a bonus match. Gran Colo gets you Gran Medals which allow you to buy things like Infinity Weapons which can grow to be extremely strong or the Half-Nightmare jobs.

Half-Nightmares are pretty cool, so do your best even if it's a pain, yea?

There are 4 Goon Guilds right now.

BookClub- Colosseum Time Slot 6 (10PM EST)
Shikibu- Colosseum Time Slot 6 (10PM EST)
Shonagon- Colosseum Time Slot 5 (9PM EST)
SLackers- Colosseum Time Slot 1 (3PM EST)

There is a Goon Friend list here https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1N9yQ6UrIapyHmvPIiA1CPsKdi9ELZEYRO-2SIls3E64/edit#gid=2094304988

There is also a unified SINoGoons Discord located at https://discord.gg/e78FYt

MotU fucked around with this message at 05:50 on Aug 28, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug
Reserved in case I need thing

Alchem
Oct 28, 2007

I have to find her!
I believe at least a portion of this thread should be dedicated to Lammy

https://mobile.twitter.com/sinoaliceglobal/status/1298455123618705409

PatentPending
Nov 27, 2007

[1950s eel-based dad joke]
Seconded.

Also, SlAckers fight at 12.00 PST, which is time slot 1.

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

To make yourself feel better, you make it so you'll never give in to your forevers and live for always.

Lipstick Apathy
Lammy is too good for this world

Coxswain Balls
Jun 4, 2001

Thirded. I don't want my clam child to become clam chowder!

animatorZed
Jan 2, 2008
falling down

Coxswain Balls posted:

Thirded. I don't want my clam child to become clam chowder!

Agreed. Clam chowder is gross. Much better steamed or on top of a good garlic pasta.

Sefal
Nov 8, 2011
Fun Shoe
Lammy is amazing

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug
I used to enjoy a good clam bake but now I have to reconsider . . . . .

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I really wish in colo you could spend extra sp to refresh your skills sooner.

Irony.or.Death
Apr 1, 2009

I wish you could spend extra SP to steam some clams.

Flimf
Sep 3, 2006

i wish i had sp at all

ZoninSilver
May 30, 2011
I'm currently working on Hard modes for chapter one, but it's been a while since I did them on Normal, am I right in feeling like the commentary on the first and last chapter from Parrah / Noya is doing the Yoko Taro thing of being different on the second playthrough, and if so, is that the only time they differ? I normally grind them on auto, but wouldn't want to miss out on content accidentially if I can help it.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Yeah, their ingame comments change between Normal and Hard. The Hard ones seem to be mostly commentary in general as opposed to directly engaging the character in Normal.

PhysicsFrenzy
May 30, 2011

this, too, is physics

ZoninSilver posted:

I'm currently working on Hard modes for chapter one, but it's been a while since I did them on Normal, am I right in feeling like the commentary on the first and last chapter from Parrah / Noya is doing the Yoko Taro thing of being different on the second playthrough, and if so, is that the only time they differ? I normally grind them on auto, but wouldn't want to miss out on content accidentially if I can help it.

HGH posted:

Yeah, their ingame comments change between Normal and Hard. The Hard ones seem to be mostly commentary in general as opposed to directly engaging the character in Normal.

Good to know, thanks!

PatentPending
Nov 27, 2007

Someone asked for another link to the discord, so here's a fresh one:

https://discord.gg/TsQJVFw

PhysicsFrenzy
May 30, 2011

this, too, is physics
am I allowed in that discord despite not being in one of the cool goon guilds

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug
Yeah

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The... Whats???

PhysicsFrenzy
May 30, 2011

this, too, is physics

Acerbatus posted:

The... Whats???

hey i was trying to butter you guys up for approval :v:

Coxswain Balls
Jun 4, 2001

https://twitter.com/sinoaliceglobal/status/1301433498687778818
Thanks, it was fun playing with you, Lammy!

oh my god

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug
EN Exclusive Lammy Cleric class when

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug
If there are any Goons still without a home, after the next Gran Colosseum, BookClub will likely be looking for a couple powerful Support members, preferably of the Sorceror and Cleric variety. the members we'd be replacing are 130 and 112k respectively so we would be looking for some real heavy hitters. Our time slot is 10PM EST and we'd be looking for people who'd be able to make most if not all nights. Again, this would likely be after Gran Colo so contact Brando in game or pop into the Discord listed in the OP

Coxswain Balls
Jun 4, 2001

Depending on how GC goes this month if a 115k Sorc is good enough I might jump ship from Shikibu. The feel of the guild has definitely changed a lot since we needed to start filling vacancies with anyone who applied and I'm not really enjoying myself as much as I used to in the beginning if I'm being completely honest. With more folks leaving it seems like it's just going to slide more in that direction.

emormu
Jan 16, 2012
Unfortunately there were not enough people dropping the game at the same time to be able to merge goon guilds cleanly. That meant all the goon guilds had to pull from outside and while I think the new people mean well it is changing the community aspect. Definitely a lot more try hard than it was before.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug

Coxswain Balls posted:

Depending on how GC goes this month if a 115k Sorc is good enough I might jump ship from Shikibu. The feel of the guild has definitely changed a lot since we needed to start filling vacancies with anyone who applied and I'm not really enjoying myself as much as I used to in the beginning if I'm being completely honest. With more folks leaving it seems like it's just going to slide more in that direction.

115k is stellar but in order to fill iod’s shoes you’d also need a lot of Heart. See how everything pans out as while I am not trying to actively poach or something but if you feel you’d be happier in BookClub we’d be happy to have you

Gerdalti
May 24, 2003

SPOON!
Keep BookClub goony 2020!

Coxswain Balls
Jun 4, 2001

MotU posted:

115k is stellar but in order to fill iod’s shoes you’d also need a lot of Heart. See how everything pans out as while I am not trying to actively poach or something but if you feel you’d be happier in BookClub we’d be happy to have you

Looking at both your channel and ours right now is like night and day for how to handle defeat. I miss when even if we lost we still had fun.

book
Nov 29, 2014
After this next Gran Colo, Shonagon will need a support player. We're still fairly casual despite hanging around S these days. I don't really want to recruit any more pubs at this point.

animatorZed
Jan 2, 2008
falling down

Coxswain Balls posted:

Definitely understandable. It's shifted more than I've wanted especially with the new outside spots. That's mostly on me originally though. I tried to step in with some direction and planning when it seemed like there was some frustration with not having any.
I think we'll do all right for GC. The recent power spike with roster changes timed with coming back into S sent us flying upwards into a bunch of stronger guilds recently which was a bit stressful with the new composition but it should settle somewhat.

Whatever you decide, I really appreciate having you with us till this point!

Having said that, on my part I feel like ultimately I'm just getting people to drop. I really didn't want that and feel pretty bad about it so I'll probably step back or out soon.

PatentPending
Nov 27, 2007

Last thing I want to do is look like I'm trying to poach members from a fellow SA guild - but if anyone finds themselves guildless and wants a home, SlAckers can take up to 4 people. We're extremely chill and tend to bounce between tiers A and B. We're in League 1 for this Gran Colo, somehow!

We're time slot 1, i.e. 12.00pm PST, which it seems doesn't work for most people, but hey we're available and we don't judge when people can't make fights.

We have 5 vanguards so supports are most needed (like every guild it seems) but I'm happy to respec to a rearguard if a decent vanguard wants to join.

E: And to put it more bluntly I'm willing to kick one of our 20k points AFK rearguards of someone wants to turn up and be a 70k points AFK rearguard

Coxswain Balls
Jun 4, 2001

Having the one or two outsider tryhards steering the guild is the root issue in my eyes. Just a little bit of passive-aggression from one guy seems to have made it so that when we lose the atmosphere gets really gloomy instead of "oh well, at least we tried" and being happy about small victories like not being completely blown out or hitting combo goals. We seemed to have a good thing going where there would be planning beforehand up to the start of the match by pointing out priority targets, and once the match started everyone could be trusted to do their own thing with maybe some nightmare reminders thrown in. I understand having to appeal to these types of players when needing to do outside recruiting, but I don't like seeing people self-flagellating after a bad match for not meeting these players' expectations.

The push for voice chat by those folks whenever we lose a match is especially grating and they just don't seem to get that some of us are never, ever going to go down that road. The soundtrack is one of the primary reasons I'm playing this game, and I'm not giving that up to climb in rank a bit more.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug
Bookclub still looking for a Sorc and a Cleric sitting in the 110k-130k range (or able to jump up to there in time). We finished at Timeslot 25 and in the Top 200 for the Overall for Gran Colo. We're not super competitive, we just show up for Colo every night at 10PM EST and do our best. I'd rather have Goons than turn to the official or unofficial Discord recruiting since we seem to have a pretty good atmosphere going

Coxswain if you are still interested let me know in the Discord!

Pyronic
Oct 1, 2008

ROYAL RAINWHARRGARBL
I believe SLACKERs could use another anything rearguard as well.

Daemonlasher
Dec 31, 2012

SOULS?
Edit: Spot Filled

Daemonlasher fucked around with this message at 22:10 on Sep 22, 2020

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug
BookClub still needs a Cleric of ~110k-ish (or the ability to get up there in short order)

We are v chill and v relaxed all of the time except Gran Colo, where we are just regular chill and relaxed

Time Slot 6 (10PM EST) Top 30 Timeslot/Top 200 overall 2 Gran Colos running >:3

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug
Long shot I know, but if any Goons are playing a Cleric and looking for a guild, we are in need of a replacement one again! Looking for 120k+ as we are replacing a real powerhouse healer

BookClub, contact Brando in game/MotU in Discord. Time for Colo would be 10PM EST, both before and a after Daylight Savings

Capntastic
Jan 13, 2005

A dog begins eating a dusty old coil of rope but there's a nail in it.

Re-asserting that Bookclub is a fun place to hang out with and not super bloodthirsty and hyper rage competitive; just methodical and focused. Probably the only thing keeping me invested in the game.

Coxswain Balls
Jun 4, 2001

Capntastic posted:

Re-asserting that Bookclub is a fun place to hang out with and not super bloodthirsty and hyper rage competitive; just methodical and focused. Probably the only thing keeping me invested in the game.

Same, I can only speak for myself but MotU does a good job of fostering a fun vibe where win or lose, I still enjoy hanging out with everyone. The win part also happens a lot more often than one would expect from our raw numbers, and I think that's just from everyone in the guild being cool people combined with a good tactician working to get the most out of that atmosphere. I knew nobody going in and everyone was still very inviting (until it turned out I used to do volunteer work with someone's brother in the guild, hahaha).

I want this used for our next Heaven or Hell matchup, which hopefully lines up with a Saturday.

https://twitter.com/Zari_Wari/status/1318183330500792320

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://mangadex.org/title/38706/sinoalice

Reminder that the manga exists now that the Reality arc is out, because it's Alice's Reality arc story.

Sorta.