Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bright Bart

False. There is only one electron and it has never stopped
I got two off the bat:

1. Warhammer. I know it's for children and concerns pieces of plastic (molded under questionable safety conditions?). I know that the majority of adults who partake smell really, really bad. I know that the company hires what are essentially models to demonstrate their plastic toys so thirsty tweens who've just hit puberty force their parents to spend way too much money. I know that for a game with so many resources they spend none of these on writing quality material. But it's so much fun. Definitively going to spend a lot of time in a VR Chaos Wasteland when I am too old and frail.

2. Cloaks. Like, gently caress hats. Who needs hats if it is acceptable to wear a kick end garment like a hooded cloak fastened with a gold clasp. Who needs masks when you can just pull the hood up over your face?

The ignorant might simply tell me to be myself and not care what others think. I do that enough already. Hello!? Ketamine aficionado who talks about rummaging around people's organs at the dinner table. Wearing conservative suits is the least I can do to not creep people out. You might be the same or might have just internalized the lameness of what you know you'd enjoy if it was more socially acceptable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Bob

've lived a thousand times. I found out what it means to be GBS.

Bright Bart posted:

I got two off the bat:

1. Warhammer. I know it's for children and concerns pieces of plastic (molded under questionable safety conditions?). I know that the majority of adults who partake smell really, really bad. I know that the company hires what are essentially models to demonstrate their plastic toys so thirsty tweens who've just hit puberty force their parents to spend way too much money. I know that for a game with so many resources they spend none of these on writing quality material. But it's so much fun. Definitively going to spend a lot of time in a VR Chaos Wasteland when I am too old and frail.

2. Cloaks. Like, gently caress hats. Who needs hats if it is acceptable to wear a kick end garment like a hooded cloak fastened with a gold clasp. Who needs masks when you can just pull the hood up over your face?

The ignorant might simply tell me to be myself and not care what others think. I do that enough already. Hello!? Ketamine aficionado who talks about rummaging around people's organs at the dinner table. Wearing conservative suits is the least I can do to not creep people out. You might be the same or might have just internalized the lameness of what you know you'd enjoy if it was more socially acceptable.

I thought I wanted dragons to be less nerdy, but then game of thrones happened and now everyone thinks they are a loving dragon officiando

Persiflagist
dragons are cool

Evil Bob

've lived a thousand times. I found out what it means to be GBS.

Persiflagist posted:

dragons are cool

:arghfist:

Prof. Crocodile

i would like to advocate for greater tolerance of adults who freak out when they see a cute dog on the street, and then start hopping up and down going: "who's that? who's that lil cutie? you are! you're the lil cutie!"

Chewbecca

Just chillin' : )
Computer touching :whitewater:

Thanks to Heather Papps for sweet sig, click for more hot lady action

sigs by luvcow and Khanstant.
Click on Spoonville for a neat surprise

(┛◉Д◉)┛彡┻━┻ #YesNutNovember - add this to your sig if you love and support BYOB's own nut

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Forging your own functional Bat' Leth

https://i.imgur.com/QKTkerO.mp4
Sig elements by Manifisto and Heather Papps
Sig File protected by SigLock. do NOT steal this sig!

Cobalt-60

by Azathoth
Being enthusiastic. The only "proper" way to enjoy things these days is with at least 2 qualifiers and one layer of irony. Just say you like something and enjoy your joy.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Macnult

sex

alnilam

prog rock

ty manifisto

Rocket Baby Dolls

Normally I don't make aesthetic criticisms in other peoples' homes, but that rug looks like a beaver exploded. If meat is murder, then that rug is at least a severe beating.
Nothing at all. The music I listen to, the books I read, the games I play... I wouldn't change any of it. Find happiness in yourself and enjoy what you find enjoyment in life.

Finger Prince

I bought a wool cloak/cape on clearance from a Coach outlet last autumn, and it is a glorious thing. You stay nice and warm but never overheat because it's so flowy. It has a big hood to keep out inclement weather. I never considered myself a cape wearing type of man, but it looks dapper AF. At first I was a bit self conscious wearing it, because, like, it's a loving cape, who wears a cape? Well, I do, and I look fabulous. I think there's certain fashions that you have to age into. If I was 30 I'd look dumb as hell.

I dunno, a lot of the stuff I like that's nerdy, I'm happy that it's nerdy. It probably wouldn't be as good if it wasn't. Maybe I'm with you OP on Warhammer, because it always looked kinda interesting and I used to paint the miniatures as a kid (though I never actually played), and maybe if it wasn't such a smelly manchild past time I might be curious enough to try it.

alnilam

Rocket Baby Dolls posted:

Nothing at all. The music I listen to, the books I read, the games I play... I wouldn't change any of it. Find happiness in yourself and enjoy what you find enjoyment in life.

Yeah i agree with this it's more that i wish more people would give certain things a try rather than write them off as nerdy, that's more how i interpreted the prompt of this thread

Chewbecca

Just chillin' : )
I'm so cool and badass that anything I do instantly becomes cool, so if you want something to become cool just pm me op - I'll hook you up :coolzone:

Thanks to Heather Papps for sweet sig, click for more hot lady action

sigs by luvcow and Khanstant.
Click on Spoonville for a neat surprise

(┛◉Д◉)┛彡┻━┻ #YesNutNovember - add this to your sig if you love and support BYOB's own nut

Finger Prince

Chewbecca posted:

I'm so cool and badass that anything I do instantly becomes cool, so if you want something to become cool just pm me op - I'll hook you up :coolzone:

Is that adjacent to the :chillzone:?

Robot Made of Meat

alnilam posted:

Yeah i agree with this it's more that i wish more people would give certain things a try rather than write them off as nerdy, that's more how i interpreted the prompt of this thread

What Al said.

Thanks to Manifisto for the sig!

alexandriao

Socks and sandals.

I want my feet too breathe but i dont want them to fill their lungs, you know what i mean? also i am v conscious about my feet because im bad at doing makeup

Prof. Crocodile

alexandriao posted:

Socks and sandals.

I want my feet too breathe but i dont want them to fill their lungs, you know what i mean? also i am v conscious about my feet because im bad at doing makeup

a powerful answer. socks w/ sandals look is almost always considered nerdy, for purely arbitrary fashion reasons.

owlhawk911

come chill with me, in byob

Cobalt-60 posted:

Being enthusiastic. The only "proper" way to enjoy things these days is with at least 2 qualifiers and one layer of irony. Just say you like something and enjoy your joy.

alexandriao posted:

Socks and sandals.

is there... foot makeup?

https://giant.gfycat.com/PlasticAngryHousefly.webm
this sig a mf'n vanisher joint. gobbos by khanstant

Bright Bart

False. There is only one electron and it has never stopped

Chewbecca posted:

Listen to me. No. Liiisten! Listen. Okay?

Clothes.

nut

Escape From Noise

And lose the last shred of cool guy hipster cred I can muster to everyone listening to noise and poo poo? No way!

Zurtilik

The Biggest Brain in Guardia

owlhawk911 posted:

is there... foot makeup?

Pedicures and nail polish are basically foot make up.

FutonForensic

wish i could kill a guy in cold blood without someone running up to me saying "oh, like John Wick??? dork!!"

Zurtilik

The Biggest Brain in Guardia

FutonForensic posted:

wish i could kill a guy in cold blood without someone running up to me saying "oh, like John Wick??? dork!!"

"I'd never done a crazy thing in my life before that night. Why is it that if a man kills another man in battle, it's called heroic, yet if he kills a man in the heat of passion, it's called murder?"

google THIS

me

google THIS

self deprecating humor

google THIS

metahumor

Finger Prince

The voice of the DJ on the Thursday morning dance music show on CIUT.
Worst. Radio. Voice. Ever.

alnilam

Zurtilik posted:

"I'd never done a crazy thing in my life before that night. Why is it that if a man kills another man in battle, it's called heroic, yet if he kills a man in the heat of passion, it's called murder?"

You know if you kill a man in the dead of winter, steam will rise from his wounds

ty manifisto

Into The Mild

Warhammer is such fun as a hobby to paint.. honestly the painting of it has got me through corona lockdown.

Plus I get to do it with my daughter... so win-win..

Playing the game? ehh i dunno.

Drink-Mix Man

You are an odd fellow, but I must say... you throw a swell shindig.

Google THIS

FutonForensic

wish i could unashamedly wear bikini chainmail so i could experience the pleasure of my butthole publicly getting twisted up in rings of metal

alnilam

FutonForensic posted:

wish i could unashamedly wear bikini chainmail so i could experience the pleasure of my butthole publicly getting twisted up in rings of metal

people just don't get the importance of protecting your naughty regions from ranged / piercing type damage

ty manifisto

Prof. Crocodile

FutonForensic posted:

all vital organs are covered, op

alexandriao

Zurtilik posted:

Pedicures and nail polish are basically foot make up.

holy poo poo.

BYOB is breaking new ground

Robot Made of Meat

alnilam posted:

You know if you kill a man in the dead of winter, steam will rise from his wounds

Well Duh! Obviously I . . .

Umm

had no idea such a thing happens.

Thanks to Manifisto for the sig!

owlhawk911

come chill with me, in byob

google THIS posted:

self deprecating humor

https://giant.gfycat.com/PlasticAngryHousefly.webm
this sig a mf'n vanisher joint. gobbos by khanstant

Goons Are Gifts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

frump truck

hello... again!

sticking forks into two dinner rolls at a checkered-tablecloth italian restaurant and making them dance to anime opening theme songs