Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mmj
Dec 22, 2006

I've always been a bit confrontational

Who What Now posted:

He once said calling him Guy Mann was just as bad as dead naming.

You of all people probably shouldn't want people going back in post histories for gross poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mmj
Dec 22, 2006

Speaking of GBS 1.0 superstars, anyone got a link to the hellbastard thread where people finally ran him out of SA the second 2.0 rolled aroubd?

mmj
Dec 22, 2006

Thanks!

mmj
Dec 22, 2006

Regarde Aduck posted:

the riving of Lurdiak

yeah rip

Couldn't have happened to a more deserving poster

mmj
Dec 22, 2006

The whole wheelchair guy thing was in the r/relationship thing and I remember being disgusted by it because her response to being rejected was to flood the thread with posts from forums for people in relationships with people with autism, and using them to claim people with autism were subhuman and incapable/undeserving of love. Pick had some amazing posting and could be really funny, but I still can't like her all these years later because of how vicious and petty she got just because she couldn't take no for an answer. Watching people fail to dunk on her and getting constantly outplayed was great though and the taser/pepper spray/gun was amazing.

mmj
Dec 22, 2006

Fantastic Foreskin posted:

Are there any mods cspam likes? Going off the qcs drama the answer appears to be "no", but I also know they have like a million mods idk.

Cspam seems to genuinely believe mods are fascist cops that need to be stripped of power. They basically want to be 4chan.

mmj
Dec 22, 2006

Tiler Kiwi posted:

has there really been much mod drama outside of cspam/dnd

gbs has had the same crew for a while i think

Hugegrossburrito stepped down, but everybody said it was just real life/a bit of burnout with no real drama to speak of, just a quiet retirement.

mmj
Dec 22, 2006

scary ghost dog posted:

whose rereg are you

well, going to bat for pedophile defenders and genocide denial means... R. Guyovich? That sweet sweet cross between tankie and mod

mmj
Dec 22, 2006

The problem is that Jeff wanted to keep being the tech guy and has decision paralysis about the social side of the forums while also consolidating the power to really permanently deal with problems onto himself, then not making those decisions because of the paralysis. He just needs to find one admin he actually trusts to do things well and let them handle that side of the site with a lot of leeway. I don't blame a guy that looks at all these forum fights and just says "gently caress that"

mmj
Dec 22, 2006

Kazinsal posted:

QCS/Trumpthread ran out the last admin that Jeff really trusted. Wouldn't be surprised if they ran out the next.

Yeah he's not in a fun position right now and anything he does is going to piss someone off.hopefully it results in another weekend like this and not another multi-month forum war

mmj
Dec 22, 2006

Zil posted:

Didn't he also dabble in metallurgy for a bit, buying scrap silver, melting it down, and trying to pass it off as .99 pure or something?

That was JohnnyWalker or something. Both were bitcoin dipshits from like a decade ago back when goons were still making phones fall off chairs on Bruce's terrible show. Early bitcoin was a wild ride

mmj
Dec 22, 2006

EasilyConfused posted:

Pretty good analogy. Those also get dominated by people with free time and an axe to grind.

That's every iteration of QCS

mmj
Dec 22, 2006

sad question posted:

CIA can finally be stopped - by furiously posting in style of an anime villain at HOA meeting.

I have studied Marxist theory for years! By combining the power of collectivism and communism I have developed the ultimate technique! By focusing the means of production to a single point in my arm I can deliver... THE PEOPLE'S ELBOW!

mmj
Dec 22, 2006

Ghost Leviathan posted:

The 2000s were incredibly garbage in retrospect, I just put it down to 9/11 combined with the 90s hangover breaking everyone's brains. It was cool to be poo poo, because all the problems are solved, and also we're right to be murderously enraged all the time.

I think you accidentally time traveled about 15 years there

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mmj
Dec 22, 2006

bloom posted:

I don't believe it was due to any sex stuff, but one of the founders did get kicked out within like a month and then come back to cspam. This was after posting a big wordy banme about how SA is full of nazis etc

Basically the forums equivalent of dramatically quitting your job and then crawling back when you realize you didn't actually win the lottery.

That was smarxist, and if anyone has the Hades comic arfjason made its one of the best things this forums ever made