Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

The Saddest Rhino posted:

lol guess we have to add "ok with genocide denialism" to sleeveless's rap sheet

its somehow actually not a new development, he's made similar "how do we know its REALLY a genocide" posts with the same smarmy tone before

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

perepelki
Dec 11, 2020

know before Whom you stand
another stank sniffed out by the scary ghost dog

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Speaking of racist posts, remember the one dude who made a TGRS poster do a literal brown paper bag test before he would respond

wow

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Patrick Spens posted:

I'm like 90% sure it was the same guy both times.

it is, yeah. same guy got paper bag tested twice

screencap of someone who posted the original image

Mr. Fall Down Terror has a new favorite as of 06:49 on Jun 2, 2021

Douche Wolf 89
Dec 9, 2010

🍉🐺8️⃣9️⃣

Sorting Algorithms posted:

Name one good thing about your posting that isn't "they exhaustively catalogue hosed up drama"

Wow we didn't just make a rereg sour, we made the rereg sour.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Plotac 75 posted:

I just had a lightbulb go off in my head and suddenly remembered a goon saga from a long while back - Codefinger. I can't find the thread, and searching for the keyword in the forums doesn't pull up any threads (except this one now, I guess). Anyway, the gist was that a goon hacked some girl's computer (I think she was also a goon?), and in the end someone wrote and recorded a parody song of Goldfinger for the thread: Codefinger, about the man who loves only code. I think there was even some visual art made.

Does anyone know what I'm talking about? I'm certain I didn't imagine this.

Is that related to the creep who put malware on a girl's computer so he could spy on her using her webcam? Might have been his friend's girlfriend or something? I seem to recall them posting as though they expected people to be sympathetic. People were definitely not sympathetic.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

CaptainSarcastic posted:

Is that related to the creep who put malware on a girl's computer so he could spy on her using her webcam? Might have been his friend's girlfriend or something? I seem to recall them posting as though they expected people to be sympathetic. People were definitely not sympathetic.

How many times did something like that happen? I know like 1-2 "real" ones but one of the most remembered ones was the guy who posted about missing his chance to hide a camera in the shower to catch his sister, and then a furious later post that someone had sent his original post to the sister in question and his life was ruined.

Keru
Aug 2, 2004

'n suddenly there was a terrible roar all around us 'n the sky was full of what looked like 'uge bats, all swooping 'n screeching 'n divin' around the ute.
All I know is to call the police on Granos.

Turpitude II
Nov 10, 2014

Sorting Algorithms posted:

Page snypes are annoying but they are incredibly revealing in how many people don't actually bother making their posts either funny, informative, or interesting on any level and have to go back and retroactively add something of substance to their post when even the smallest amount of attention is drawn to it.

:ironicat:

Tunzie
Aug 9, 2008
I’m amazed they lasted as long on this rereg as they did. It seems so obvious in retrospect.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Guy Mann's stuff is so pathetically toothless most of the time that he's gotta up the ante just to get noticed nowadays. Sad!

Plotac 75
Aug 8, 2007
Mysteries of the ancient lizardman sealed by ancient, mysterious lizard magicks lost in the mysterious realm of ancient lizardmen from ages far, far ago.

CaptainSarcastic posted:

Yes! Yes, that was it!

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

pentyne posted:

How many times did something like that happen? I know like 1-2 "real" ones but one of the most remembered ones was the guy who posted about missing his chance to hide a camera in the shower to catch his sister, and then a furious later post that someone had sent his original post to the sister in question and his life was ruined.

Wasn't that one fake, or am I thinking of a different sister-fixated weirdo?

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Does anyone remember a thread someone posted about getting their braces off and their teeth basically disintegrate? Not drama, but this seems like the best place to ask.

Owlspiracy
Nov 4, 2020

RandolphCarter posted:

Does anyone remember a thread someone posted about getting their braces off and their teeth basically disintegrate? Not drama, but this seems like the best place to ask.

page 333, look for the spoiler text in a post of mine and goons who read the spoiler text crying

xtal
Jan 9, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
Someone asked about that so recently that I still haven't forgotten it :(

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Owlspiracy posted:

page 333, look for the spoiler text in a post of mine and goons who read the spoiler text crying

Thanks, just as horrible as I remembered. I’m thankful the pictures are lost.

xtal posted:

Someone asked about that so recently that I still haven't forgotten it :(

Every time I have any sort of dental incident I think of that thread. Almost 20 years of trauma. :thumbsup:

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

I've only just heard about this:

Howard Beale posted:

This is now beginning to feel like the story of the guy in the early days of the Bitcoin thread who wanted to buy his town's movie theater, re-open it, stock it with 25 kinds of fountain soda, and show nothing but episodes of TaleSpin.

There has got to be more to that story.

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Pastry of the Year posted:

I've only just heard about this:
There has got to be more to that story.

That would be Logansryche, he has a whole article about him on the buttcoin site: http://www.buttcoinfoundation.org/bitcoin-community-spotlight-logansryche/

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
That was one of my favorite early bitcoin stories. Among other things was his plan for a vip room with "every movie ever" and his business plan which listed expenses like a home office projector and a bunch of soda syrup of overlapping flavors.

Edit:

5? Fountain Drink Counter $579
48? Storage $509 x4
20? Trash Can $415 x2
Topper w/warmer $372 x4
1000 16oz Cups $63
500 32oz Cups $60
500 44oz Cups $68
2k 16oz Cup Lids $61
1k 32oz Cup Lids $40
1k 44oz Cup Lids $41
Corn Dog Fryer $638
Corn Dog Batter $42
1k Corn Dog Skewers $35
Cotton Candy MAchine $495
Cotton Candy Mix $50
1k Cotton Candy Stix $30
Deep Fryer $232
Popcorn Scooper $14
Popcorn Butter $85
20v Fountain Drink Machine $11,000 x2
5gal Diet Dr. Pepper Syrup $67
5gal Dr. Pepper Syrup $67
5gal RC Cola Syrup $67
5gal 7up Syrup $67
5gal Pink Lemonade Syrup $42
5gal Sunkist Orange Syrup $67
5gal Pepsi Syrup $OOS
5gal Diet Pepsi Syrup $OOS
The Hub Theater $175,000
Carpeting need dims
Epson Projector $2,000 x2
Popcorn Popper $958
Hot Dog Steamer $533
Condiment Station $457 x2
Cash Register $200
Credit Card Machine $300
Convection Oven $1,047 x2
Cinema Seats $127,000
16? Pizza Oven $1,574
14? Pizza Oven $1,400
Pretzel Oven $1,400
24×24? Register Counter $275
24×70? Counter $405
Spiral Fry Cutter $458
500 Large #5 Tray $31
50lb bag Popcorn Kernals $35
Popcorn Caramel Glaze $35
Butter Flavored Popcorn Salt $28
5gal Fruit Punch Syrup $51
5gal Hawian Punch Syrup $76
5gal Coke Classic Syrup $122
5gal Barq’s Root Beer Syrup $122
5gal Cherry Coke Syrup $122
5gal Coke Zero Syrup $122
5gal MM Lemonade Syrup $122
5gal Sierra Mist Syrup $OOS

Zero One has a new favorite as of 18:25 on Jun 2, 2021

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Remember the guy who wanted goons to buy him two cars for dubious reasons (two friends are being taken advantage of and I need to do something

He's been very busy not being mad and actually laughing:
My two Youtube subscribers think I'm cool
Let me tell you how much I'm not shaking with rage

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

A golden helix streaked skyward from the Helvault. A thunderous explosion shattered the silver monolith and Avacyn emerged, free from her prison at last.

I was wondering who that was. Lol.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
100% likes! Lmao.

E: I'm retracting my lmao in case the dude is struggling with some mental issues at the moment.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
Creative Commons means I can make money off it as long as I don't claim to own it, right guys?

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

is that actually the keyboard goop/electric retard guy?

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

Zero One posted:

That was one of my favorite early bitcoin stories. Among other things was his plan for a vip room with "every movie ever" and his business plan which listed expenses like a home office projector and a bunch of soda syrup of overlapping flavors.

I want a 70mm imax theater but one of my favorite films is like 600 pounds

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i sometimes throw cables away

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

Zil posted:

That would be Logansryche, he has a whole article about him on the buttcoin site: http://www.buttcoinfoundation.org/bitcoin-community-spotlight-logansryche/

There was more. After that article was written he tried to get into metal recycling and thought he was going to get rich recycling old washers and dryers he got from Craigslist. Then he started hassling industrial recyclers for quotes on processing large amounts of leaded glass from old CRTs, even though his entire turnover was a couple of old TVs he pickup up from the curb.

He also tried to make it as a Youtube star, thinking people wanted to watch him play Second Life and Minecraft. He even produced a fancy intro to use on his videos - where he proceeded to spell his own username incorrectly...

Sweevo has a new favorite as of 20:18 on Jun 2, 2021

pseudorandom
Jun 16, 2010

Yam Slacker

Plotac 75 posted:

I just had a lightbulb go off in my head and suddenly remembered a goon saga from a long while back - Codefinger. I can't find the thread, and searching for the keyword in the forums doesn't pull up any threads (except this one now, I guess). Anyway, the gist was that a goon hacked some girl's computer (I think she was also a goon?), and in the end someone wrote and recorded a parody song of Goldfinger for the thread: Codefinger, about the man who loves only code. I think there was even some visual art made.

Does anyone know what I'm talking about? I'm certain I didn't imagine this.

CaptainSarcastic posted:

Keru posted:

All I know is to call the police on Granos.

I replied on Discord, but this is what I've found so far:

Original Granos thread

The notable joke thread

SAclopedia entry

I haven't found any music in them though.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

pentyne posted:

There was a guy who posted about sniffing his sister's underwear while he was doing the family laundry who also reported back that someone had sent the thread to his sister and now his life was ruined because his mom was making him to go to therapy about it. I don't remember the hidden camera thing, but it sounds like the same guy, or like a gag post inspired by the creepy original.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Zero One posted:

5? Fountain Drink Counter $579
48? Storage $509 x4
20? Trash Can $415 x2
Topper w/warmer $372 x4
1000 16oz Cups $63
500 32oz Cups $60
500 44oz Cups $68
2k 16oz Cup Lids $61
1k 32oz Cup Lids $40
1k 44oz Cup Lids $41
Corn Dog Fryer $638
Corn Dog Batter $42
1k Corn Dog Skewers $35
Cotton Candy MAchine $495
Cotton Candy Mix $50
1k Cotton Candy Stix $30
Deep Fryer $232
Popcorn Scooper $14
Popcorn Butter $85
20v Fountain Drink Machine $11,000 x2
5gal Diet Dr. Pepper Syrup $67
5gal Dr. Pepper Syrup $67
5gal RC Cola Syrup $67
5gal 7up Syrup $67
5gal Pink Lemonade Syrup $42
5gal Sunkist Orange Syrup $67
5gal Pepsi Syrup $OOS
5gal Diet Pepsi Syrup $OOS
The Hub Theater $175,000
Carpeting need dims
Epson Projector $2,000 x2
Popcorn Popper $958
Hot Dog Steamer $533
Condiment Station $457 x2
Cash Register $200
Credit Card Machine $300
Convection Oven $1,047 x2
Cinema Seats $127,000
16? Pizza Oven $1,574
14? Pizza Oven $1,400
Pretzel Oven $1,400
24×24? Register Counter $275
24×70? Counter $405
Spiral Fry Cutter $458
500 Large #5 Tray $31
50lb bag Popcorn Kernals $35
Popcorn Caramel Glaze $35
Butter Flavored Popcorn Salt $28
5gal Fruit Punch Syrup $51
5gal Hawian Punch Syrup $76
5gal Coke Classic Syrup $122
5gal Barq’s Root Beer Syrup $122
5gal Cherry Coke Syrup $122
5gal Coke Zero Syrup $122
5gal MM Lemonade Syrup $122
5gal Sierra Mist Syrup $OOS

someone who is good at the economy please help me budget this
my family is dying

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

pseudorandom posted:

Original Granos thread

The notable joke thread

SAclopedia entry

:stare::stare::stare:

Jesus Christ that OP in the original thread was a hard read. What the Christ.

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

pseudorandom posted:

The notable joke thread

Third post in that thread is someone permabanned for sexual misconduct, that's our Something Awful!

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Sweevo posted:

There was more. After that article was written he tried to get into metal recycling and thought he was going to get rich recycling old washers and dryers he got from Craigslist. Then he started hassling industrial recyclers for quotes on processing large amounts of leaded glass from old CRTs, even though his entire turnover was a couple of old TVs he pickup up from the curb.

He also tried to make it as a Youtube star, thinking people wanted to watch him play Second Life and Minecraft. He even produced a fancy into to use on his videos - where he proceeded to spell his own username incorrectly...

Didn't he also dabble in metallurgy for a bit, buying scrap silver, melting it down, and trying to pass it off as .99 pure or something?

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

GOON HIVE MIND [Medium: Successful] There was a lot more to that story.

pseudorandom
Jun 16, 2010

Yam Slacker

Antifa Turkeesian posted:

There was a guy who posted about sniffing his sister's underwear while he was doing the family laundry who also reported back that someone had sent the thread to his sister and now his life was ruined because his mom was making him to go to therapy about it. I don't remember the hidden camera thing, but it sounds like the same guy, or like a gag post inspired by the creepy original.

I forget the name, but the sniffing underwear guy admitted the story was fake. I also do not recall anything about a camera in that story.

Edit: Redfox

Original thread

Edit 2: f;b

pseudorandom has a new favorite as of 19:45 on Jun 2, 2021

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
The sniffing underwear guy was named redfox.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Pastry of the Year posted:

GOON HIVE MIND [Medium: Successful] There was a lot more to that story.

HALF-LIGHT [Trivial: Successful] CALL THE POLICE!

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Zil posted:

Didn't he also dabble in metallurgy for a bit, buying scrap silver, melting it down, and trying to pass it off as .99 pure or something?
I think that might have been some other member of the Bitcoin Brain Trust from the same era.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Mr. Fall Down Terror posted:

it is, yeah. same guy got paper bag tested twice

screencap of someone who posted the original image

The alacrity at which posters like zoux disappeared from cspam, like wisp of smoke, after nov 8th still makes me laugh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mmj
Dec 22, 2006

I've always been a bit confrontational

Zil posted:

That was JohnnyWalker or something. Both were bitcoin dipshits from like a decade ago back when goons were still making phones fall off chairs on Bruce's terrible show. Early bitcoin was a wild ride