Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

signing up, did not read op

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

if you're not malkavian then you're scum

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

CPig the type of mod to make town a bunch of mortals or whatever those thralls are called. The ones that love vampire blood.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

steak making bad posts

must be day-phase

##vote steak

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Byers2142 posted:

Real question, how can you be 90% confident in a meta call in joke phase?

Watching you watch Steak play mafia is going to be loving wonderful :allears:

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Rarity posted:

Gonna lol if this is Tobbs pulling the same scummy intro post SNG pulled in my last game

Amnistar posted:

I caught someone last game with a similiar empty post "oh man thats a lot of posts." Who was in fact scum.

:thejoke:

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

I am seeing a lot of PERFORMATIVE POSTING today

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

CPig runs bastard games, fyi

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Byers2142 posted:

Here's what I believe about the mechanics; this is based on my role PM, the OP, and my knowledge of the source material:

There are four alignments, as detailed in the OP. At least two are scum, maybe three.

There are two main items, the Key and the Coffin. Combining them does something; in the source game, it was believed it would grant power but it was a trap. Given how flavor heavy this game is, I suspect it's a trap here as well, and will avoid it to ensure I don't fall victim to it.

I don't understand how any of those are massive leaps in judgement, and the Coffin trap is worth calling out in case it can save lives.

yeah but otoh what if you hadn't revealed it and scum had blown themselves up with it?

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

tpink posted:

Ahhh you beat me to it!

carlos "tpink" mencia

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

merk posted:

Before this post, you've been making jokes. Here, you put in a ton of effort to setup speculate instead of hunting scum.

##vote Steak - better case than Gumball.

that is steak hunting scum

he's making insane demands and then saying if they don't acquiesce he will declare them scum and push them for it

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Dick Bastardly posted:

We aren't playing the source game you idiots, were playing mafia

youre so lucky we can't chain probe you any more

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Sandwolf posted:

In Asssassin's Creed Origin the sarcophagus makes the precursor alien's voicemail play, so, maybe CPig took inspiration from other video game sarcophagus, and upon victory here, we shall hear the name of God

a gust of wind billows from the sarcophagus, the dust of 4,000 years causing you to cough involuntarily. then you hear it. The Voice. It says two words.

"HAROLD KRELL."

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Byers2142 posted:

Wait, poo poo, is Harold still alive? I made the joke then realized I've been gone for two years, and it would be cruel if he'd passed.

i told you in our SK discord channel that im harold

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

not to be rude, but maybe you're just a loving idiot

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Mr. Steak posted:

i started this game with 1 influence and as soon as i send this post, i'm pm'ing cpig to transfer that 1 influence to byers because i really dont care about it, and if he's being genuine, he'll send his to someone else too.

this is an excellent cover to send influence to your teammate

well played

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

The longer Sal takes to flavor claim the worse he looks, imo.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Tobbs is scum muddying the waters here

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

SalTheBard posted:

I'm not going to flavor claim in a game where Cpig specifically said "Flavor matters, it's a good idea not to discuss it." if that gets me cuddled so be it.

Excuses, excuses.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Amnistar posted:

For clarity for the rest of the gake, I do not care for sal to flavor claim. Sal simply needs to scum hunt for me to change my opinion of him.

For clarity’s sake I don’t want Sal to flavor claim it’s just funny to say it

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Love to see tons of justifications for surface level reads

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Not liking the weird byplay by Rarity here. I can understand merk’s posts, he was Sal’s strongest scum read so of course he’s gonna respond. Rarity though seems to be lobbing softballs from the bleachers.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Hal Incandenza posted:

For what?

I’m at work in a place with no internet at all.

I am at lunch now so I’m not gonna read 350 posts yet

Later tonight I will not be at work with no internet but you call me out from now until then and I won’t even know!

How the heck did you immediately know someone was posting about you if you haven’t read any of the prior posts

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

*Hal looks up from his newspaper as his wife screams his name for the fifth time*

“There’s no need to shout, dear. I’m sitting right here.”

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Hal Incandenza posted:

I mean does that really happen?

Seldom, if ever

(Check the pic soscannonballs just posted in our chat it’s hilarious)

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

DGK2000 posted:

Rarity actually put together cases in Horus Heresy. She is not here, she is just posting repeatedly without actually compiling like she did/does as town.

Do you have any examples of her compiled casing in HH?

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Sandwolf posted:

Would ANYONE else be interested in lunching Tobbs?

After Steak but before Sal, sure.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

tpink posted:

Sand, who’s scum?

I think Wolfie has been demonstrably clear and consistent in expressing who he finds scummy today.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Tommunist posted:

My role PM

lmao

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

mikeycp posted:

less day = less content = less analysis

the only people who want days to end early are non-townies

bad take, this is how you end up 15 minutes to deadline needing 1 vote and the scum are in the thread posting "will i or won't i hmmmmmmmm hehehehehe"

when cheese sandwich shows up and makes a flurry of posts within 2 hours of the deadline you'll see what I mean

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

SalTheBard posted:

Again...I didn't write the role PM

it's sounding like you're not reading it either

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Jon Joe posted:

here are my argument's against Sal's execution:

1. Sal does stuff like this every game
2. he's going to flip town and we're going to get 0 information from it

this is true meta-wise but also I think performative self-voters are always anti-town even if they're actually town. by placing himself at -3 with that self-vote he has made a very clear dichotomy for today: either you are discussing The Sal Lunch or you are grasping at straws looking for an alternative and trying to herd cats to get them to look at that alternative.

mafia players are hilariously simple-minded and will target lock on the first "good case" they see for the day to the detriment of all other possibilities

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

SalTheBard posted:

JJ I always and truly appreciate it when you defend me (especially when you are the lone voice) but it's totally fine. I did this to myself by not understanding my role pm and making a stupid loving joke.

this reads as either someone who is giving up on playing mafia or a scum who is going to gloat when they survive the lunch today

having flashbacks of sng

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

SalTheBard posted:

Again...not sure what gives me the ability to steal influence.

fangs would certainly be one possibility

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Mr. Steak posted:

no, nobody's sockpuppeting my account but that b-minus1 guy is so cool, check out his patreon if you want to support a real swell mafia player

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Byers2142 posted:

One suggests a setup scenario, the other suggests scum behavior that setup would push the game towards? You scumhunt two or more scum teams differently than a single team.

Oh? How so?

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Tommunist posted:

I dont like it that humalong is trying day 1

i'm going back to my nap, I still got another good hour

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

merk posted:

With this logic, Sal's flip doesn't matter. You're agreeing that 'all scum' are currently voting Sal. There's seven people. Who is scum in there?

Sal :ironicat:

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

lot of people coming in here all "i don't wanna read all these posts but what happened???? sal....................bad???"

just loving read lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

real talk I think Tobbs and Tommu are the most likely scum on the Sal vote

could also see merk or mikeycp