Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cheese sandwich
Feb 9, 2009

Can I be a sparkle vampire

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cheese sandwich
Feb 9, 2009

Grape nos is the worst nos :smith:

cheese sandwich
Feb 9, 2009

hello thread, I will probably not read the 700 posts you guys made today. At least not before deadline. Also I am not a sparkle vampire I don't think

With the workload that got dropped on me yesterday I don't expect that I'm going to be super engaged before next week. If someone has a coles notes re what's going on that would be super

cheese sandwich
Feb 9, 2009

How is it that every game seems to get horny about sal right away? I like sal, let him play without raging out for a change

cheese sandwich
Feb 9, 2009

People would have to listen to me ever for that to be appropriate

cheese sandwich
Feb 9, 2009

Hello. I have no opinions about anyone yet, who is the scum I should vote

cheese sandwich
Feb 9, 2009

The only vote out atm that I'm really warm towards is merk @ amni. It's kind of a pointless vote rn but probably where I'm going to start tomorrow

cheese sandwich
Feb 9, 2009

Is there a chance that anyone not steak is going to eat lunch today

cheese sandwich
Feb 9, 2009

SalTheBard posted:

I feel like it's just such a drive by weird vote.

I don't know that drive-by is the right word but I agree that it's a lovely vote slash post at face value

cheese sandwich
Feb 9, 2009

Amnistar posted:

...sal is not steak, you could vote sal...

Well yeah but why

and is it possible do you think? And why is that better than steak

cheese sandwich
Feb 9, 2009

cheese sandwich posted:

Is there a chance

cheese sandwich posted:

and is it possible do you think? And why is that better than steak

cheese sandwich
Feb 9, 2009

I'm sorry that work comes first, particularly when it's 2020 and all of my friends are losing their jobs? I'm here now and next week will be better

cheese sandwich
Feb 9, 2009

Amnistar posted:

I mean, that's fine, but don't play coy when it comes to deadline. We are where we are, bitching about "oh do I have to vote steak" isn't helping anything. Either vote steak, or vote someone that isn't steak.

Where am I playing coy?

Reading him over I think this is town sal and I'm not super into steak, sorry you've been riding a lovely gotcha all day

cheese sandwich
Feb 9, 2009

Mr. Steak posted:

idk i think intentionally blowing my lunchproof on d1 when i was sotting pretty before is not a scum thing to do.

excited to be confirmed town tomorrow

I'm so ready for this to be a lunch bomb

I haven't seen one for a while and I want to

cheese sandwich
Feb 9, 2009

Amnistar posted:

..we're 40 minutes from deadline. You don't really get to say "Yea, not feeling it." when we're struggling to get *anyone* executed. I'm currently voting steak despite wanting sal to be todays execution target because I don't think my target will be executed and a misexecution is better than no execution.

counterpoint - I get to say whatever I want. The sal comment was slightly unfair though I will give you, I just remembered reading into your sal vote when I first got here and didn't notice that you'd moved

##vote steak this is probably the most productive thing I can do atm

cheese sandwich
Feb 9, 2009

Would you like a hug

cheese sandwich
Feb 9, 2009

Sup Hal are you scum?

cheese sandwich
Feb 9, 2009

Naw I'd probably try harder to poo poo something out as scum. Just tired af

cheese sandwich
Feb 9, 2009

I honestly don't know that much about vtm, I just remember reading about sanguinarian vampires and the "vampire lifestyle" as a pretty lame semi goth teen and how they apparently wrote their bible based on vtm or something. I was more of an Anne Rice kid

cheese sandwich
Feb 9, 2009

Reading & thinking about sal actually it's pinging me a bit that he seemed super aware that flavour was important and was pretty willing to share his which is making me think he might have got a fake claim? I'm not super against it but I don't think it'll happen

cheese sandwich
Feb 9, 2009

Opop feels townie this game too

cheese sandwich
Feb 9, 2009

Retro Futurist posted:

If anyone else has a vig they should kill cheese because he's just going to keep lurking, then popping up for a few posts at deadline.

Rude

I decided to stay home for the long weekend because I'm tired as poo poo after the week so I'm hanging out trying to catch up. I also have edibles on hand so this may end up running into a morning endeavour, we'll see

cheese sandwich
Feb 9, 2009

I read over amni and I don't think he's scum atm. Our interaction at eod aside he's playing more thoughtfully than I'd expect from scum amni and his callouts mostly feel substantive

His GG case I didn't mind, I'll probably keep it in a tab for when I look over GG

I'm leaning townier on amni rn. I don't think he should be shot

cheese sandwich
Feb 9, 2009

Mr. Steak posted:

very confused by this. its like an oxymoron

Yeah I was wondering the same thing when I saw that. Like complaining about no flips except for the bunch of flips we had last night

My only impression of sandwolf so far is from reading from the start of d2 until now and he's either playing really lazy or he's scum. I normally feel like sandwolf is scum when I play with him but this feels off somehow

I'll get to him later or tomorrow probably

cheese sandwich
Feb 9, 2009

Sandwolf posted:

Nobody had to petition for those kills in front of everyone.

Well, I mean, I'll claim the db kill and I did it because I had no reads at all and he was third down the list at the eod votes. What I did read before eod I remembered people talking about him and pushing him but not very hard but my gut wanted to see if it was a bus and I had the means to check

I'll probably get there later and revisit why I had that impression but point being that did happen directly because people were chatting him up

cheese sandwich
Feb 9, 2009

Did I stutter? I was supporting your point

cheese sandwich
Feb 9, 2009

Rarity posted:

cheese, please answer these questions:

1) How did you kill DB?

2) What was the flavour for you killing DB?

3) If there's no further risk in claming it, who's your flavour?

Hal Incandenza posted:

Let me just add

4) Why did you feel like it was a good idea to use this N1 on someone you yourself admit you had no scum read on? And why not Sal who had way more action and activity around them if that was your goal?

1) I killed him? Dead?

2) That I quietly snuck up behind him and killed him

3) I'm Grunfeld Bach. I'm a hunter survivor with an extra condition that several people die one of which was Smilin Jack, judging based on what I've read about the flavour the people I'm looking for probably won't be mortals. I can flavour cop and kill and once they die I'm vanilla. I will probably also be at the monastery every night

4) Why not? I thought about it but ultimately I didn't kill Sal because he flavour claimed and he's not on my list. I didn't cop because it seemed less efficient and I wasn't aware of how much death there would be, there's a good chance I'll be more tentative going forward because I don't want the game to end

I will add that nothing in my result pm gave me any indication of the PGO until I saw the flip so I'm assuming he gave it away or didn't submit it for himself last night

cheese sandwich
Feb 9, 2009

and survive yes

cheese sandwich
Feb 9, 2009

Rarity posted:

That is... a lot. Can anyone think of any reason why cheese shouldn't claim the rest of the characters on his list?

I assume this means you can win with scum as well as town?

Probably. But that's no fun

I wasn't going to but thinking about it they definitely won't be flavour claiming anyways and probably have a good idea of what I'm after so it's probably more beneficial to share so that people know they're not in my crosshairs at least
  • Sebastian Lacroix
  • Andrei
  • Isaac Abrams
  • Nines Rodriguez
  • Smilin Jack

cheese sandwich
Feb 9, 2009

Retro Futurist posted:

Yeah I don't buy it ##vote cheese
This feels like a lie, and even if it's not we only lose a 3p with a killing role.

You’re on the list aren’t you? :getin:

cheese sandwich
Feb 9, 2009

Sandwolf posted:

yeah I'd bet anything he's a 3P luncher who after his targets get got he wins and he's said this bit about winning with the town to try to appear harmless to the town

It’s not, but even if that was the case how would that make it worse? If I won and absconded wouldn’t that make me less threatening to the town as opposed to having me around as an unknown to the end? I don’t get your point here it just feels like shade

I mean I’m normally one to rail against 3p claims but I saw it as more helpful claiming than not, so Idk. If you need to lunch me I guess I probably wouldn’t judge it too harshly but I’d be (and am actively) more interested in people that are particularly offended by my claim because it’s hard to not read it as threatened. Especially lazy stuff like what I’ve quoted above

cheese sandwich
Feb 9, 2009

I had a bunch of tabs with comments re sandwolf open last night but accidentally closed the browser window while I was blazed but I’m going to ##vote sandwolf and probably revisit to flesh out later when I’m not on a phone

Jist of the point I was going to make is that from what I’ve read so far he seems lazy and aloof this game and feels off. I may have made a similar comment already

cheese sandwich
Feb 9, 2009

Sandwolf posted:

I promise I'm not on your list of targets, trust me, I just don't know if I want a 3P killing role around who has no interest in actually finding scum. How'd you know to shoot DB last night? 'lucky guess' is not a sufficient answer.

What was lucky about it? Judging based on his flip it could have been very unlucky if his pgo was active

cheese sandwich
Feb 9, 2009

SalTheBard posted:

You (allegedly) picked someone at random to kill and you don't see why people are considering that lucky?

No? I don’t see how killing someone ultimately detrimental to my stated goal is lucky at all

The only thing remotely lucky on my end was that I didn’t get pgo’d. What was nice was that someone else killed smilin jack, thank you mystery person

cheese sandwich
Feb 9, 2009

Sandwolf posted:

so you've already killed a mortal, cheese, idk what you want from us, to just let you pick people off one by one while we try to find maybe two scumteams?

I’m the one offering cooperation since I see my goal as a shared goal (hence the willing unprompted claim), you’re the one being obstinate

cheese sandwich
Feb 9, 2009

Mr. Steak posted:

cheese can you respond to my confusion about :

why choose to blindly shoot when you had the option of using the flavorcop?

you mentioned "I didn't cop because it seemed less efficient and I wasn't aware of how much death there would be"

what do you mean by less efficient? because from my perspective, confirming targets with flavorcop and then shooting a confirmed target is more efficient than shooting blindly.

what do you mean by not aware how much death there'd be? were you worried there'd be less or more than there was? why would that even factor into your decision anyway?

none of this makes any sense to me, and im really trying to understand

Why not? I guess would be my answer. Both actions give me the same information through different means. Making the kill felt more efficient in that if I get a hit I’m not making the same action twice and felt less consequential in a large game before I saw five flips this morning. I mean the flavour cop would theoretically be pretty easy to prove tonight for people that think I’m lying

Also killing is fun

Gumball Gumption posted:

##vote Cheese

Even if it isn't an inherently anti-town role it's anti-town play to lurk day 1 and then use your kill night 1 when you have other tools. Also seems weird you don't have to kill your targets yourself.

Lol that you’d try to present this as anything but self preservation

cheese sandwich
Feb 9, 2009

Amnistar posted:

Especially one that is a threat to the Annarchs.

It makes no sense that you’d think this and want to lunch me

cheese sandwich
Feb 9, 2009

Sandwolf posted:

i think you're a threat to mortals, no matter what your role says, evidenced by the fact you ****ALREADY KILLED TOWN****

That’s nice and we heard you the first time but that was directed towards amni

cheese sandwich
Feb 9, 2009

Mr. Steak posted:

when did amni kill town?

im feeling like i skipped a page somewhere lol

Amnistar posted:

Especially one that is a threat to the Annarchs.

cheese sandwich posted:

It makes no sense that you’d think this and want to lunch me

Sandwolf posted:

i think you're a threat to mortals, no matter what your role says, evidenced by the fact you ****ALREADY KILLED TOWN****

cheese sandwich posted:

That’s nice and we heard you the first time but that was directed towards amni

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cheese sandwich
Feb 9, 2009

Also a thing that amused me was the immediate response to rarity claiming the Byers kill last night compared to me claiming the db kill. Also that he claimed a role that sounded a lot like mine, there’s almost certainly more there that people glazed over

What was really funny was that he said he was picking between me and Byers because I was deciding between him and db. Lol