Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Now that Bowsette is officially over, where will you be sending your horny energy?
This poll is closed.
Melinda Rust (née Megamelons) 13 5.86%
Twitch streamers 9 4.05%
VTube animes 27 12.16%
Any of the other –ette monstrosities 10 4.50%
[Lie] I don’t get horny. 54 24.32%
Other (Bowsette) 93 41.89%
Now that I'm an IK, I can make my own option 13 5.86%
David Crossup 1 0.45%
Bob PSPGodenkirk 2 0.90%
Total: 222 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

Hopper posted:

Question, there is a humble better futures bundle or whatever, it has Vanquish for PC for 4 bucks. Is Vanquish good on PC?

Vanquish is good everywhere. :blastu:

e: New NieR combat looks interesting. I think the combat in the first game being unengaging but serviceable fit the narrative very well, but I don't think better combat will be a worse fit for the game either.

Still sad about no Papa Nier, though. :(

JordanKai fucked around with this message at 15:06 on Sep 24, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Vanquish on pc is like godmode cause you can aim so well with mouse

grieving for Gandalf posted:

I didn't play the first NieR but I've seen gameplay for our version, Gestalt, over the years and that remake footage looks so much more like a modern game that I wasn't even reminded what Gestalt's gameplay looked like

Gestalts overworld gameplay was simplistic 3d zelda style action combat but with a light/heavy 2 button setup+magic. There was probably too much of it and against too few enemy types cause it gets a ton of hate when imo its perfectly serviceable
Outside of the overworld, the combat becomes very different in ways i wont mention because nier's genre shifting and perspective changes are worth seeing blind but i think everyone at least knows to expect a lot of bullet hell bosses

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

Hopper posted:

Question, there is a humble better futures bundle or whatever, it has Vanquish for PC for 4 bucks. Is Vanquish good on PC?

Yes. It had some bugs at launch, but I've replayed it through recently and they've all been fixed as far as I can tell.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

The real bad thing about the original Nier is that about 90% of the sidequests are dumb tedious bullshit that's not worth your time and that's not super obvious if you don't already know.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Waffleman_ posted:

The real bad thing about the original Nier is that about 90% of the sidequests are dumb tedious bullshit that's not worth your time and that's not super obvious if you don't already know.

Yeah you can only get 2 of the 4 endings unless you grind all the weapons in the game too its a pain in the rear end

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Nearly a good game: Auto-meh-ta

It's all I got sorry

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Near-Automatic scrolldown is what I call it since that's what I do whenever it comes up in discussion!

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Waffleman_ posted:

That's true of Automata too though.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

You're not a true gamer unless you 100% every game you start.

That's why I don't play any games, so my record is pure.

al-azad
May 28, 2009

I was real glad Automata just let me buy all the trophies so I could just look the weapon stories up online because no way was I grinding for the .00000000000001% chance a loving screw needed to upgrade your pod might appear in a chest after climbing 5 floors of a building but only if you reload the chapter.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Infinitum posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wSJSWy2o_1I

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

Infinitum posted:

100% WoW coward

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

Real hurthling! posted:

against too few enemy types

The instruction manual for Nier on Xbox had a single page on „Enemies” and it listed the following:
- boar
- shades

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Infinitum posted:

I am trying to find a post with you mentioning a game you are currently playing and coming up short. :hmmyes:

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Struck a nerve apparently :v:

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Infinitum posted:

Struck a nerve apparently :v:

I mean I had my doubts about your claims, but they check out!

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

stolen again from the PS4 thread

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Last game I played to completion were Horizon Zero Dawn + Frozen Wilds.

They are very good games.

Hype for Forbidden West

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Forbidden West looks extremely good.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Hype for the continued adventures of gently caress Ted Faro

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I bet they'd make a shitload of money on a dlc that let you time travel to kill Ted

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
Ted Faro is a John Galt-rear end name

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Straight up who gave him Omega level clearance?

Chev
Jul 19, 2010
Switchblade Switcharoo

stev posted:

Yoko's not actually directing is he? Do we know what he's working on at the moment?
Based on his interviews and GDC talk, presumably he's working on getting drunk during work hours and hiding from his employers.

Yet somehow a game will come out of it.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
For 960 years you have been asking: Who is Ted Faro?

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

"For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is Ted Faro? This is Ted Faro speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are perishing-you who dread knowledge-I am the man who will now tell you." The chief engineer was the only one able to move; he ran to a television set and struggled frantically with its dials. But the screen remained empty; the speaker had not chosen to be seen. Only his voice filled the airways of the country-of the world, thought the chief engineer-sounding as if he were speaking here, in this room, not to a group, but to one man; it was not the tone of addressing a meeting, but the tone of addressing a mind.

"You have heard it said that this is an age of moral crisis. You have said it yourself, half in fear, half in hope that the words had no meaning. You have cried that man's sins are destroying the world and you have cursed human nature for its unwillingness to practice the virtues you demanded. Since virtue, to you, consists of sacrifice, you have demanded more sacrifices at every successive disaster. In the name of a return to morality, you have sacrificed all those evils which you held as the cause of your plight. You have sacrificed justice to mercy. You have sacrificed independence to unity. You have sacrificed reason to faith. You have sacrificed wealth to need. You have sacrificed self-esteem to self-denial. You have sacrificed happiness to duty.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

Infinitum posted:

He most likely had one of his ZD technicians develop it in secret, unbeknownst to the Alphas.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Infinitum posted:

He bankrolled the whole project, he could have gotten any low-level engineer to sneak it in.

I'm more curious how he rigged the core meeting room with a "kill everyone in it" button

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Ted: Sorry guys, I just needed to vent.

al-azad
May 28, 2009

haveblue posted:

He bankrolled the whole project, he could have gotten any low-level engineer to sneak it in.

I'm more curious how he rigged the core meeting room with a "kill everyone in it" button

Doesn't he just remotely open the door?

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

The NieR remaster is apparently going to be full price? I'm one of the biggesr NieR fanboys on the planet but even I can't justify that.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

JordanKai posted:

The NieR remaster is apparently going to be full price? I'm one of the biggesr NieR fanboys on the planet but even I can't justify that.

AFAIK it's a remake, not a remaster.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Yeah I think it's a remake, on top of including story content that was cut from the western release.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

I said come in! posted:

Yeah I think it's a remake, on top of including story content that was cut from the western release.

Oh yeah? I saw the footage and while the environments looked better, it wasn't such a big improvement that it made me think it was remade for the ground up.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

JordanKai posted:

Oh yeah? I saw the footage and while the environments looked better, it wasn't such a big improvement that it made me think it was remade for the ground up.

Fair! I'm spoiled by FF7 Remake but have to remember remakes that did happen before were typically just very souped up remasters.

Weedle
May 31, 2006

I said come in! posted:

Fair! I'm spoiled by FF7 Remake but have to remember remakes that did happen before were typically just very souped up remasters.

i don't think this is true at all

al-azad
May 28, 2009

The Trials of Mana remake was great and it sold well enough for Square to actually publicly announce "maybe we shouldn't make garbage phone Mana games like the Secret of Mana remake?"

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

al-azad posted:

The Trials of Mana remake was great and it sold well enough for Square to actually publicly announce "maybe we shouldn't make garbage phone Mana games like the Secret of Mana remake?"

I thought it was even too slavish to the dated design of the original.
Walk into a big town full of npcs and all you do there is talk to 2 people and never return!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

Infinitum posted:

permaban this lunatic