Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Now that Bowsette is officially over, where will you be sending your horny energy?
This poll is closed.
Melinda Rust (née Megamelons) 13 5.86%
Twitch streamers 9 4.05%
VTube animes 27 12.16%
Any of the other –ette monstrosities 10 4.50%
[Lie] I don’t get horny. 54 24.32%
Other (Bowsette) 93 41.89%
Now that I'm an IK, I can make my own option 13 5.86%
David Crossup 1 0.45%
Bob PSPGodenkirk 2 0.90%
Total: 222 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Barudak
May 7, 2007

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY posted:

It sounds like there won't exactly be a short supply of the bundle.

I mean, its releasing digitally. Its not the amount, its just it being pointlessly limited time my brain goes "eh just miss out". I got reverse FOMO

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barudak
May 7, 2007

I think I would have preferred stick bug, but yall already know the only thing I like less than Breath of the Wild's gameplay is its story.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Densha De Go without the arcade controller setup seems really stupid.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Steel Ball Run features the revelation that Jesus, aka Joshua bin Joseph, is a JoJo and also the clearest thought experiment of why rude people tend to get their way.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

The rack focus or whatever its called where only a small area around you is in focus and everything else is blurred in The Touryst is vile. Every second I play this game I think to myself, I wish it wasnt actively making it harder to play the game by looking ugly on purpose.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Black > Sigma And 2> Sigma and Razors Edge > 3

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Hit a part of The Touryst where you can't fully control the camera and must jump on orbs glowing in the darkness without any reference to where they are in 3d space.

No.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY posted:

They want a game where they win a lot while the average person loses a lot.

Its this. Look at any conversation about hating skill based matchmaking and its the fantasy of getting to crush first time players

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Relax Or DIE posted:

i don't disagree but i think it's only one aspect of it, the other crossing over with things like death of private servers/community-based play and how many games fall into the 'role-based team game' mold which I think may actually just be bad design outside of full premades.

I think games being increasingly designed like American Football rather than like a pickup game of footy is a real trend, but there are many games that still exist to pickup that slack and some of the most popular games on the market don't follow that design mold for obvious reasons.

I think complaining about premades and mmr is wanting your pubstomping cake and eating it too, you want to stomp on other players but not by investing work to find other equally skilled people to team up with you. You just want a free range stomping.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Relax Or DIE posted:

that being true i think more games should secret match people with bots once in a while

A lot of them do, and players absolutely hate when they find this out.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

The 7th Guest posted:

what happened to 'tryhards'

A new term for a new generation.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Paladins (RIP) had it where the first four or five levels of progression all you fought was bots and the amount of people bragging about their godlike skill at the game even though they just started was just magical

Barudak
May 7, 2007

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

I think I was watching someone play PUBG and he took a shot at someone who immediately dropped and laid down in an open field and he was like "This is EXACTLY how the bots in ARMA2 behave." Not sure if anything ever came of it but apparently PUBG is starting to die down and now bots are "officially" in the game as of April to help pad out servers

PUBG has like 200 million mau, granted mostly in China. The only platform with mandatory bots is Stadia.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

That song is a big ol nothing to me. Its not bad, its not good. Its like any random stage music in a game nobody talks about the soundtrack of.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Jay Rust posted:

(Someone explain the village in flames joke please :()

The current West Coast Wild Fire was caused by a botched gender reveal party, much like the previous one last year or two years ago.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Played Hypnospace Outlaw and got to Carl P's page about Lisa and I guess now Im going to sleep.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Seems late to do a fantasy draft.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

It makes sense, Im just kind of impressed you're able to schedule it then without issue as my drafts always had to move the day around like crazy to accomodate.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Wouldn't "you" be the most common or are we explicitly removing pronouns from contention here?

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Black Desert Online has a wonderfully, wonderfully overdetailed character creator that I got good mileage from that then plops you into one of the worst playing games Ive touched in a long time. It plays like you put Dragon's Dogma in the Pet Semetary, twice.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Companies spend shitloads of money doing consumer research and then when it says "your company sucks, nobody wants this" throw it in the trash and do it anyway.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

I love collectathons but Assassins Creed doesn't do it for me.

More games by Ladybug when????

Barudak
May 7, 2007

ymgve posted:

I get slaughtered by the unique enemies in Xenoblade 1, even when I'm at the same level as them. I think I might be bad at games.

Imagine unique enemies have like 3 more levels than what their levels say. You can still 100% chump them with some grinding or you can treat it like a boss fight. I would absolutely not recommend fighting them lower than their level as the penalties in Xenoblade for level below opponent get vicious fast

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Only play Stranger of Sword City if you have it on Vita. All other versions didn't and never will get the update patch and its a huge list of improvements to the game. The vanilla title has a fantastic opening bit but very very rapidly you realize a huge portion of the challenge is going to be the game making you physically walk through 3+ dungeons in a row to access the one you need to currently beat instead of just giving you a warp anywhere nearby to where you want to be.

Still planning to buy their new game

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Relax Or DIE posted:

I tried labyrinth of refrain but the character advancement felt boring and it was real horny and not always in a good way

What's the best dungeon crawler on switch? Make an etrian game for switch already

Operencia.

I really really liked Operencia even if its a B game to the core

Barudak
May 7, 2007

abelwingnut posted:

yea, i think i'd like to develop a pattern of mid-length game, long game, short game. from what i can tell nier is roughly mid-length, so it seems a good starter. and link's awakening sounds like a good short game from what you're saying.

which long game should i play between them? if the xenoblade ii continues the story from the first i think i'd like to play them together. if not, i could go for xc i, easily. otherwise...not sure.

The story relationship betwen Xenoblade 1 and 2 is an allusion to it during the prefinal boss cutscene and a single call back line during the final battle. Xenoblade 1 is also a far better game, but still has lots of really baffling counter fun mechanics.

Edit: Both of their DLCs are significant steps up from their base games in quality and Id wish that lesson would carry to the next one

Barudak fucked around with this message at 14:51 on Sep 12, 2020

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Ometeotl posted:

Love to casually spoil big endgame plot developments

That the games are connected very very very tangentially is not a big endgame development and has absolutely no bearing whatsoever on the story of either of the games.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Thats a whole new update, maybe, because the Vita version was called something else. I'd need more details since the steam page is vague as hell but that could be awesome and I might need to double dip since the version I have ain't getting didly any time soon (ever)

They're absolutely a developer who needs some budget and direction because they're so close to making great dungeon crawlers.

Barudak fucked around with this message at 16:02 on Sep 12, 2020

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Hrm Momodora Reverie under the Something or Other, I do think its terrible design to give additional equipment only to people who defeat bosses flawlessly thus proving they don't need it. I don't know why you think its a good idea, but hey, you do you.

Coming off Touhou this is way more a metroidvania in layout but mein gott its just brutal with the damage output of enemies and that health is metroid controlled.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

RBA Starblade posted:

Someone gifted me that game a while ago, it wasn't bad. None of those boss items matter. The big titty witch you kill by smacking her breasts to death was pretty embarrassing though.

The items being good or not is still silly, they're functional items and have uses. I'd be fine if the trade off is I have to pay for them later, but making them one time only is doofy since again, they're rewards for people who don't need them. The first one also isn't amazing, but I still dealt solid chip damage to the second boss with it so its not like its just a blank medallion saying "no hit" like in Castlevania titles which is something Im totally fine with.

I finished the second boss you beat by punching her boobs which are the size of your adult human sized character and the entire tone of the game kind of got lost for a minute.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Ciaphas posted:

i think one of the endings is from perfecting every boss too?

You got me super worried so I looked it up and no, it looks like the ending is solely tied to weather you upgrade your main attack or not.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

It will play PS4 games. What if any enhancements you get who knows but thats what they said. PS4 games.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Momodora's difficulty curve is a mig ol bess and I don't like having instadeath pits in my metroidvania at all. It looks like you can eventually buy the the item you get from the first boss at around 75%+ of the game so thats nice but still silly since that item is real real good.

The ability to turn into a cat should have been bound to a dedicated button, the current setup is just silly.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

That combat doesn't look right but Im here for the way too many clashing bright colors at once aesthetic

Barudak
May 7, 2007

I cant rag on Momodora too much for being an insanely small person team but the difficulty curve is a downward slope from the first boss, there is absolutely no reason for their to be one hit kill go back to last save point platforming in a metroidvania, and the item for beating the first boss flawlessly is stupidly good and basically has no reason to be unequipped except for the final boss who is inexplicably immune.

I'd play another game by these people, yeah, but like small learnings would be appreciated.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Real hurthling! posted:

So xbox is gonna get very destroyed now right

Absolutely barring something insane like Elden Ring is a launch title exclusive

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Gripweed posted:

I missed the PS5 event, how's it looking?

Sony realized they need something like gamepass and have actual launch games and offering the discless for 400 so pretty good

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Monkey Fracas posted:

So do I have to buy a PS5 I had to leave work and do something before the stream was done

Every game except demons souls comes out on PS4 and also all the preorders sold out already so you can safely wait.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Weedle posted:

that's true. apple is richer so i hope it hurts them more, but it would also be very funny if epic just committed this massive own goal and got nothing out of it

I am not a lawyer but currently this looks less like an own goal and more like epic built a ball kicking machine and then pointed it at their own net

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Dauntless's escalation is a nice twist up on the formula and the finally did the smart thing of reusing existing Behemoths and giving them dramatic visual changes and tweaked moves to make them fit different elements. Its weird its taken them so long to do that and that you can't fight them or the escalation boss monsters outside of escalation but hey, improvements.