Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Now that Bowsette is officially over, where will you be sending your horny energy?
This poll is closed.
Melinda Rust (née Megamelons) 13 5.86%
Twitch streamers 9 4.05%
VTube animes 27 12.16%
Any of the other –ette monstrosities 10 4.50%
[Lie] I don’t get horny. 54 24.32%
Other (Bowsette) 93 41.89%
Now that I'm an IK, I can make my own option 13 5.86%
David Crossup 1 0.45%
Bob PSPGodenkirk 2 0.90%
Total: 222 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

I said come in! posted:

Its a year old single player game with only basic RTX as a next-gen feature, no one is going to go back to it.

in what world is control not hardware intensive

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

PunkBoy posted:

that owns

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

They should make movies of the later dune books

I love how batshit they get

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

grieving for Gandalf posted:

presumably they'll make a series out of D U N C if this one's successful. I don't know poo poo about Dune but I hear it referenced often so I'm interested in watching the teaser whenever it drops

Those books are extremely unworkable as films, way more than the first one

that's kind of why I want them

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Zaphod42 posted:

The later Brian Herbert dune books are crazy batshit.

Those don't exist

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

haveblue posted:

At one point an equivalence is drawn between Salusa Secundus intentionally producing the Sardaukar and Arrakis unintentionally producing the Fremen. This is the moment Paul realizes that he could make the Fremen into an organized militia that could actually overpower the imperial forces. I don't remember the exact text well enough to judge whether it could be construed as an endorsement of this

The Dune books definitely do not treat Paul's insane jihad as a good thing at least

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Chev posted:

In one of the later books the best emperor ever goes out of his way to make a perfect complacent society so he can then make them fall so the ensuing suffering will make a stronger human race so I think you read that right.

That's really not what Leto's golden path was about

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

SeXReX posted:

Leto's golden shower

There's so much weird sex poo poo in the later dune books that wouldn't even be noteworthy

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Weedle posted:

no i just like playing games on handhelds more than pc or consoles

:same:

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Shenmue 3 is just as bad as Shenmue 1 and 2.

just like it should be

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Put those songs into a new Theatrhythm square

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

i'll play some video games instead

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

My approach to music: it often sounds nice

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Stux posted:

if you toggle ublock off and get the warning to disappear you can turn it back on and they dont notice lol

I just blocked the warning

edit: oh I missed there was one blocking uploads, gently caress that

Andrast fucked around with this message at 17:55 on Sep 10, 2020

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

Which ones snail

Just get the newest one, it has the best mechanics

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

There's no grinding at all in the (pretty lengthy) main story of modern disgaeas. It mostly plays like a normal srpg.

The grinding is all in the postgame where the whole game becomes about figuring out optimized ways to abuse mechanics to exponentially increase the power of your units in various ways.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

homeless snail posted:

the secret of disgaea and becoming a transcendental NIS gamer, is when you realize that the strategy part of disgaea is not the game, but merely a visualization projected on top of the actual game, which are the spreadsheets. its like diablo where no one actually enjoys the act of playing diablo, but the game is a necessary evil to prove exactly how sick the weapon that just dropped is

thats mostly post game disgaea, of course

Exactly!

it's great

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

wow looked fine when it releasd

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Getting lost as hell in Hollow Knight is very much intended. Other metroidvanias don't really do that to you.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Stux posted:

its the wrong ram. they didi it again.

I appreciate microsoft's commitment to the bit

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

al-azad posted:

Oh Demon's Souls coming to PC *gently puts PS5 in garbage can*

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Harrow posted:

Also we are now officially entering the era of $70 games

https://twitter.com/Nibellion/status/1306343042547355648?s=20

80€ for a game is a lot

even less of a reason for me to get a console

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Viewtiful Jew posted:

The price increase is easier to handle if you don't buy games at launch and they hopefully still drop in price as quickly as games not made by Nintendo have been doing this gen.

That 80 will drop to a forty/thirty in no time if you can wait it out. You just gotta beat all that FOMO.

I could waste all that money on a 3080 instead!

that's a sensible thing to do, right?

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Stux posted:

im waiting for the real announcement: ryzen 4000 and the lower end 3000 series rtx cards like a 3060

I absolutely need that 3080 to play Kenshi and crusader kings 3 though

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Stux posted:

yea unironcally though bcos kenshi does have performance hiccups on my current pc somehow. ck3 smooth as butter tho i need more power for eu4 instead

Yeah Kenshi can get pretty performance hungry when you turn up the view distances

I think that might be more on the processor though

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

I'm still not buying a console for demon's.

I guess the PS5 will have some stuff in like 2023 or something that makes it worth a buy for me

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

lets hang out posted:

just lol if you aren't forking over like 5 or 6 hundred dollars for the pleasure of getting scraping speared

I can do that a few years later so that the scraping spearers are already optimized and waiting for me

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Lurdiak posted:

Big same. I've been playing FF14 and it's, you know, fine I guess as an mmo that's not WoW, but overall I've just not been able to get excited about a Final Fantasy since X came out. I just do not give a flying gently caress about photorealistic pretty boys and their angst, I want a game about cartoony people who ride big birds around. And I'm not against action RPGs in general but it's really not what I want from Final Fantasy. But whatever people love these awful new games and they make millions so who cares what I think.

I'm still mad about how Titus only has one pant leg.

Tidus isn't even angsty

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

I said come in! posted:

So far the judge residing over the case between Apple vs. Epic, has sided with Apple in every single argument the two companies have made.

isn't it just the injunction stuff so far

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

You don't need an actual monopoly to be hit by antitrust laws

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

The good thing about this lawsuit is that a lovely garbage company is going to lose

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

cheetah7071 posted:

globalize steam

gamers of the world unite

you have nothing to lose but your frames

I need those frames though

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

oatmeal is good

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

I'd be really happy if my workplace started offering free oatmeal

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

wild

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

I don't think Todd Howard has a say in the matter anyway

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

The 7th Guest posted:

spiders' time to shine

Piranhabytes :getin:

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Stux posted:

this is ia good move for xbox but lucky for me all wrpg are garbage and obsidian and bethesda make bad games

Kenshi :colbert:

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Stux posted:

rts-rpg hybrid ;)

that's just cheating

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Stux posted:

check da steam page