Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!
I could probably handle all the camera cuts or the erractic movement on their own, but together it's just nauseating.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the_Vandal
Feb 7, 2004

You make me wanna cry
You make me wanna die
I love you, I love you, I love you,
I love you, I love you
Night Man

Golden Bee posted:

I don’t know who that is but I assume an Irish version of Satan?

Haha, no, I was calling McDevit the McDevil. McDevit is their lawyer that gets them out of all the awful poo poo they do isn't he?

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!

Julio Cruz posted:

nothing says "babyface" like getting your family involved in a 4-on-1 beatdown with weapons

I mean, Buddy is being used as a Seth proxy to keep Seth strong, but they did absolutely wreck Dom with canes and rip out Rey's eye.

In unrelated news, Drew showing up in an ambulance at the start of the show makes no sense. That spot (which is usually dumb anyway) happens later in a show after a guy has been stretchered out and taken away in it. Even if it's probably to set up an awful ambulance match, just showing up in one is weird as hell.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

DeepDickPizza posted:

I mean, Buddy is being used as a Seth proxy to keep Seth strong, but they did absolutely wreck Dom with canes and rip out Rey's eye.

In unrelated news, Drew showing up in an ambulance at the start of the show makes no sense. That spot (which is usually dumb anyway) happens later in a show after a guy has been stretchered out and taken away in it. Even if it's probably to set up an awful ambulance match, just showing up in one is weird as hell.

Braun once showed up to Raw in the back of a garbage truck days after being thrown in a totally different garbage truck at the pay per view.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

the_Vandal posted:

Haha, no, I was calling McDevit the McDevil. McDevit is their lawyer that gets them out of all the awful poo poo they do isn't he?

Yeah it's McDevitt and during the steroid trial also Laura Brevetti.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

I like how the retribution group complains about stuff that are real complaints by the talent but of course WWE needs to twist it into a painfully uncool angle instead of addressing and fixing it backstage for real

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I just like how the guys write about everything and mirroring people who oppose fascism and racism are the heels. I hope Lacey Evans and Gunner feud with them.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Astro7x posted:

I'm sure this feud will continue.

Also... 30 camera cuts in the last 30 seconds.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nYEstrnYwa8&t=264s

Someone edit it to be this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W4tVH7BPb-Q&t=79s

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Orange Carlisle posted:

I like how the retribution group complains about stuff that are real complaints by the talent but of course WWE needs to twist it into a painfully uncool angle instead of addressing and fixing it backstage for real
WWE have been making heels the most reasonable people in the company for years and treating them like they're the bad people. CM Punk was supposed to be a heel after the Pipebomb promo, but the fans refused to treat him like one.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

wow, dominik's pretty good

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

How can you tell whats good and what isn't through a million camera cuts

Modrasone
Jul 27, 2008

HE WANTS THIS AND SO SHOULD YOU!
Smackdown was pretty decent

Max Coveri
Dec 23, 2015

by Athanatos

RealFoxy posted:

CM Punk was supposed to be a heel after the Pipebomb promo, but the fans refused to treat him like one.

Please boo this man who says we need to give you a better product, better matches and more entertaining people. (pedigrees him)

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!

This would be hilarious, but also I imagine that aside from just outright placing that song over it, it has to be downright impossible to edit footage like that into anything. There's a cut every second. Just obscene.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Max Coveri posted:

Please boo this man who says we need to give you a better product, better matches and more entertaining people. (pedigrees him)

I wonder if the (warped) logic in Vince's mind was that it was gonna be like the Jericho debut promo where the stuff Jericho was saying was obviously wrong and applied more to WCW than WWF: falling ratings, top stars nobody cared about, bored crowds etc. Except in this case, everything Punk was saying was absolutely true and applied directly to WWE and Vince.

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP
The pipebomb promo set up Vince as the heel with Cena and Punk being two different types of babyfaces.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Strawberry Panda posted:

The pipebomb promo set up Vince as the heel with Cena and Punk being two different types of babyfaces.

Punk was bitching about the audience during the pipebomb, it was supposed to be a heel promo. The voice of the voiceless stuff came later because the pipebomb made him a huge babyface.

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP

MJeff posted:

Punk was bitching about the audience during the pipebomb, it was supposed to be a heel promo. The voice of the voiceless stuff came later because the pipebomb made him a huge babyface.

Then I think Jerusalem's theory is the right one!

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Strawberry Panda posted:

Punk screwed over Cena (Babyface) and let R-Truth (A heel) to win right before that promo.

Run down Cena, Hogan, and The Rock (A heel thing)
Gripe about how "management held him down", talks poo poo about USA Network, and talk about Lesner in a positive light before Lesner returned (A heel thing)
Brag about being the best (A heel thing)
Talks about how much he hates the hypocritical fans buying WWE products and asking him for autographs (A heel thing)
Brings up rival promotions on where he'll take the title (A heel thing)

If anything, it was supposed to be a heel turn while painting "smarks" as also heels to the WWE because Vince truly hated the idea of smarks and indie darlings, and thought that threatening to go to ROH or NJPW would upset the fans.

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.
That wasn't a turn, Punk was already a heel when he did that promo, I think he was just staying in character while also saying what he really felt. But a charismatic guy speaking his mind and airing his grievances with a terrible company is, 99 times out of 100, going to make someone a babyface.

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

Vince seems to have a weird 5 year itch for someone cutting a 'shoot promo' about how bad he and WWE are:

2001 - Paul Heyman
2006 - Joey Styles
2011 - CM Punk

Who was 2016? I'd totally checked out of the product by that point.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

NXT 9/8 Results
  • Detailed Results here.
  • Finn Balor defeated Adam Cole in a singles match to win the vacant NXT Championship.
  • Balor was congratulated backstage by William Regal, Triple H and even Adam Cole, who agreed that the better man won.
  • Io Shirai and Shotzi Blackheart beat up Aaliyah and Robert Stone after they hosed up an ambush on Shotzi.
  • Tegan Nox went to Candice LeRae and Johnny Gargano's house for an awkward dinner.
  • Timothy Thatcher reviewed footage of Damian Priest while talking poo poo about him.
  • Velveteen Dream - who tried to groom a minor in real life - defeated Ashanti Thee Adonis in a singles match. KUSHIDA jumped Dream and beat his rear end postmatch. Hell yeah KUSHIDA.
  • Breezango defend their tag titles in a rematch with Imperium next week.
  • Bronson Reed defeated Austin Theory - another wrestler accused of grooming a minor - in a singles match.
  • Roderick Strong defeated Killian Dain in a singles match, thanks to assistance by Bobby Fish.
  • Drake Maverick assaulted Strong and Fish postmatch with a bat but got overwhelmed. Dain chased them off then beat up Maverick again.
  • The Gargano dinner ended up in a foodfight and a broken television.
  • Rhea Ripley defeated Mercedes Martinez in a steel cage match (designed to prevent interference by Robert Stone) despite interference by Robert Stone.
  • Show Discussion here.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

blunt posted:

Vince seems to have a weird 5 year itch for someone cutting a 'shoot promo' about how bad he and WWE are:

2001 - Paul Heyman
2006 - Joey Styles
2011 - CM Punk

I think the two closest examples after was Daniel Bryan in 2014, who didn't actually cut a shoot promo but was so over fans hijacked the show and forced him into the WM main event, and after that Becky in 2018 by proxy of Nia Jax shoot injuring her and becoming so over the WWE had no control over the product again, but tried to tie the "shoot" aspect in by having Becky cut worked-shoot promos and angles on Flair and Ronda

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

Jerusalem posted:

• Drake Maverick assaulted Strong and Fish postmatch with a bat but got overwhelmed. Dain chased them off then beat up Maverick again.

drake maverick wept openly on television and basically begged for his job back for this

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Jerusalem posted:

[*] Drake Maverick assaulted Strong and Fish postmatch with a bat but got overwhelmed. Dain chased them off then beat up Maverick again.

Totally worth coming back for less money to the company that had no problem embarrassing him even before firing him in the middle of a plague

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

blunt posted:

2001 - Paul Heyman
2006 - Joey Styles
2011 - CM Punk

Miz cutting a promo about how it's bullshit that GM Daniel Bryan constantly kept him off Smackdown for being "a coward" despite how much hard work and passion he put in making the Intercontinental Championship relevant while never getting injured.

Then again, Vince had no part in that promo and was more annoyed that it was setting up a Daniel Bryan match that at the time didn't seem probable.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Just remembered Steve Austin in 20 seconds generating enormous excitement and buzz for a Texas Streetfight with Brock Lesnar at Wrestlemania, and Vince losing his mind because not only was it far more exciting than anything he had scheduled for that year (I think it was ANOTHER Roman coronation?) but Austin cut the promo without considering the fact people would actually legit think it was going to happen and get mad when they realized it wouldn't.

Then a while later, the late Dean Ambrose was on the show clearly feeling very uncomfortable about being there and only livened up when he got to cut a promo challenging Austin to a fight, and Austin just no-sold the promo and moved on probably out of concern about pissing Vince off again, and Ambrose (:rip:) just shut down and got disinterested again.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

blunt posted:

2001 - Paul Heyman
2006 - Joey Styles
2011 - CM Punk

2016: Shane McMahon returns, says the product sucks rear end, but he’s going to save it because he has some sort of evidence in a lockbox to blackmail Vince so Shane can take over and Vince says okay but Shane has to beat Undertaker and then Shane loses but is made GM of RAW anyway. And the product continues to suck rear end.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Gavok posted:

Miz cutting a promo about how it's bullshit that GM Daniel Bryan constantly kept him off Smackdown for being "a coward" despite how much hard work and passion he put in making the Intercontinental Championship relevant while never getting injured.

Then again, Vince had no part in that promo and was more annoyed that it was setting up a Daniel Bryan match that at the time didn't seem probable.

Are you talking about the really cool Talking Smack promo?

Coz I read that promo as Daniel Bryan saying "WWE style is soft and weak, unlike the indies where I cut my teeth", and Miz going "Nuh uh. Any fool can do hardcore matches, whereas I bust my arse day in and day out on the grind. Therefore making me, a WWE guy, tougher than you."

Which if WWE had any sense would have set up an awesome match where Bryan would have kicked Miz's head clean off seven ways to sunday, and there would have been a month of increasingly awesome promos between the two of them.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Actually it would have made more sense for miz, a wwe guy, to easily beat that Indy geek Daniel Bryan like a piece of poo poo. Welcome to the big leagues kid!

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

It was a work where Miz and Brian cut shoot promos on how different they were and kayfabe hated each other. It lead to nothing because Brian couldn't wrestle at the time and Vince didn't give a poo poo about what happened on side-shows so the ultimate blowoff we got was face Miz vs heel Danial Brian

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
WWE basically just started doing shoot style grievance promos every year, Punk got that horrible ice cream bar "let's make WWE fun again" promo, the Shane promo that was mentioned, the AJ Lee promo, the freaking McMahons saying the product was poo poo and the fans were the new Authority, I bet Owens got one too.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Neodoomium posted:

WWE is so addicted to swerves and turns and betrayals and such that all it accomplishes is that it makes their environment look completely dysfunctional.

AEW by comparison is a wrestling league with standings for titles and many matches that are simply competitive for its own sake. There are personal feuds and sometimes people turn on their allies but it's done rarely enough to shock.

Nothing in WWE shocks because they do it all the loving time, in back to back segments, and often just loving forget what they did last week.

The greatest indictment of WWE creative I can give is that they do not know how to book 'two wrestlers want to wrestle to see who wins'.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

https://streamable.com/dy0qjw AJ on COVID, streaming, ETC. he doesn't seem very genuine here, but maybe that's just the usual empty look in his eyes he's always had. I mean the dude believes flat earth.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

RealFoxy posted:

It was a work where Miz and Brian cut shoot promos on how different they were and kayfabe hated each other. It lead to nothing because Brian couldn't wrestle at the time and Vince didn't give a poo poo about what happened on side-shows so the ultimate blowoff we got was face Miz vs heel Danial Brian

So Miz and Bryan have real life beef?

That sucks. I know they are very different people, but I wanted to think they were friends.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
That Miz Talking Smack promo is super fuckin' overrated and Miz is a piece of poo poo for "shooting" on Bryan about not quitting when Bryan was constantly trying to quit and WWE wouldn't let him.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

oldpainless posted:

Actually it would have made more sense for miz, a wwe guy, to easily beat that Indy geek Daniel Bryan like a piece of poo poo. Welcome to the big leagues kid!

Miz should have worked that hypothetical match like Great Kahli, lumbering around the ring, ignoring any and all offense by Bryan and ending the match with a chop to the head.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

The Miz's match with Bray was the epitome of what Bryan was talking about it the Talking Smack promo. I'm still pissed about the Miz being in a "you hosed with my family" feud and starting the match throwing the lightest, softest looking offense ever.

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage
Watch me try to laugh this title off like the dickbag I am.

I also hang out with racists.

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

look at this dude

actual-size Adam Cole sold separately

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

MJeff posted:

That Miz Talking Smack promo is super fuckin' overrated and Miz is a piece of poo poo for "shooting" on Bryan about not quitting when Bryan was constantly trying to quit and WWE wouldn't let him.

loving this. Miz came off like a bitter prick looking for any low blow to make him feel better about being a poo poo worker.