Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Vince's people told Renee to not approach Vince again without make up on after she did once.

I know we all agree on this but please just let me scream it because I am so tired.

VINCE IS A FUCKIN BASTARD

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

He has so much in common with the president!!!

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

ARMBAR A COP posted:

He has so much in common with the president!!!

I hope hell is real for both of them because only the good die young and these two demons are going to live to be 100

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

Yeah :(

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Eat My Fuc posted:

I hope hell is real for both of them because only the good die young and these two demons are going to live to be 100
Your fantasies about this are weird.

Vince loving sucks though, wtf, Renee is legit gorgeous.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
Where the Renee makeup thing from?

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Seams posted:

Where the Renee makeup thing from?

https://www.wrestlinginc.com/news/2020/09/renee-young-recalls-weird-first-meeting-with-vince-mcmahon-674898/

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.

Spiderdrake posted:

Your fantasies about this are weird.

no i think that's a pretty reasonable thing to hope about those two sacks of poo poo

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

TriffTshngo posted:

no i think that's a pretty reasonable thing to hope about those two sacks of poo poo
Oh, I'd hope they burn too, but EMF has repeatedly posted about only the good dying young / bad people never die young and it has started to swing toward weird delusions

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Spiderdrake posted:

Oh, I'd hope they burn too, but EMF has repeatedly posted about only the good dying young / bad people never die young and it has started to swing toward weird delusions

He's not wrong.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Stuff about good people dying young is a weird derail and not worth pursuing, so don't.

Anyway, I think every member of the roster should stop wearing make-up for at least a week so they're told to stay away from Vince, and then they don't ever have to be anywhere near Vince. It's win-win!

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

Okay... Keep your head, Steve boy...

Pylons posted:

https://twitter.com/KingRicochet/status/1306701394095861760

He'd probably say the same thing either way, to be fair.

The jobbers see themselves not as buried Main Eventers but as temporarily embarrassed champions.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Erebus posted:

The jobbers see themselves not as buried Main Eventers but as temporarily embarrassed champions.

:nice:

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Erebus posted:

it's funny because it's true

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Jerusalem posted:

But Roman and Jey won the match cleanly and dominantly. Why is there a rematch? :confused:

Because they saw that AEW had the best street fight in years and WWE are chronically unable to come up with good ideas of their own so they just ineptly ape the competition?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

But... but that would indicate that they are shook, and they keep saying they're not which itself is surely a sign of how not shook they are!

DogsInSpace!
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

Jerusalem posted:

But... but that would indicate that they are shook, and they keep saying they're not which itself is surely a sign of how not shook they are!

I feel like it is time to post that “I am not owned” meme.

Still hoping Ric is playing the long con as otherwise it’s so bloody depressing.

Yet more proof that all of WWE is just for an audience of one guy. He inherited his fathers toys and is now approaching Monty Burns levels of super villainy

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Not to defend Vince, or his insanity, but from that article it is a tiny bit less sexist than I thought.

I initially thought it was "I'm Vince McMahon dammnit! You, a woman, will only be seen by me when you have made yourself attractive in a way I deem fit.". And whilst there may be an element of that, it was more "This is the WWE dammnit! We do things in a special way where you will get less than no time to prepare for going on live national television, and we won't tell you about this until 3 seconds before air time. Also we won't train you or help you". Which is still a hosed up way to treat your employees/talent/performers.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
It’s fitting that WWE manages to combine all the absolute worst elements of working for a small business with the worst elements of working for a large corporation.

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

this is the same guy who makes everyone dress up in suits and dresses to go to the arena even though if their character would never wear a suit

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Vince keeps on trying to give Ricochet title matches but he keeps turning him down, saying he'll earn it.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Smoking Crow posted:

this is the same guy who makes everyone dress up in suits and dresses to go to the arena even though if their character would never wear a suit

Meanwhile, the NBA moved on from their racist implementation of the same policy years ago and now get a ton of engagement on pre-game drip arrival photos on social.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
Why are all WWE themes horrible now that they got rid of CFO$?

This just showed up on my YouTube Feed
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SU5jvRmjOvQ

Everything sounds like an action movie score. It takes 15 seconds to get into the song. And then goes into 4 different musical phrases before repeating. What is the hook of the song? What is the recognizable part that you hear and instantly know who it is that is coming out? Why are these themes so horrible? You're 45 second in and you've heard 5 different melodies

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Astro7x posted:

Everything sounds like an action movie score. It takes 15 seconds to get into the song. And then goes into 4 different musical phrases before repeating. What is the hook of the song? What is the recognizable part that you hear and instantly know who it is that is coming out? Why are these themes so horrible? You're 45 second in and you've heard 5 different melodies

god drat you werent kidding thats a mess. its just so many riffs tossed on top of each other it becomes meaningless

arbybaconator
Dec 18, 2007

All hat and no cattle

WWE Battlegrounds is out today. Anyone buy it? Is it bad?

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Astro7x posted:

This sucks. I always get a kick out of the standard 15 second leadup before the song actually starts to allow the talent time to get in position and get ready to do the thing with their hands that they're supposed to do when the music cue hits. It's like every one of these new songs of theirs I hear that sound exactly like this.

arbybaconator posted:

Early reviews on Steam are "mixed" but there's only ~40 of them right now. Common complaints seem to be a good amount of microtransactions in an already too expensive game for what you're getting out of it. Not much depth as far as wrestler customization goes or anything like that. Sounds like it at least plays without crashing which is a one-up from the 2K series

explosivo fucked around with this message at 17:19 on Sep 18, 2020

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

I find that art style disgusting but the game looks fun enough to pay $20 for a deluxe edition in a few months.

Do not even ask
Apr 8, 2008

arbybaconator posted:

From what I've saw from NL's stream it's super rough and unpolished, but there's a nugget of a decent game system there.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

Astro7x posted:

because the guy the got to replace him is a mid 40s record exec, who got into the business because of his father, that goes by the name def rebel

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
it's basically a free-to-play mobile brawler where they improved the graphics a bit so they could charge $40 for it

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

because the guy the got to replace him is a mid 40s record exec, who got into the business because of his father, that goes by the name def rebel

So the Vince and Trump definition of a self-made man.

Def rebel sounds like he listened to exclusively Sublime when he was in college and just never let it go.

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.

Eat My Fuc posted:

Yea see Sopranos, Breaking Bad, The Joker, basically western men in their 30s are dumb as poo poo.

Yeah I loved those shows but I stopped talking about them with people I don't know well years ago because there's a 90% chance I'll end up suppressing a huge groan.

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.

Astro7x posted:

kushida's NJPW theme was like super middle tier for me in that company but holy poo poo i'll take a WCW-rear end knockoff of the BTTF theme any day over this trite

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

its like a street fighter 5 theme lmao

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

It's being reported that Melina is returning to WWE

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

How does a struggling indie with no money like the WWE sign this 41 year old woman who is a can’t miss prospect!?

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Ugh. She's totally stealing Snooki's spot on the roster.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

ICR posted:

How does a struggling indie with no money like the WWE sign this 41 year old woman who is a can’t miss prospect!?

"Whatever money we spend on Melina is money AEW won't be able to make from having her on the roster! It's win-win!"

*throws some more hundreds on the fire to keep warm in August*

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

the war against NWA starts now, i guess

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Davros1 posted:

It's being reported that Melina is returning to WWE

Wait, the woman Beth Phoenix tied into pretzels? But Beth Phoenix isn't even there anymore!