Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Strawberry Panda posted:

I read a recap that said Retribution signed WWE contracts. Did they say that on the show? Cause that'd be hilarious.

Yes, and apparently the fact they signed contracts means they're now free to do whatever they want to whoever they want.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=no0qB8CVspY

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP

Jerusalem posted:

Yes, and apparently the fact they signed contracts means they're now free to do whatever they want to whoever they want.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=no0qB8CVspY

Love that in storyline WWE caved.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Retribution had like 15 people in it when it debuted right?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Strawberry Panda posted:

Love that in storyline WWE caved.
Turns out getting together in a cohesive group of some sort that bargains on some form of collective basis has benefits? :thunk:

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

oldpainless posted:

Retribution had like 15 people in it when it debuted right?

Well the three guys left are named Slapjack, T-Bar and Mace so it’s probably for the best that it’s been reduced

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

sportsgenius86 posted:

Well the three guys left are named Slapjack

I didn’t know Stevie ray could still go

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Chris James 2 posted:

There's a PPV Sunday

Street Profits (Angelo Dawkins and Montez Ford) defend the Raw tag titles against the winners of a triple threat tonight; Seth Rollins and Murphy, or Andrade and Angel Garza, or Humberto Carrillo and Dominic
Cesaro and Shinsuke Nakamura defend the SD tag titles against Lucha House Party (Kalisto and/or Gran Metalik and/or Lince Dorado)
Nia Jax and Shayna Baszler defend the women's tag titles against Riott Squad (Ruby Riott and Liv Morgan)
Bayley defends the SD women's title against Nikki Cross
Jeff Hardy and Sami Zayn defend the IC title in a triple threat ladder match also featuring AJ Styles; winner is the real IC champ
Drew McIntyre defends the WWE title against Randy Orton in an Ambulance match
Roman Reigns (with Paul Heyman) defends the Universal title against Jey Uso

Additions to the card from Raw:

Street Profits defending the Raw tag titles against Andrade and Angel Garza
Lashley defends the US title against Apollo Crews
Asuka defends the Raw women's title against Zelina Vega in the preshow
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clash_of_Champions_(2020)

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UOxkGD8qRB4

A N A R C H Y

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

sportsgenius86 posted:

Well the three guys left are named Slapjack, T-Bar and Mace so it’s probably for the best that it’s been reduced

If these names are real and the thread title isn't changed to "WWE Discussion is Slapjack, T-Bar and Mace" I am boycotting WWE for a year.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

MassRafTer posted:

If these names are real and the thread title isn't changed to "WWE Discussion is Slapjack, T-Bar and Mace" I am boycotting WWE for a year.

Lol of course it’s real, could anyone make up something that dumb?

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

quote:

Dijakovic is T-Bar, Shane Thorne is Slapjack, and Dio Madden is Mace

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Raw Results 9/21:
  • Detailed Results here.
  • Five members of Retribution arrived, apparently they have Raw contracts now which means they can do whatever they want to whoever they want. They were wearing masks which made it entirely clear who they were.
  • Hurt Business came out and Retribution ran away, then came back with reinforcements and beat up Hurt Business.
  • Jerry Lawler was back on commentary.
  • Recently broken up tag team Andrade & Angel Garza defeated other recently broken up tag team Rollins & Murphy and newly formed tag team Dominik Mysterio & Humberto Carrillo to earn a tag team titleshot.
  • Retribution (who have signed contracts to get money from WWE) backstage continued to mock wrestlers who took money from WWE.
  • Braun Strowman and Dabba-Kato faced off on The KO Show, whose guest was Shane McMahon. Aleister Black, whose eye is hurt again this week, assaulted Kevin Owens' dick.
  • WWE Champion Drew McIntyre did a promo about how he would beat Keith Lee tonight.
  • Keith Lee vs WWE Champion Drew McIntyre in a non-title match ended by DQ when Randy Orton attacked McIntyre just before he was about to win.
  • Asuka mocked Peyton Royce and Billie Kay who both showed up backstage to challenge her to a match tonight.
  • Zelina Vega defeated Mickie James - who still wants another title shot - in less than 5 minutes. Clean.
  • Hurt Business beat up some Retribution extras backstage.
  • R-Truth ran away from a shark at the beach. Akira Tozawa was maybe eaten by the shark?
  • Apollo Crews defeated Cedric Alexander in a singles match. Hurt Business beat up Crews and Ricochet postmatch.
  • Dolph Ziggler beat Arturo Ruas on Raw Underground. Braun Strowman threatened to beat everyone up.
  • Seth Rollins did a bizarre segment where he claimed Rey Mysterio's daughter wasn't his daughter, and Mysterio told him to gently caress off (not exact phrasing!).
  • Nia Jax and Shayna Baszler defeated Lana and Nattie in a tag match. They confronted Riott Squad (on guest commentary) postmatch and Lana got put through a table again.
  • Aalyah Mysterio complained to Rey backstage that she is his large adult daughter now and can speak for herself.
  • Riddick Moss defeated Erik from the Viking Raiders on Raw Underground. Shane interviewed Dabba-Kato.
  • Asuka defeated Peyton Royce by DQ in a singles match when Zelina Vega attacked Asuka during the match.
  • Buddy Murphy told Aalyah backstage that he was sorry if he'd done anything to upset her.
  • Braun Strowman beat Dabba-Kato quickly in a Raw Underground match (both guys were gassed in like 20 seconds) and then walked over his unconscious body without a care in the world.
  • Three members of Retribution are named Slapjack, T-Bar and Mace. You think I'm lying, but I'm not. Jerry Lawler literally laughed when he heard the name Slapjack.
  • Retribution vs. Hurt Business ended in a DQ when... a member of the Retribution team broke up a submission attempt by Bobby Lashley?
  • The Raw locker room emptied out to fight off the Retribution extras who had jumped Hurt Business postmatch. Randy Orton hit Drew McIntyre with an RKO to end the show.
  • GDT Discussion here.

Jerusalem fucked around with this message at 04:18 on Sep 22, 2020

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JC4C_Gcp_dM

you can’t tell me this didn’t happen word for word backstage except with t-bar instead of t-bone

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
The lineal custody of Dominick is finally coming into play

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

sportsgenius86 posted:

Lol of course it’s real, could anyone make up something that dumb?

Before I saw your post I also saw a tweet with these names and have subsequently seen an official WWE tweet with the name "T-Bar" in it, my brain can hear Vinny V saying "T-Bar" but I'm still not positive it's real.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Gotta love when your big insurgent group debuts officially with the announcement that they’ve signed contracts with the company, their names are Slapjack, T-Bar and Mace and they lose their debut by DQ on a routine tag match spot.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
i never watched TNA during the aces and 8s era but that was better than this right

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Seams posted:

i never watched TNA during the aces and 8s era but that was better than this right

Honestly, no

E: I mean, this is terrible but not Wes Brisco and Garrett Bischoff terrible

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 23 days!
If only Jeff Jarrett had been in Retribution, we could have had a wrestler officially named Slapnuts

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?

Seams posted:

At least Aces and 8s didn't look like complete geeks in their first match. There was also a segment where the entire face roster came down to fight them and A&8s just beat them all up, which was pretty hilarious.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
I have renamed my fantasy football team "Mace-TBar-Slapjack" because it is terrible and will lose a lot.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Retribution member Shane "Slapjack" Thorne was in the ropes during the submission.

as far as i can tell even the Retribution extras are signed to wwe too since they can do whatever.

also J-ru you said Keith Lee won by DQ when it was Drew that got hit with the chair first

Roman Reigns
Aug 23, 2007

Jerusalem posted:

Raw Results 9/21:
[list]
[*] Detailed Results here.

lol

No really what happened on Raw tonight

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

I want to see the Hurt Business + Joe Biden square off against Slapjac, T-Bar, Mace, and Cornpop at survivor series

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

unfortunately cornpop is dead

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?

KungFu Grip posted:

Retribution member Shane "Slapjack" Thorne was in the ropes during the submission.

as far as i can tell even the Retribution extras are signed to wwe too since they can do whatever.

also J-ru you said Keith Lee won by DQ when it was Drew that got hit with the chair first

Ahh, so that's why they had to fire all those people a while back, because they had to make room for the army of extras.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Seams posted:

The stupidest name any of them had was Knux (which at least was close to the real guy's regular wrestling name, Mike Knox), they didn't have lovely masks, their stupidest moments were at least actually funny (Tazz asking if it was hot in here and taking off his coat to reveal the jacket), and they won their first official match (on a PPV too!)

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
What if we did The Nexus but even lamer and less effective

MasterSitsu
Nov 23, 2013

RETRIBUTION

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Chris James 2 posted:

The stupidest name any of them had was Knux (which at least was close to the real guy's regular wrestling name, Mike Knox), they didn't have lovely masks, their stupidest moments were at least actually funny (Tazz asking if it was hot in here and taking off his coat to reveal the jacket), and they won their first official match (on a PPV too!)

Deez knux

Got em

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

KungFu Grip posted:

Sorry, I went off the F4W results and they listed Keith Lee as winning the match even though their own write-up says that Orton attacked Drew, and didn't click the two didn't match up.. Will correct it now.

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

can't wait until t-bar becomes just bar and feuds with booker over the use of the letter T

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Chris James 2 posted:

lmao im dyin at them being like "we signed contracts we can do what we want(??)" and the first thing they do is a regular tag match that night. ok.

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon
tippy toe

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Vince is getting the last laugh both in kayfabe and out because he made these people go by the names Slapjack, T-Bar, and Mace

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison
there was a lot of bad on that show but i cant express how much the seth/rey paternity test segment was absolute loving death

kitten emergency fucked around with this message at 04:30 on Sep 22, 2020

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

it’s a pity wwe isn’t circling the drain because I need this year covered in B&V’s death of wwe rewatch/recap

sonicice
Oct 21, 2000

Michael J Beverage, I've got a bone to pick with you.
slapjack

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Slapjack is child's card game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

Slapjack