Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

Maybe its just because I tapped out on NXT during her Reign of Terror, but Shayna really seems awesome and its loving shameful how WWE has cut her knees out at every opportunity since she got called up. Look dominate in the Rumble and make it all the way to #2, lose to Charlotte. Look INCREDIBLY dominant in the Chamber, job out to Becky. And I'll bet you good money she's about to drop those Tag Belts to the Riott Squad right after being made to look insanely dominant in winning them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

Cruiser WAIT brother

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

Rarity posted:

He even sent the Mountie to jail where he was locked away and mistreated and mocked by the people in charge of him. Ali had a similar experience on 205 Live.

That "Nailz was the babyface all along," theory certainly proved sound in the end.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

Rarity posted:

Steph was on a podcast

Well, that aged poorly.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

Locusts of Contempt sounds like a line from a Darkseid monologue that would be endlessly quoted by Comic Book Fans 20 years later to show their bonafides to other nerds

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

Also I wish Dominic would switch to using Prince Mysterio, but I'm guessing WWE will never do that because Rey owns the trademark on that.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

Jerusalem posted:

Also after they cut that promo, after a commercial break Cole recounted exactly what they'd just said then added,"It'll be interesting to see what they do next!"

"This outsider group just threatened to devour us alive, this should be mildly intriguing!"

Remember when the Nexus destroyed the arena and ran roughshod over the entire company for weeks and Cole was like "Gee, these Nexus guys sure are interesting. Their next moves should make for compelling television."

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

The Miz/Bryan comeback matches were actually pretty good I thought. It just didn't end on the obvious note of catharsis where Bryan, you know, won, because WWE decided he needed to turn heel because they're idiots.

I also think its worth keeping in mind that two months after Miz cut that promo about how Bryan was showing him nothing but disrespect for all the hard work he'd done to revitalize the IC title by making GBS threads on his wrestling style, he went on to have possibly the best IC title feud and the first IC title match worthy of main eventing a Pay Per View since Shawn vs Razor, and the single best match of his career... vs Dolph Ziggler.

In other words, Miz was 100% correct.

Andrast posted:

bring back the hemp belt

In my heart I know the New Day smoked that belt.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

BrigadierSensible posted:

And I am aware that MJF does pretty much everything the Miz does, but better. Still I will cling to my bad opinions and I do have a great deal of affection for The Miz.

The fact that Rick Rude was better than the Honky Tonk Man in every way did not mean the Honky Tonk Man was not valuable to the business.

(this isn't a perfect analogy since Honky is a piece of poo poo, but you get my point)

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

Rarity posted:

I think in this analogy that means the Ultimate Warrior is Dolph Ziggler?

By the criteria of "beloved at one point but objectively disappointing in pretty much every way when considered critically," I would say yes.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

Wait, Alexa is using Bray's moves and Jey Uso is #1 Contender?

I feel like I missed an episode recap somewhere.

Also, Bray's new puppet is just a Heyman parody? That's pretty weak.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

So, do you think the fact that Mix openly admitted that he was intentionally trying to provoke Otis on national television will matter,in this lawsuit?

I suspect no.

How about the fact that "vacating," the contract would not mean that Miz gets it?

Nah.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

I think Mia and Mercedes actually look half-decent, Mia especially since its not radically off her normal look. She knows how to own it, and the eye sequins are neat.

But holy gently caress, everything else. Those poor boys.

Also... so the gimmick is that they hate WWE for being an evil company, and that accusation is meant to be baseless Because Antifa even though the company's own lore often portrays it as evil. Okay. They also hate the wrestlers (lol at anarchist rebels using the Corporate Approved Terminology) for being greed-driven assholes who only care about making money, and they are going to bring WWE down by destroying all the wrestlers that make the company's money. Also ok. They are also hypocrites because they went out of their way to say its OK for THEM to take WWE's money because they deserve it, and they cover this hypocrisy by claiming that taking the contracts was only a smokescreen to allow them to attack and injure wrestlers freely under WRESTLING LAW rather than having to constantly avoid the cops. All that seems to track decently well.

But they also... mocked the Brass Ring concept, which implies that they were once just like the other wrestlers who wanted to work hard and reach the top of the company? But now they hate the wrestlers who are doing that rather than sympathizing with them or trying to win them over, because they're primarily attacking faces? Are the Hurt Business faces? I thought they were heels. Is this a Heel v Heel feud? Or did Hurt Business turn by opposing Retribution? Is the feud supposed to be because Hurt Business is all about the money? I honestly don't know if that's their gimmick, I couldn't really figure them out from the recaps, they seemed really bland. Like I know that Hurt Business apparently just took it on themselves for no reason to fight Retribution, but surely there should be something more than that under the surface for the sake of a running feud, right?

Should they not hate Company Man pricks like Randy Orton and Ziggler, rather than guys like Drew who is exactly like them in terms of personal narrative? Remember how he was Vince's CHOSEN ONE and flopped so he had to rebuild himself from scratch on the indies and only got to the golden throne of Universal Champion by destroying himself, including a near-career-ending injury in NXT? Wouldn't that be a potentially compelling conflict? Or is that also part of their hypocrisy, that they only hate people who reflect their own sins of "Trying Hard For The Sake Of An Evil Corporation" but aren't "woke," enough to see that they've been exploited. I guess that would make sense, but they talked like their intent is to target EVERYONE regardless to bring WWE down because that's the real goal... despite also making it clear from their verbiage that their disgust for the other wrestlers is pretty personal?

This poo poo is such nonsense.

(Also, lol that WWE put the BLM Protestors up against the All Black Guy Stable)

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

JOHN CENA posted:

the names sound like the street thug flunkie villains in an early 90s white dude kung fu flick (seagal or norris) and they all happen to be australian for some reason

Streets of Rage enemies

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

Grendels Dad posted:

I'm feeling conflicted about Ali. On the one hand he is an amazing wrestler and I appreciate that he is not a whiny rear end in a top hat on Twitter, at least not the kind that blames the fans for his or WWE's lack of success.

On the other hand, he is still with WWE. So, uh, yeah. Made your own bed there, buddy.

I feel conflicted about Ali because he was going to get that Kofi push, but Kofi is my loving boy so I dont regret it much.

Also Ali would probably still be on Main Event right now if he had gotten it, lol

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

It makes me angry that Smackdown is full of storylines that are exactly my flavor of wrestling nonsense and every time I see a clip of how they're being executed it just makes me that much more disinterested. People have been talking about Bray Wyatt brainwashing as a potential storyline for YEARS, sometimes even specifically WITH Alexa Bliss! Jay Uso as #1 contender in a storyline which links directly to his family's importance as a wrestling dynasty with an arrogant dickhead heel Roman Reigns MANAGED BY PAUL HEYMAN?! A triple threat ladder match for the IC title with SAMI ZAYN, AJ STYLES AND JEFF HARDY! Even loving Otis being booked as the tough and canny babyface standing up to the evil weasel heel trying to steal away his title shot in order to prove the most unlikely protagonist imaginable is worthy of being World Champion. It shouldn't be POSSIBLE to poo poo the bed this badly with four different great storyline premises at once.

At least Matt Rapist is being Baron Corbined into the ground, so their incompetence as some upside.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

Its like I said a couple days ago, the angles and prospective matches for the Smackdown brand all seemed good, but watching literally any of the actual execution killed my interest in each of them. How can anyone be excited for anything WWE is doing when its such a trashfire every single week on top of everything else theyve done to destroy audience enthusiasm?

Or, as I previously framed it, how is it possible to have this many things I should love and do them ALL badly?

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

I will give credit where credit is due, Roman looked like an absolute psychopath in that clip. Really effective emoting and heelwork from him there. I particularly liked that line to the horrified referee about how he's been beating him like this their whole lives. Both Usos sold their parts really well too. It dragged on too long though, the beat between Roman backing off and demanding Jimmy surrender to enshrine his dominance and Jay begging Jimmy not to throw the towel in particular. With how long that stretched Jimmy really should have tried to rise and fight one last time before Roman fell on him to force the issue.

Also lol Tribal Chief. Forced as gently caress. Way to put a poo poo cherry on your sundae fellas.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

Did anyone else notice how no titles changed hands at The Gold Rush? Unless you count Truth, but he started as Champ, and Jeff losing his Fake Title.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

mAcE?!