Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

Cerebral Bore posted:

His UBI idea was absolute dogshit that would have included abolishing basically every other aspect of the social safety net and as such would have hosed over the poor even more than the current system.

Yup.

That UBI plan was one of the worst thought-out policies I’ve ever seen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

Yeah, uh, Disney is not a company that exactly has the best history of labor relations

There's a reason why nearly no director or star makes any sort of actual long-term business relationship with them, they're literally the ur-example of the "brand over stars" corporate strategy at work.

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

KungFu Grip posted:

It was absolutely over Slim Jims, its the same reason WWE parted ways with Sgt Slaughter the first time when he got the GI Joe deal without Vince getting a cut. This has been a long history of things with WWE. They were like this too when Rock started branching out to do movies where Vince demanded a cut of either Walking Tall or Rundown and wanted billing in the credits

Vince got his credit for The Rundown and Walking Tall, the split in opinion ended up being over Be Cool and Dwayne playing a flamboyant gay character while still acting under The Rock moniker. I believe Vince thought he was ruining his wrestling character by not just playing an Arnie-style badass every role even though the idea Dwayne was going for was obviously to replicate both sides of Arnold’s career (and to not be wrestling ever again after WM20, which he considered a nice “full circle” closure to his career, ending it in the same building it started in), doing both action and comedy. After 2005 I think Dwayne had to outright license the name The Rock from WWE, and once that deal was up in ‘08 he just started going by his real name, except for Fighting With My Family, where he went by Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson again.

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

Luigi Thirty posted:

That’s not Sony, that’s some weird company that will cover consumer electronics in gold and sell them to idiots. Probably a good business imo

It's literally a market of just Saudi princes and other failchildren inheriting natural resource money, it's quite a good market to sell to if you're able to

And unlike WWE, you get paid before you give them the product

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

Ricochet, tunneling a hole behind a Roman Reigns poster in the Amway Center. “He licked boots for three hundred feet... just short of a football field. And came out with tastebuds on the other side.”

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Yep he's huge at the moment

So big they took the “Aerial” out of “The Aerial Assassin” nickname

Its like WWE getting rid of first or last names except it makes sense

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

Dango Bango posted:

Randy's goggles kind of look like those old slideshow thingys I can't remember the name of right now.

Viewmaster?