Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

I was ambivalent towards vtbuers for the most part till I started watching coco and now my entire youtube is full of them its the only thing the algorithm feeds me.

Cao Ni Ma fucked around with this message at 16:09 on Sep 1, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

If Coco does full english stream in twitch she'll pull in more people than xQc

I cant imagine how cancerous her text to speech paid messages would be though

Cao Ni Ma fucked around with this message at 16:18 on Sep 1, 2020

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

If you watch any streamer, even things like GDQ, and watch anime, then the normal evolution would be to watch vtubers. Dont act indignant, get out of that closet.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Marine- I'm 17
Also Marine- How can you not know about digicharat? How can you call yourselves otaku???

I love the subplot that Marine is like a millennial in her 30s while all the other girls are zoomers.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Reclines Obesily posted:

super chats are not shared. part of the cut cover gets is given to the talent as a base salary but its minuscule

the hololive talent are also paid as employees as they work on other projects behind the scenes. they take around 30-40% of the super chats they receive, youtube takes 30% and 20-30% goes to cover. they get larger percentages of sponsorship and merch sales

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3gE6dclneYA&t=53s
(watames reaction to the ad is hilarious)

coco tried to push for hololive to use streamlabs but management knocked her back because....?

Im guessing that google gives an incentive to hololive's management to keep it in their platform since they get a cut of the money. Theres a reason why a good chunk of streamers prefer twitch over youtube in the states despite the easier integration into youtube VODs if you would stream there. And its because most of their profits go directly to them.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Theres no point in using bits anyways unless you want a special badge on the channel since 9/10 people just donate for the text to speech. Twitch figured out that incentivizing people buying subscriptions for other users is more profitable.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

drat, watching random vtubers landed me into a collection of them sneezing somehow and I've learned that its customary to announce when you are about to sneeze.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

:same:

Im feeling the energy in this one

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Captain Cappy posted:

She's been tearing poo poo up in Minecraft for some reason I don't understand.

Earlier in the morning she was stacking a bunch of dynamite and I thought she was going to commemorate a special day

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Honestly the management wouldn't even have to put a dollar on it if they get some of the pre-made machine vendors to send them some for some ad space

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

I think 15 minutes english only stream so far has been a record. The dog is getting better at this

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

She spoke spanish, technically the stream is over

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

She should play disco elysium

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

quote:

Here's a video of Sora knocking her phone down and her model going crazy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RvZOe0CnIHU

I think thats her camera falling sideways. Theres a few cases of it falling forward and it looks like shes headplanting the desk

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Eej posted:

So she gets like $1300 of that? Guess people gotta whale harder

She gets about 2350 of it if the 30/35/35 thing applies to all of them

I doubt HoloEN would get a worse deal than everyone else

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Tabletops posted:

i thought the split was 30% from youtube, then it's 50 for hololive 30 for talent.

anyway calli is up to 20k donations in like 15 minutes lol

No, someone misread the half thing and immediately thought that 50% went to Cover. Google takes 30% and cover takes half of whats left. So 35%/35% split between the girl and the company.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

trucutru posted:

She's just a super Fujo. I learn a lot about very specific words for very specific fetishes from her educational streams.

And holy lol, her azur lane luck truly abandoned her this time. She managed to hit the pity timer for the ultra-rare ship without getting a copy of one of the SSR ones. Ahahahaha. That's 200 rolls and she has to continue.

e: lol, it took her 260 rolls to realize that she can straight-up buy the missing ship. ahahahaha.

e2: Finally got her at 290 rolls and around $250 in gems. Congratulations boomer pirate.

Aqua had pull two of her before Marine even pitied out

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Lulu playing Detroit:Become Human, what is she telling us here?

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Some fan posted a Lulu clip of her detroit: become human run and it was the part were kara fights off the dude. One of the comments in japanese was something like "The college arts student has realized that violence can only be defeated with violence...we are doomed"

Overall it was a very chill run, she always tried to pick the peaceful option. Sad moments when some characters "graduated" though even though it was a happy ending

Cao Ni Ma fucked around with this message at 19:21 on Sep 21, 2020

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Botan should get an adidas RGB outfit to accentuate that she's the only hard core pc gamer of them

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

sinky posted:

Looking forward to all the vtubers getting banned automatically

https://twitter.com/YouTube/status/1308456799230521344?s=20

As long as the girls make a passive aggressive video about the virgin google algorithm we will be better for it

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Honestly the rules should be absolutely not talking about any persona other than the vtubers that way we can avoid the internet detectiving that can veer into creep territory

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

I mean if cover wanted to expand to china then yeah they might seek an apology to try and calm the waters but if they didn't they could just stoke the fires a bit. Sure you lose chinese nationalist willing to bypass the firewall, thus breaking the law, to look at some 3d girls, but inflaming american and japanese nationalist to donate more would probably be easier and more immediately rewarding given both japan and the USs current stances on china.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Waffleman_ posted:

I mean....they have an entire Chinese unit.

How much money do they make vs JP/EN?

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Oh that’s cool, can we start doing a targeted harassment campaign at Covers management and get them suspended for 3 weeks too?

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Oh Snapple! posted:

I don't even know how non-CN viewers would even express "gently caress you" to Cover. Stop having anything to do with the other streamers they enjoy? That's both hosed up and untenable, and it's lovely as hell that only one party in this seems to have leverage.

A boycott will hurt the girls but it’ll hurt management a whole lot more.

But in the streaming world established personalities get massive boosts after taking forced vacations. It’s one of the recurring jokes in the industry.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

I dont think so because Coco is savvy enough that with proper partners she could launch a direct competitor against them. Its not just an exodus of their viewers, but potential talent they could be hiring in the future if they decide to move to a better managed organization.

I think theres a greater risk of her walking out than actually being fired.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Zetsubou-san posted:

thinking about a vtuber's united workers union

Gonna be real sad when its revealed that the vtuber orgs are all just yakuza funded money laundering scheme and a bunch of girls end up with broken kneecaps

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

SpartanIvy posted:

Backseat gamers are the worst. It drives me nuts when they do poo poo like pester her about changing the FOV. She needs a piki piki piimon.

One of the things I dislike about the vtuber culture is that they need to be super nice with chat all the time.

One of the streamers I watch has an iron hand when it comes to managing his chat, he'll call them a bunch of loving idiots, pull people to the side when they are backsiting and make an example of them by permanently banning them. Telling them they have to write an essay on the discord or something if they want to have chat privs again. The chat loves that poo poo and he has like 22 thousand twitch subs.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

They need active moderation to stamp out spammers, its really the only way to take control of a streamers chat.

Some independent twitch streamers PAY their moderators for their jobs, a multimillion dollar company should do the bare minimum.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

motoh posted:

I am so sad this was a one day thing because the lulu crew were so relaxing to listen to while they practised, just such a great team.

Lulu is just one of those streams I can put on on the side while I telework and just chill out. Feels like I'm even more productive with how calming her voice is, and the occasional NORMAL ARTS COLLEGE STUDENT things she pulls out occasionally keeps thing from getting stale.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Oh god I felt like I was going to get an aneurism watching Lulu mario royal, her really slow and passive gameplay style isn't suited for this game. After watching moonmoon yesterday absolutely destroy people back to back while being wasted on scotch watching her just prod around slowly felt painful. But she got better! And in the end she actually won a round!

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Mito and the crew are playing among us

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Reclines Obesily posted:

i think i remember a clip where luna was making fun of subaru for not knowing the kanji used in the game they were playing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=50vlfdoZ8Do

ducks afraid of being exposed

Subaru was the one that couldn't read her bosses name right in the first place so yeah

poor girl never cared about calligraphy apparently.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

The moustache is clearly whats setting off the algorithm

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Honestly if I lived next to korone during one of her shriekathons in the middle of the night I'd consider breaking my lease and moving

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

If thats true and can be backed up with other testimonial from other girls the harasser should be fired and black listed. Toxicity should be left for the games, not for RL.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Welp, that should be firing and a blacklist if this was a properly managed company.

But then again the managers should be putting their foot down that the conduct isn't acceptable long before it went this far.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Tae posted:

Their management isn't the issue, this was just specifically a Roa thing.

If as a manager one of those under me fucks up, then I hosed up. In after action reviews you are expected to identify what went wrong and how to fix it so it doesn’t happen again. In that review you’ll say, hey had I stepped in here here and there this wouldn’t have happened, so now this will be our policy in regards to this.

A better manager wouldn’t have had to wait after the fact to implement these controls. They would have corrected them on the spot before they became issues. It’s easy to say this after the fact, but experienced managers have already seen or at least heard of similar cases and what to do to stop them from escalating.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Like I said initially when this poo poo started, it will all come down to whether they would kowtow to the chinese market or expand harder into the western market and with holoEN it became obvious that expanding into the west was not only more profitable, but also saner for the japanese/western girls psyche. The western audience is probably even tamer than the JP one since we haven't been brokebrained by otaku idol culture.

I dont think they'll go full burning of bridges, pander into nationalism and make it an us vs them thing to drum up even more money because I'm sure there will be plenty of chinese neckbeards that will still vpn into youtube to watch the girls.