Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Reco
Feb 26, 2011

enemy one body to the proximity Zan attack discard the power slap hit.
neko mikuri edits for the channel and they have fun edits

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Reco
Feb 26, 2011

lulu is very powerful

Reco
Feb 26, 2011

it really says a lot to write a whole bunch of words about territories or whatever and then disregard that they overloaded their lovely stolen content with monetization on a service with policies that basically acknowledge the complete opposite viewpoint

Reco
Feb 26, 2011

internet meltdowns generally are hard to parse

Reco
Feb 26, 2011

Lt. Lizard posted:

My "favorite" part about that announcement is that despite having a length of small essay, and constantly saying that what Coco did was heinous, that it hurt many people and that it will have consequences for Hololive as whole, they never once mention what Coco actually did, why it is supposed to be heinous, how and by what are all those people supposed to be hurt and the reason for possible consequences for Hololive. If I had not idea what this particular shitstorm is about, I would assume she ate a baby on stream or something.

if i gave them the benefit of the doubt and assumed there would be some sort of intention, it would probably be hoping to catch unrelated people in the dragnet through sheer osmosis of outrage even if they had no idea what was going on just to try and get one last sick own on coco

but it's probably just general outrage incoherence

Reco
Feb 26, 2011

I guess it would be more plausible if it was like 2007 or whenever it was when nicovideo reigned supreme

Reco
Feb 26, 2011

I wont lie that I haven't been expanding my horizons of content lately out of general concern/disgust towards the state of how things are run in cover but this probably won't be the deathblow for hololive

Reco
Feb 26, 2011

So it's twitter on tv

Reco
Feb 26, 2011

i feel like even though gen 1 and 2 were a thing hololive didn't really do the whole "group" thing much until gen 3

Reco
Feb 26, 2011

people that very closely follow a person or group of people for the purpose of finding dirt to start harassment campaigns. shorthand for anti-fan

Reco
Feb 26, 2011

Kyte posted:

As the others said, it took them a bit to find their stride together. And that's probably why they got the 1-month moratorium. It basically forces them to stick together and learn each other, instead of taking refuge in someone from another group they happened to vibe with.

Also for Kiara at least I feel that pep talk Marine gave her did wonders to her. There was a noticeable increase in confidence after that.

Despite her being kind of a secondary joke-y character of gen 3 after pekora i have an actual ridiculously huge amount of respect for marine. she's done so much poo poo in her life i've wanted to do and persevered in situations i've been stuck in far better than i could have ever hoped for. she's incredible

Reco
Feb 26, 2011

Kanos posted:

If anyone in gen 3 can be said to be the forgotten one, I think it's Flare, who gets almost no translator attention outside of collabs.

Flare is really nice and has a dorky appeal and deserves more exposure frankly

Reco
Feb 26, 2011

an offshoot phrase of an offshoot phrase of a twitch emoticon used to indicate excitement

Reco
Feb 26, 2011

Literally any information disclosed in a public space is potentially dangerous because it can be used by anyone to obtain more detailed information. Yes, even broad strokes poo poo. Vtuber drama has shown multiple times that all it takes a single inch of obtained and disclosed information for poo poo to go a mile long

Reco
Feb 26, 2011

if it made aesthetic sense it wouldn't be quality kanata content

Reco
Feb 26, 2011

pekora solo impostor round made absolutely no sense. how did that win even happen

Reco
Feb 26, 2011

Sometimes i wonder about the conbini horror game and there's no way anyone getting into being a vtuber at this point doesn't know about "BAA!", especially hololive

Feels like it loses a lot of the potential impact (not like the game had a lot to begin with besides the few popscares)

Reco
Feb 26, 2011

I've heard of some cases where it randomly turns on or off

Reco
Feb 26, 2011

Cygames, same as GBF

Reco
Feb 26, 2011

If it's DQ it could be a sugiyama kobo licensing thing because he's a fucker

Reco
Feb 26, 2011

Theres not really anything to get out of speculation on this since it's behind closed doors. Won't stop people though especially for someone with a reputation like mizuryu's

Reco
Feb 26, 2011

Transience is the nature of things, every major content creator I've followed has at some point or another said that they have absolutely no plans on doing what they're doing forever. It's the same as any other job at the end of the day and most folks don't put down their roots in one place forever

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Reco
Feb 26, 2011

That whole bit was great because of the near-constant background bad-coco-impersonation wailing from either of them