Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Misanthropic Void
Oct 9, 2012

Kiara enthusiasm when announcing the end of the round was adorable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Misanthropic Void
Oct 9, 2012

The cursed videos are back

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TlAi_TVzO9E

Misanthropic Void
Oct 9, 2012

Given the explosive success of the HoloEN girls and the sudden desire to learn more English from the JP counterparts, I think Cover is really eyeing to continue to expand the international market and compared to that, HoloCN doesn't seem worth the effort and occasional bullshit associated with it.

Misanthropic Void
Oct 9, 2012

Liar Lyre posted:

Who here’s a good chef?

I don't think "good" is a prerequisite here.

Misanthropic Void
Oct 9, 2012

Jerkface posted:

There's only 2 ways to play this contest: Bully haachama into submission with amazing cooking or bully haachama into submission with even more ferociously disgusting cooking

Cook something disgusting with your feet for a sure winner.

Misanthropic Void
Oct 9, 2012

Live cursed content.

Misanthropic Void
Oct 9, 2012

I'm guessing 3 weeks vacation gives enough time to be more creative: https://www.asacocodaigaku.com/

Misanthropic Void
Oct 9, 2012

Revolver Bunker posted:

I'm pretty sure that the page is fan made. The fandom has been quick to churn our Asacoco U stuff. https://www.reddit.com/r/Hololive/c...web2x&context=3

My bad then. I don't frequent Reddit and since it was featured on Asacoco I thought it had been made by her. Sorry for that.

Misanthropic Void
Oct 9, 2012

We defiantly need to invent bigger days. 24h is just not enough.

Misanthropic Void
Oct 9, 2012

Haachama as an Among Us stream scheduled in 22h. This will be... interesting.

Misanthropic Void
Oct 9, 2012

Mulderman posted:

Haachama asked for cooking videos.
So I obliged.

https://twitter.com/mulderman/status/1318917349303529476

Haachama taste tests her own food, so.. how was it?

Misanthropic Void
Oct 9, 2012

Mulderman posted:

Rice was sickeningly sweet (no surprise there)
didn't taste the catfood actually.

My kitchen still smells like boiled cat food and Haribo.

You brave soul, Haachama will be proud.

Misanthropic Void
Oct 9, 2012

Haachama just started playing Amoung Us with viewer.

Misanthropic Void
Oct 9, 2012

To my mind I fail to comprehend how Kiara is behind the whole pack (Gura exempt) in subs. I guess she haven't been able to capture the mass western appeal or something.

Misanthropic Void
Oct 9, 2012

Reclines Obesily posted:

streams at bad times for english viewers

I would just like to point out she streams at very good times for EU viewers which has a shitload of English viewers. I just take a little offence a this notion that English is only spoken in NA, nothing personal.

Misanthropic Void
Oct 9, 2012

Insurrectionist posted:

Does she? I don't think she's as bad as some of them who basically only stream during EU night, but my impression has been that most of her streams are in the 6AM - 3PM range CEST which is not great for EU either. Especially since it seems most of the EU got dumb and aren't heavily suggesting/forcing work from home nowadays despite the increasing Corona numbers.

Quite the contrary, most of her streams start between 09:00 and 16:00 CEST and at least most people I know, myself included are working from home. You look at her stream chat, you'll notice the EU people there are happy with these sort of schedule, especially taken into account none of the other EN talents are EU friendly with most of the streams happening between 00:00 and 06:00.

It was just a small aside that I dislike when reducing the EN speaking audience to NA only :)

Kanos posted:

She streams in a range from like 6 AM to 6 PM CEST, normally, doesn't she? That doesn't seem like European prime time. Her collab with Polka tomorrow is going to be up at a rocking 8 AM CEST, for example.

I would say we consider anytime we are not a sleep, prime time (Watch on the train, second monitor at home, background tab at work, etc.) :D

Misanthropic Void
Oct 9, 2012

Reclines Obesily posted:

yeah she stream during poor times for eu viewers, also im australian

Don't get me wrong, it was nothing against you, it is just in the last couple of weeks, since HoloEN boomed, most of the source I see always equate EN to NA.

We're not picky, since 90% of the other streams after midnight and no one streams between 20 and 24 CEST, we are happy with what we can get during the day :D

Misanthropic Void
Oct 9, 2012

Kiara X Nene off-collab to start soon.

I find the range of expressions that Kiara's rig can do suits well her character and she can certainly take well advantage of them, like the eyebrow scene a couple of streams ago. She has embraced the bottom left character and I think she has grown with it as much of the other EN talents have with their own.

Misanthropic Void
Oct 9, 2012

Liar Lyre posted:

Ahoy! She’s just buttering up Marine for their eventual collab at this point.

I think a duet with Marine is pretty much inevitable at this time.

Misanthropic Void
Oct 9, 2012

Loosing connection during Connect is.....

Misanthropic Void
Oct 9, 2012

Great collab in the end and I think Kiara should do more off-collabs while she still cans before moving to discord collabs once she move away from Japan. Her happy and energetic personality really shines in these moments.

Misanthropic Void
Oct 9, 2012

Kild posted:

Yeah Kiara seemed to get hung up on the few negative comments when she first began.

She got more hung up due to the fact that the be beginning people didn't see any "measurable" skill. She couldn't draw like Ina, game like Ame, compose like Cali e or being kawaii like Gura, so se felt compared to the others. So while everyone was talking about the others no one was talking about her and that drove her morale a bit down.

It took a while for her to see that what people like in her, those who like her is the energy she exudes and kindness and to an extent the bottom left shenanigans.

Misanthropic Void
Oct 9, 2012

It's going to be a clusterfuck and therefore it will be :magical:

Misanthropic Void
Oct 9, 2012

It will be a sight to behold.

Misanthropic Void
Oct 9, 2012

HoloEN X Holo5 playing Among Us is about to start.

Misanthropic Void
Oct 9, 2012

Kanos posted:

I feel really bad for Kiara but her streams being mega scuffed with completely baffling tech issues is almost an endearing trademark at this point.

Edit: Calli's stream is actually even more hosed up at the moment, with her mic wigging out super hard.

Hopefully when she has internet in her own apartment and has 100% time to fiddle with it, she can fix all those issues

Misanthropic Void
Oct 9, 2012

That last vote was epic with Polka, Nene and Ame.

Misanthropic Void
Oct 9, 2012

Pollyanna posted:

That's a fair interpretation, but I don't think it's the intended one. Holofive themselves very much still like and miss Aloe, so I don't know if it's something they for-sure don't want.

Honestly, probably best to hold off until they themselves say something about it.

Kiara's pre-chat was full of references and questions to Aloe and it becomes annoying pretty fast. I can understand people wanted to remember, but constantly doing so on the other streamers streams can be pretty disrespectful.

Misanthropic Void
Oct 9, 2012

Lurking Haro posted:

What does Kiara have to do with Aloe? :psyduck:
Sounds more like Anti behaviour.

Neither makes sense and we remind people multiple times to shut it about Aloe. Keep in mind Kiara's are of the 18h variety.

Even if antis it even makes less sense, since none of the HoloEN have anything to do with that.

It think it's just people lack the most basic skills of social awareness.

Misanthropic Void
Oct 9, 2012

Haachama cooking contest is starting

https://youtu.be/m2lcRM7PgoE

Misanthropic Void
Oct 9, 2012

Infected posted:

Oh god, Haachama just announced a collab with Amelia.

That will be something all right.

Misanthropic Void
Oct 9, 2012

Lyer posted:

Ina and AO-Chan aren't loving around with their chat. I'm glad to see it tbh, looks like Ina has a very specific idea of what she wants her chat to be and nipping stuff like yesterday's stream in the bud.

Kiara probably doesn't need it and Callie's is fairly benign, but Gura should get in on it before it devolves into something like Amelia's.

Kiara's chat is pretty chill so far, even the pre-chat.

Misanthropic Void
Oct 9, 2012

junan_paalla posted:

Oh noo I'm going to miss Kiara's unarchived asmr stream due to being in some moron training day instead of comfy wfh.

Do you mean Haachama? Kiara doesn't do nor like ASMR.

Misanthropic Void
Oct 9, 2012

Kiara finally reached 400k subs during the FE stream.

Misanthropic Void
Oct 9, 2012

Mazerunner posted:

polka's playing the crane game

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZPD4-i2WIk0

reminder she spent a shitload of money getting 12 korone pillows

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nuh79gts56s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ay8hHuxdWwk

Pekora merch crane gatcha stream. Know we know were our SCs are going to.

Misanthropic Void
Oct 9, 2012

Some nice sound bite morsels from Kiara's Super Mario Sunshine:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zrJfp_ZPbT8

Misanthropic Void
Oct 9, 2012

Jerkface posted:

Does anyone know if there are any plugins to help unfuck youtube chat? I'm looking for things like being able to isolate chats from verified channels / the OP easily or other stuff of that nature.

You can also use this one for some quick and handy filters:
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/chat-selector-for-youtube/elgbmlibcejchmmfkngbdpdmejbajkll?hl=de

Misanthropic Void
Oct 9, 2012

Reclines Obesily posted:

from the reddit

hoo boy hadnt heard that last one

loving tryhards...

It is the same people that foam at their mouth from the tought of letting Kiara win a Mario Kart race because she has to "deserve it".

Seems the concept of fun is loving dead for some people.

Misanthropic Void
Oct 9, 2012

Kanos posted:

Almost all of the comedy of Kiara begging her viewers to let her win is when her viewers blow her out anyway and she starts ranting about traitors, wage cuts, and mass firings. I don't think Kiara would be terribly happy if a line of obedient simps just let her cruise to victory repeatedly; she obviously wants to win, but "LET ME WIN OR YOU'RE FIRED" absolutely is a bit(that she probably picked up as funny as hell from being a fan of Pekora, who has a very similar Mario Kart relationship with her fanbase).

Yes, that is the gimmick and generates good content, in the same way that 1 (one) win would also generate good content. In any case, it is more a matter of attitude of the people with the "deserve"... in a game... in a vtuber stream...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Misanthropic Void
Oct 9, 2012

Raenir Salazar posted:

Yeah it really unfortunately shakes out in my head as Kiara being the most seiso/authentic feeling in being "idol like" among the Hololive EN roster despite being "bottom left", she has that princess like distance feeling to her even when she's being a gremlin. I dig it the aesthetic feeling of her character but I can see that being what makes people latch on with all the idol fandom toxicity.

Kiara's fan discord is one the chillest places I've been and we condone that poo poo to hell and back. Kiara's is the least seiso, she knows it, we know it and everyone rolls with it and has a good laught.

She even has the lowest number of sub of all the EN talents.

For now we'll never know the true cause of the complaints, but it was best she stopped it know to protect them and Huke.