Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)
I've been wanting to write Flare and Noel for something, is there some more background lore for them? I know that Noel likes beef bowls and prefers maces, but does Flare have a weapon of some sort?

In other news, Ina made me install Mahjong Soul...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GkcY1yJ4z3c&t=744s
Someone needs to try out balut

I love all the Holo EN girls, Gura is the least one I watch but she's still great (and very internet-savvy), I'm getting into Ina more and she's amazing (plus she got me to download Mahjong Soul). My Japanese is bad so I can't really enjoy the JP vtubers at 100%, but I do like me some calming sheep mama

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)
I have no idea what's going on or what they're doing but I love and support them

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)
Last night I hung out in a Filipino vtuber's talk stream and it was hilarious--she was roasting the stream campers' names while reading them. (it's unarchived, though)

I think I'm a fan now. She also had a collab with Moona a while back.

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)
I remember Calli saying that she did one of her streams sitting on the floor, so... yeah.

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)
He seems to be having too much fun for a simple paid gig

BOOBA!

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)

Jerkface posted:

Some Amelia deep lore in the member stream.

1. She had a gameboy, super boomer
2. Got tinnitus from going to tons of ska concerts and once got squished by a huge fat dude who fell on her at one
3. Someone threw a soda at a concert once and a piece of ice landed directly on her eye
4. Guilty pleasure movie is Pride & Prejudice

She might be cursed 🤔

Pride & Prejudice is loving amazing

Ina and Calli's taste in favorite anime coincide with mine (late 2000s/early 2010s), so I reckon I'm close to them in age. I'm 32.

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)
Roberu streamed BBTag in an online lobby yesterday, yay finally someone who plays fighting games

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)
Watame wants to be the bag strap in Noel's new model aaaah

Re: Deat Beats EP

I am not a rap/hiphop fan but I like Calli's music and it makes me want to check out the JP indie rap scene. Even if it doesn't hold up if I do get into the genre, I would still appreciate the hell out of it.

(I mean, I got into musicals thanks to Hamilton, so...)

Lily Catts fucked around with this message at 05:27 on Oct 23, 2020

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)
The HoloEN girls being mega-supportive of each other is one of the things I love most out of them, the wholesomeness is off the charts

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)
This is so good I'm ascending

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)
Ok I'm a Nene fan now as well

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)
Roberu is the only vtuber I know who plays fighting games (don't play BBTag, but he makes it fun), and he's pretty cool. I wish someone plays Tekken regularly though! I think Suntory Nomu played it with someone else way way back, but they were both absolutely new at it (still funny).

I'm someone who likes both vtubers and professional wrestling and while there are a lot of similarities on how they skirt the line between fiction and reality, there are also enough differences. I for one don't want to know personal details of the person behind a vtuber, but those little background bits of information that they reveal on purpose certainly increases my engagement with them. Also I know way too much about the real people behind the wrestlers and it's mostly ruined them for me, so I don't want to peek too much here.

Overbite posted:

I wanna show some lesser talked about Vtubers!

Sister Claire is a nun! She always seems to be calm and composed and is rarely lewd. She also does a morning stream on most days where she has motivational things to say. Here she is with Elu (who has way too much going on with her design) playing Just Dance.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G_1BDKomFSE
Subbed...

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)
Calli likes Guilty Gear a lot, I think she mains Johnny and Slayer. I'd still watch the heck out of it (I'm a total noob and just play Ky or Sol)

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)

Tae posted:

No, but aki is named after a legend of galactic hero character by yagoo.

Oh poo poo

Also didn't someone from Nijisanji review her own lewds on stream

Lily Catts fucked around with this message at 07:41 on Oct 25, 2020

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)
It was Hoshikawa Sara, I remembered

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)
Tuned into Watame Night Fever and she was getting emotional over remembering her grandmother, I think one of the red superchats talked about losing their own...

She's such a dear, we don't deserve her

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)
Watame is reading a lot of English superchats, is this common?

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)
https://youtu.be/FvsLFJsWFR4

I need a full version

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)
It reminds me of the Ez8, which is a good thing

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)

PerOlus posted:

How does this spam on coco actually work?
Why is it possible in youtube to just keep on creating new accounts? Like, shouldn't there be a confirm-step of some sort, to prevent scripting this up?

Apparently the spammers use a plugin that makes the chat look like Niconico comments, so spamming fucks the video up. Funnily you'll only see the effect if you have the plugin installed, so they're... basically... sabotaging the stream for themselves...

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)
I enjoyed Moona's World of Warships stream yesterday

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)

Big Witch Hat posted:

I wonder if we'll see her play a serious train simulation game one day, even as a joke.

Has she made a "rail your mom" joke yet

I only caught Coco singing Aquarion because I was watching fukken wrestling :(

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)
Fell among the rabbit hole of independent vtubers, I watched one play some salty Forza Horizon 4 races

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)
Wtf is a KFC stream

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)
Watching Ina's stream for a change

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)
Where do I get my own waifu generator

It's hilarious

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)

Literally got Calli my oshi

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)

Trihugger posted:

So comparing the camerawork of Suisei's 500k concert to Saki Ashizawa's 100k concert and Hololive definitely has a way to go. I think this Saki Ashizawa is backed by a company in the music business rather than a tech company turned talent agency. To be fair, there's no dancing that the cameras have to follow, but it still feels like they hired TV experienced people for the show.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ubqKIEivVnQ

I missed the live... Saki has gotten really good now, she released a cover for Daybreak's Bell (Gundam 00 OP1) the other day and it was fantastic. Can't wait for her to cover the remaining two Gundam 00 OPs lol

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)

Tae posted:

I see you choose to ignore the last one

It is a decent song, but I do not in any way care for the movie it came with.

Oh man Riot Music's been signing more singing vtubers. I listened to Yuka Nagase, who came out to Saki's live, and fulfills that saccharine-sweet niche. Listening to Suzuna Nagihara now, who has this extremely powerful Uninstall cover.

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)

https://twitter.com/moricalliope/status/1322205550428344320

rip

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)
I wouldn't mind buying vtuber merch, but most of it is physical, right?

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)
"Hello demons, it's me, your boy" is worth the admission

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)
Polka is having an insane anime song karaoke stream where she went from singing Eva songs to Macross Frontier ones, and now she's signing the OG Precure OP.

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)
Polka literally broke OBS with her epic Rising Hope cover

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)
Kiara on her drawing stream confides that she's had chronic shoulder pain for years and has learned to live with it :(

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)
During her SC reading today, Kiara mentioned being a regular in idol concerts, dressed up in the full wotaku regalia (t-shirt and multiple towels with her oshi's face on them).

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)
The one that fully converted me to vtuberism was a clip of Korone playing Metal Slug. "Chubby machine gun"

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)
A-chan doesn't have her own channel, right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)

Space Flower posted:

she has her own twitter so you can catch her wagelife jokes and fangirling in the others' replies

Oh no I found a clip where she talks about her niche fetish... definitely a character in her own right. I kinda wish she has her own channel, but I'm also fine with her just popping in and out in Hololive streams.

They should make a vtuber model for the HoloEN Manager as well