Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012

HiveCommander posted:

'Bants' is colloquial for banter and I've heard that from people who are certainly channers. I've even heard the term be used by daytime radio presenters before, but granted that's in Australia and we're a whole lot more casual about everything than EU/NA.
'Archive reps' is pretty unmistakable though

Oh yeah that was part of what I meant by "countries where it's a common." On it's own it wouldn't mean anything but in combo with "archive reps" it cements things.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012

JointHorse posted:

The gently caress does "archive reps" mean? I did spend time in 4chan ages ago, but never saw that.

Hellbore posted:

Essentially reading the archived threads, so people don;t have to constantly repeat information. Mostly gatekeeping bullshit.

Shion too.

From a way back but in regards to vtubers specifically it means "watch old vods you missed," which was also the specific meaning Selen was using it for.

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012

Sundae posted:

I don't know if this got addressed, but this is really Nijisanji EN Gen1 still. They picked more than 3 the first time around. I have no idea why they decided to divide it into two groups.

If you look at the waves for non japanese branches, Nijisanji just seems to like 3 as the number to debut at once. I couldn't speak for the general case but for EN specifically I think it really helped with having a good rapport right out the gate because Pomu and Elira already were basically friends from past identities and I think it's easier to just add one more person into that than to add four more people into that

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012

Takoluka posted:

To add to that, Pomu and Rosemi were friends too, so she can also connect really easily to her new genmate.

Honestly I think this might be What nijisanji's English Strategy Is. Rapport isn't exactly something you can predict so they're 'seeding' the waves with people who have preexisting rapport rather than just hoping for the best.

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012

homeless snail posted:

Hmm. You're right. Okay then we'll just have the good no-doxxing vtuber thread, instead.

We do, hope that helps.

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012

Fat and Useless posted:

How about the thread just becomes a no past life [...] zone

https://twitter.com/ksononair/status/1416504335228313602
"no past life stuff" is frequently entirely for the company's benefit and not for the vtuber's benefit.

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012

homeless snail posted:

No one is gonna argue with you that kson isn't a pretty big exception here, but what fantasy world are you living in where hololive benefits?

Uh, if their talent is less able to build up alternate identities through those alternate identities being easily traced to their hololive identities, then they're more likely to stick with hololive instead of jump ship. Pretty loving obvious how hololive benefits.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012
Vtuber Thread - Liver and onions