Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tsilkani
Jul 28, 2013

Stairmaster posted:

How would a Japanese national even end up here. What kind of hosed up arc that'd have to be

I'm willing to bet money Amelia is American. Her dog's name is Bubba.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tsilkani
Jul 28, 2013

Black Mage Knight posted:

Just establishing her true domain is not the water but rhythm games

S Rank stands for Shark

Tsilkani
Jul 28, 2013

Bloody Pom posted:

It's honestly astonishing how talented these girls really are, now that they're each getting their time to shine. I'm sure Kiara has some hidden mastery that we haven't seen yet, but being completely fluent in three considerably different languages is no small feat.

Kiara's (not so) hidden mastery is annoying Calliope.

Tsilkani
Jul 28, 2013

I am back, and I am MOIST.

Tsilkani
Jul 28, 2013

Tabletops posted:

somewhat surprised that calliope ended up getting the most SC. Though I think her timeslot ended up being the most advantageous as it was hitting at least some portion of her western fanbase but at a great time in JP.

People were also giving her money specifically for her songs, so she had an edge there.

Tsilkani
Jul 28, 2013

I can't understand why people complain about Kiara speaking Japanese, because all of my favorite foreign Vtubers are ones that do partial English, because I can follow along better. I'm sure it's probably the same for a lot of the people complaining, which is hypocritical. You enjoy the JP Vtubers better when you can understand them, surely you can let the JP viewers have the same fun with one member of EN?

Tsilkani
Jul 28, 2013

LITERALLY MY FETISH posted:

Yeah Kiara's gonna be fine. She's 3+ hours deep on a SC reading stream and still going strong.

Well, she's dying, but the SCs are still going strong. We need a danke schoen counter, it must be in the thousands at this point.

Also I feel like there's gonna be a slingshot effect where kiara feels like she has to make up for the other EN members having an amazing talent and works herself half to death to "catch up" and just massively surges. Gonna predict she'll end up being a collab queen who dips as easily into a pekora stream as she does into a Gura or Ina stream, and the big thing that seems to really expand a vtuber's audience is doing collabs.

She's got great energy for doing collabs, too. I really want to see a Kiara and Amelia collab, because both of them are really good at keeping the energy level up and I'd love to see them bounce off each other.

Tsilkani
Jul 28, 2013

SpartanIvy posted:

I thought you were joking but it actually is $2.50 :lol:

Look, that is 50 cents higher than her normal wine purchase, she is treating herself!

Tsilkani
Jul 28, 2013

Amelia is a total gremlin, and if rumors about her previous identities are right, she's toned it down.

Tsilkani
Jul 28, 2013

Callie won a Golden Yagoo for the warmup game in Week 2, but I don't know if she counts it.

Tsilkani
Jul 28, 2013

Tae posted:

Piece of known shits hololive moments is shutting down because they are *surprise, surprise* part of the bilibili chuds

https://www.youtube.com/post/UgyP0qFnqskOD0OdoS54AaABCQ

Yeah, the 'taking our ball and going home' because Coco wasn't punished enough is bonkers.

Tsilkani
Jul 28, 2013

Squiddycat posted:

For real I hope Coco is emotionally OK tho

Coco lives with other Hololive members, I think she'll be good. Haachama is the one I'm worried about, she's stuck in a foreign country away from family and friends and just got cut off from her big social thing.

Tsilkani
Jul 28, 2013

Waffleman_ posted:

Coco was probably definitely first in line for when the EN's month was up.

She's going to have to get in line behind Pekora. A new Holo member who likes her the best, speaks Japanese and English, and is unfamiliar enough with Minecraft to have all the tricks work on her? It's Pekora's dream come true.

Tsilkani
Jul 28, 2013

Ina jamming out to KK House at the end of her Animal Crossing stream was adorable.

Tsilkani
Jul 28, 2013

sinky posted:

I hope she's using Reaper.

She called it out as betraying her at the start of the stream, she had to resort to Adobe Audition.

Tsilkani
Jul 28, 2013

Stairmaster posted:

I think even after the lockdown ends the holomyths should be kept away from Marine.

Or Amelia at the very least.

Amelia/Marine/Coco team-up is what the world needs, though.

Tsilkani
Jul 28, 2013

Lyer posted:

Nah I want the Horny Jail team, Amelia, Marine, Moona.

Moona is also an excellent addition to the 2 Horny Crew. I feel like leaving Coco out would be doing us all a grave disservice, though.

Tsilkani
Jul 28, 2013

Vtuber nendos would be crazy popular, I think.

Tsilkani
Jul 28, 2013

Speaking of Minecraft, Moona is hooked, and quite good at it. She streamed it for 7 hours the other day, and previously built a pretty amazing secret stairway:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=39oYWYVyfFk

Tsilkani
Jul 28, 2013

Fat_Cow posted:

Moona...

Moona once again the most relatable.

Tsilkani
Jul 28, 2013

AO-chan is the mod in Ina's chat (And possibly some of the others), and might be her manager.

Tsilkani
Jul 28, 2013

Fat_Cow posted:

Maybe its "Ancient One" and maybe the want a Live2D model for them so they can show up on stream.

People suggest it might be Ina's Sister.

That would be interesting, family streams are always entertaining.

Tsilkani
Jul 28, 2013

Pollyanna posted:

Pikamee mistook Maine for Japan. Pikamee can't find Japan on a globe. :allears:

The virtual world is different than the real world! Virtual Texas is actually in the Mediterranean.

Tsilkani
Jul 28, 2013

Poor Aqua.

Tsilkani
Jul 28, 2013

You can tell Korone is a proper gamer because she is Okayu's #1 simp.

Tsilkani
Jul 28, 2013

Mr.Flibble posted:

Here's a group collab of ring fit where Korone got very hyper! (What else is new?)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9hHPk-mZCUY

Everyone else: *complains about the exercise*

Korone: *Does the exercises while it's other people's turn*

Tsilkani
Jul 28, 2013

Misanthropic Void posted:

It's more about monetizing big amounts of money of something that it is not yours than it is about streaming itself.

Since it in the end it is about sticking to the big companies, then maybe someone should use Calli's music for their own purposes and profit out of it without any royalties and Cover/Calli better not complain.

Keep fighting the rebel fight my brothers.

More about how the fans pick it up and will pick it up. Now it is Atlus and how next? Plenty of games they cannot play at the moment.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Alex Hutchinson? Is that you?

Tsilkani
Jul 28, 2013

Carteret posted:

PREVIOUS IDENTITY ALERT

So there's no question that this is Sydsnap , right? I guess we'll see.

edited in a warning, I guess

Don't click if you don't want to to break Kayfabe

Either it's her, or someone's been stealing her ideas.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SLZz02Uwtt0

Tsilkani fucked around with this message at 05:17 on Jan 31, 2021

Tsilkani
Jul 28, 2013

Fixed, sorry. The board does not like simple pasting.

Tsilkani
Jul 28, 2013

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

Been thinking about this a lot since Maki Itoh has the whole idol background and that tweet is basically just a Coco tweet.

Coco and Maki interacting would be a dream stream.

Tsilkani
Jul 28, 2013

SennyYak posted:

Futakuchi Mana (the metal vtuber) just released her cover of King, and she put her own unique twist on it. She's doing an afterparty stream right now as well.

In case anyone missed it, she did a karaoke stream last week that is somehow still archived, and it's half Japanese songs and half Evanescence and Paramore.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5gI1KSyujY8

Now I really want to see her and Callie collab, just the two of them geeking out about music and chatting would be amazing.

Tsilkani
Jul 28, 2013

u sp33k l33t br0 posted:

Korone has thrown down the gauntlet and claimed she would win in a fist fight with any other Hololive member.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qzb07322beY

I'm pretty sure Korone could win a fist fight against most of the people on Something Awful.

Tsilkani
Jul 28, 2013

Wudz posted:

oh no I'm entertaining the thought of vtube streaming, help talk me out of it

https://twitter.com/streamlabs/status/1369875744038522883

Tsilkani
Jul 28, 2013

njsykora posted:

Applause is a fairly new thing and seemed fairly hated because Youtube takes a 60% cut from those donations instead of the 30% it takes from Superchat.

The 60% is supposedly if you do it on mobile, because it counts as in-app purchases so the app store gets a cut.

Edit: This article confirms that the regular cut is 30%, same as Superchats: https://www.theverge.com/2020/2/12/21134512/youtube-viewer-applause-clapping-feature-monetization-creators-twitch-donations

Tsilkani
Jul 28, 2013

Tabletops posted:

Good! That’s like the third or fourth time kiara has said that directed at ina lol I’m glad she ignores her

Yeah, Ina found her groove and stuck with it and she's great. Sometimes I wonder if it doesn't really sink in for Kiara that Ina is doing this in addition to a full-time job, not as her only thing.

Tsilkani
Jul 28, 2013

As soon as I'm done paying down some debts Ina is going to be my first membership, I get the most enjoyment out of her stuff and want to show her some love. I was always impressed she came into Hololive willing to tell chat to dial it back and having arranged a moderator for her streams. Kind of surprised no-one else followed suit.

Tsilkani
Jul 28, 2013

A chat like Kiara's or Ame's does make for better entertainment when they clash with the streamer, but I have to imagine it's exhausting in the long run. I think Ina's approach is much better in a self-care sense, as long as she can get Kiara to stop hassling her about it. I get why Kiara thinks like that, she's got an idol background and has probably been taught to really engage with the audience more on their terms, but it's not the only way. Look at Korone, she will straight up tell chat to zip it and she's popular as heck.

Tsilkani
Jul 28, 2013

Nene's been threatening to sell Hololive armpit sweat for a while now, good to see she's got her business plan finalized.

Tsilkani
Jul 28, 2013

Carlioo posted:

I'm not sure the world kan handle 3D Nene, that girl will become too powerful.

With togglable armpit sweat drops.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tsilkani
Jul 28, 2013

Wudz posted:

yeah, just closed that tab a minute ago actually
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oiZ5kBb3QjQ

"oh darn looks like our server got erased through no fault of our own, guess we'll just have to set up a new one and link it to the JP server oh well"

Can't link servers to one another, they either play directly on the JP server or they play completely separately.