Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」

Argas posted:

It's just wild to me because this doesn't mention Taiwan at all and is just about South Korea and the US' involvement/partnership. It's not like they gave North Korea (lol) props for putting up a good fight but left out China or anything. It's somehow a bigger deal because you have both South Korean companies in China reacting and Chinese officials reacting, whereas Haachama and Coco were basically entirely on the random internet nationalists.

And this is what happens when one of the cornerstones of your national and foreign policy is using dogwhistles as your secret handshake with everyone and not just your in-group.

I believe that its because saying the US is involved is the reason that its become a thing. Coco and Haachama mentioning Taiwan is the catalyst but if you look at most of the smear campaigns and twitter spam they've been directed at Coco because the extreme nationalist see her as the "American target" that they can direct their hate to. Haachama's twitter has actually gotten much less in the way of hate messages and spam in comparison to Coco and based on some of the information I've been following they main push by the extreme Chinese nationalist was Coco and Haachama(being Japanese but from Japan) is just collateral. They can't go after Youtube (ie. Google) because they are too big of an American company but they can try to pin all of that on Coco having lived in America and thus can be sacrificed for their cause. What they didn't expect was how much international support Coco had and their willingness to engage the antis. This coupled with Gura (they decided not to target her because she was too big and did not reside in Japan) outright paying tribute to Coco in song and Fubuki tweeting about future plans has caught their push off guard. The real test will be what happens with the 3 weeks are up and what final push they do. If they get sucked up with the BTS stuff it'll cripple their plans which will be a good thing. After that Cover needs to decide how it wants to handle Billibilli and doing business with them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」

Ibram Gaunt posted:

When will holoen play ARK. That's the content I want to see. Minecraft ftl.

Probably when Coco returns. Though I wonder about the ping playing on the JP server. Ark is already janky enough with good ping.

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」

junan_paalla posted:

I almost had a heart attack when the collab stream started, I had the steam up but was focusing on something else and suddenly just *loud kazoo noises*. I can just imagine the arsenal of instruments she'll have amassed in a few months.

Calli also showed off her harmonica in the collab and said that she also ordered a slide whistle. I'm looking forward to the track making streams so much. :allears:

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」

Vizuyos posted:

During one of the HoloEN collabs, they had an activity where they all ranked each other on a chart with intelligence on the X axis and "pureness" on the Y axis. So the smartest members would be on the right side of the chart, and the most wholesome members would be on the top of the chart. For example, Amelia was placed at the bottom right, since (to VERY loosely paraphrase) she's a smart detective tech but is too gremliny to be idol material.

Huke, Kiara's creator, called for Kiara to be placed on the bottom left of the chart, leading to a discussion where Kiara had to defend herself from accusations of being birdbrained and horny and so on. It took off, and BOTTOM LEFT became a meme.

It's all very tongue and cheek but it's now an in-joke among the HoloEN members. Kiara owns up to the bottom left. So much so there is an arrow emote for her membership that points to the bottom left in her colors. It's often used when Kiara makes a pass a Calli.

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」

Falls Down Stairs posted:

Sometimes people twist themselves in knots trying to interpret Gura's accent (some even insisting she must have a native language other than English). But it never sounded like anything to me (though I admit I have a poor ear for accents) and she just strikes me as culturally American. It does amuse me the Japanese fans seem to find her most difficult to understand out of the EN crew, though.

Gura's frequent use of English slang is probably too much to decipher for people who aren't familiar with it. One of the marshmallow questions she got during her Q&A stream was asking her what 'hoocha' meant.

100 degrees Calcium posted:

I don't know if I'll eventually want to make a clean break and not connect this project with my goon identity, but for now at least I wanted to say I decided to move forward with experimenting with vtubing. I've commissioned an artist to work on the assets and my husband is doing the rigging in exchange for the cost of the software. I'm pretty nervous because my voice is quite man-ish, but I still think it will be really fun.

I wish you best of luck on your endeavor. There's a lot of people debuting but also a lot of people looking for more Vtubers to watch.

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」

Tabletops posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FzNTBQxmYfM

this is the one i was referencing above lol

i thought it was a pretty good cover/remix!

This was the one that I had hoped would make top pick. https://youtu.be/d2IVoVMiKjc

They went ahead and made this remix since Turbo didn't do his usual Eurobeat for their submission.

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」
It really does exist! Can't believe Lamy's pushing into the market faster then Coco.
https://twitter.com/seimenjon/status/1318103555023106050?s=20

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」

Lyer posted:

I don't think they'll get dropped, but most likely rebranded as a different entity in China (still owned by Cover). Unfortunately that probably means no streaming on twitch or youtube and definitely no collabs with the rest of Hololive. However I still think Hololive will have a presence as there's still a significant amount of viewers in China, but it's not nearly going to be as interactive as it was before. Probably time delayed VOD's that have been scrubbed. Who knows if/when this thing dies down, they might try and re-associate later, but to me this seems like the best course of action.

Yeah, I can't see Cover fully exiting the China market. They don't have any malice against their CN talents and are probably trying to figure out how to keep operating. Outside of the exteme nationalist that have been trumpeting their horn any actual business worth its salt will realize that this whole thing has been a mountain made out of mole hills. Cover not supporting CN talents would also earn them negativity among their JP and EN talents. I see them reorganizing how they conduct business within the wall with different onsite company, better support for their CN talents, maybe even slowly reintroduce translated streams done professionally. Cover needs the rebuild on all fronts. Cover backing out fully from the Chinese market now would just prove that the Antis were right all along.

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」

Talorat posted:

See you say that but then we see things like Genshin Impact cutting it's sponsorship deal with Gigguk because he mentioned Coco in a video. Like sure the main force behind this is a mob of psycho nationalists who could be ignored, but it seems like the Chinese business community has no interest in getting on their bad side, or is otherwise being told to keep their distance.

Didn't know about the Gigguk thing. Guess Calli being in their upcoming podcast will end all Chinese contracts.

Tae posted:

A kpop group dared to not mention China's involvement in the Korean war (as the north korean allies) and every single company like Samsung ran away and tore up contracts for sponsorships.

No, I don't think Cover is bigger than that literal world-renowned kpop band to pull and keep their sponsors.

That's fair. I've been assuming that companies would want the money and be willing to take the risk. Stuff like Azur Lane that is gaining a sizable audience outside of China stands to earn a lot of money from Whales if they release a second collab with Hololive but it will come at a huge risk for their internal market.

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」

Brunom1 posted:

And in today's asacoco...

Another thing interesting is that this bit of text is at the bottom of the description in both Japanese and English:
------
Notices From COVER Corporation

We have been made aware of a number of attempts to incite controversy against our talents by causing them to utter sensitive statements using the live stream chat.

In response to this, we have set up a list of terms unable to be mentioned at present to prevent this. Please understand that this response is not politically motivated and is intended to ensure the peaceful live streams by our talents.

Please understand that even if such statements were to be said by the talents, these are in no way politically or ideologically motivated.
------

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」

Misanthropic Void posted:

I'm guessing 3 weeks vacation gives enough time to be more creative: https://www.asacocodaigaku.com/

I'm pretty sure that the page is fan made. The fandom has been quick to churn our Asacoco U stuff. https://www.reddit.com/r/Hololive/c...web2x&context=3

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」
I'm subscribed to all 5 members so their streams and future streams show up on my recommendations already. Also earlier someone in this thread said that there was a fan minecraft server up? If so can I get an invite to it?

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」

CubeTheory posted:

Discord: https://discord.gg/2BV3TF

MC Server: gaming.snail.moe

Much thanks! All the minecrafting that Hololive has been doing is bringing back the urge to punch blocks.

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」
There's quite a lot going on right before Miko's return stream. Most notably for me is that Pekora is handmaking and baking bread to celebrate Miko's return. Though now she's sweating because there might not be enough time for it to finish baking before Miko's stream. There's so much to go back and watch though. Subaru and Mio are both playing Minecraft and Haachama had a singing stream earlier. Going to have quite a bit of back log to go through.

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」

Onean posted:

Here's her tweets leading up to that one:

I can feel the Fubuki thirst and heavy breathing in her posts. Thus begins her push to add glasses to everyone. I do have to say that Noel's new outfit is very fashionable and her Live2D ver2 gave her the now standard gangimari eyes as well as more fluid motion. I hope they kept in her chestnut mouth. That leaves two more new outfits left to reveal.

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」

Lyer posted:

Two busy days at work and I already have enough streams to last me for the rest of the week. I haven't even had the chance to watch Suisei's concert yet, this week has been ridiculous.

My advice for when you watch Suisei's concert if you can put it on a TV with a good sound system or full screen with headphones. Its an amazing show.

Overbite posted:

I'm surprised that Hololive managed to get so many members together and they all appear to be friends. I know Matsuri said she and Shion can get into arguments and that one time Mio had to break it up but they don't hate each other.

Nijisanji is 100+ vtubers that formed their own little groups and cliques. One of the positive things to come out of the Ark craze was the Niji server where members who usually didn't collab ended up doing collabs because of the way the clan takeovers happened.

Matsuri and Shion getting into a spat is something I can see happening. A person who wears her heart on her sleeves talking to someone who keeps that heart locked behind multiple lock boxes. Mio breaking up the two really does reinforce her position has a mom to a lot of them.

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」

Jerkface posted:

Both companies would benefit from like a ...creative director type role that can help manage collabs / come up with ideas / mediate creative differences.- As goons said this whole accent thing could have been handled if there was any professional mediation involved where you just turn it into a collab opportunity or improv a solution around it. So many paths forward that don't involve your talent leaving lol

This reminds me of how people were noticing that Shigure Ui and Tsunomaki Watame sounded very similar in their speech and some mannerisms. That turned into a cross collab and then became a game where Ui, Watame, Noel and Sister Claire all spoke like Ui and had people guess who the real Shigure Ui was out of the 4.

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」

Tae posted:

Let's not leave the OG vtuber company Upd8 out of this, who decided that no one cared about Kizuna Ai's personality and only the model.

That itself is probably the biggest misstep and off direction prediction any company has made with regards to VTubers. I remember watching Kizuna Ai's videos and when they revealed that there would be "Another Kizuna Ai" I got really weirded out watching two people pretend to be one person. Then when to created "Kizuna Ai China" and then "sent" her off to make content I just stopped watching the channel.

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」

Brunom1 posted:

I mean, in Gen 0's case, that's more due to the fact that none of them joined at the same time. At first it was just Sora, then Roboco signed in (about 6-7 months later), then Suisei, and I believe Miko only joined... pretty much around Gen 2's debut, actually?

All of them were solo, independent youtubers and joined with months between one another.

Miko's situation is somehow worse as she was part of a failed project in Cover to put out content like Kizuna Ai; post production video clips. The program didn't do well so they shelved it and moved her to their live streaming side with Hololive but she was essentially starting at zero again. "Gen 0" really all worked hard to establish themselves and Hololive. Roboco is the only one of the group that I'm not too familiar with their back story. Sora, Suisei and Miko have all talked about their starts and struggles. I don't know if Roboco has gone into any detail about her start with Hololive.

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」

Kanos posted:

Yeah, the early gens absolutely did not have an identity as interlinked groups. That pretty much started with Hololive Gamers(who were specifically made with the idea of doing group stuff a fair amount) and Gen 3.

There was a gen 2 offline collab recently, and they mentioned that it was the first time they had ever done an offline gathering as a group, and how gen 2 technically has a group discord but some of them hadn't even looked at it in a year before they decided to organize the offline collab. They talk to each other on a one to one basis constantly, but they never really leaned into the "generation" thing like the newer gens have.

Gen 3 was kind of an aberration for a bit, though - they seem to be really close by holo standards. I remember one big collab where they got all of gen 2, gen 3, and most of gen 4 in there and had basically a quiz show where they'd ask a generation member questions about one of their members, and the others had to answer, and gen 3 was basically 100% correct. Gen 4 doesn't seem as immediately close and interlinked as 3 does, but then gen 5 whips around real strong and they are specifically real life friends(which is why the Aloe stuff hit them real hard personally).

The Gen 2 offline collab is a really good wholesome stream. Ayame was the only one who automatically assumed that everyone would gather together for the collab. Not even Subaru who organized the event was sure everyone would attend. They were almost right if they didn't drag Shion out of her house because she once again fell asleep.

Brunom1 posted:

Gen 4 strikes me as being kind of in the middle of the road, so to speak.

Coco, Kanata, and Watame are clearly very close to each other and could well be considered to be a group proper, but Towa and Luna mostly seem to be doing their own things. Hell, I'm all but sure Luna has done more collabs with Matsuri than with everyone else in Gen 4.

I remember Coco talking about this topic on one of her streams. How Towa wasn't as close to Watame, Kanata and her due to her schedule and not having very much time open to collab. Luna's situation is a bit more complicated and I think she herself was trying to prove that she could do things on her own without relying on others. Though now that Luna is more confident in herself I wonder if she'll collab with Gen 4 more.

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」

Pollyanna posted:

Hahaha drat, I went digging and you weren't kidding, some people are real loving mad. I'm not gonna share it, but there's a lot of projection happening.

The music industry much like any other medium is especially toxic as gently caress. Even among mainstream US artists there's constant hate among the fanbases. I like Calli's style of music and she reminds me of Macklemore and his style. He also made it big in a short period of time but also got raging hate from people saying he wasn't qualified for the craft. Haters truly gotta hate. Time for me to open a Spotify account.

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」

Poops Mcgoots posted:

I like Mori's music and the hate is totally unwarranted and just sour grapes, but also lol at the folks in here whose touchstones for hip hop are Eminem and Macklemore.

Well I brought up Macklemore as an example of artist garner hate from other artists fanbase. I'm more a fan of 90s hip hop.

I am looking forward to Risu and Korone's collab for peak high pitched animal noises and squeaks.

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」
Hololive's Youtube channel has a stream planned for tonight that seems to be titled "Big Announcement, Everyone's gathered." with Sora, Matsuri, Suisei, Nene and Kanata in the thumbnail and an after event stream on Niconico.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EKi_BsLgmdw

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」

PerOlus posted:

Are you talking about English-speaking vtubers? Because anyone who streams at JP night-time is perfect for EU, and our favorite doggo does that just to mention one obvious example.

Calli and Kiara's streams are super early in the morning for me but I've had the "luck" of being awake to watch them live due to my sleep schedule being completely ruined thanks to 2020. I do enjoy having my mornings being blessed by a sheep and a dog though. It helps me feel motivated to do work.

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」

I can relate to Polka's point of view on her dreams. From my own experience a lot of it is underlying stress that you bury deep enough you actively forget that its there. I've had similar life ending dreams and there definitely is different emotions when you wake up from death dreams.

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」

Liar Lyre posted:

I like how because of Watame, the stoned look is required for all future models.

Its a feature that is great for everyone to have but Watame's is the true high life eyes. I also want to give credit to Watame for how well she handles Live2D rigs. Like when she decided to body jack Flare: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_1ifIQIhC7E

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」
This is very apt given the song that they're singing. THIS IS ALL SO GOOD!

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」

I realized that for a lot of people who joined over summer that this might be their first live encounter of Kurokami. I appreciate the Tsundere Ikeman that Kurokami is to the normally high pitched bubbly Fubuki.

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」

Paracelsus posted:

Probably dangerous when the other EN girls are likely proficient enough in Japanese to notice blatant differences, unless at least three of them end up 3rd Impostering.

Or Kiara offs Calli and Ina first. She'd probably need to take out Polka too to lower the chaos theory.

Another event that's also happening with Hololive is that they will host a Sport Festival in their Minecraft server for all HololiveJP members. Not sure if HoloID will be included but I'm assuming so since they're on the server too. They are accepting suggestions for competitions they can build on the map. They will be doing events through the month of November with Miko and Mio has hosts of the event.

Edit: Mio and Miko are currently live streaming as they build a pixel art here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_JZHLHtQ3Us

Also here is some random Fubuki:
https://twitter.com/shirakamifubuki/status/1319591643129937920?s=20

Revolver Bunker fucked around with this message at 18:26 on Oct 23, 2020

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」
Coco suddenly doing a singing stream in about 20 minutes. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YxpyhMZHkWA

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」

NuclearWinterUK posted:

There's also HoloTools which will let you watch multiple streams in one tab, though you'll need to enter some command in your browser to allow that and I no longer remember what it is...

Aqua and Botan are also streaming Minecraft now.

Sora is also streaming Minecraft. Pekora is doing Mother 2 and Aki is streaming Death Stranding.

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」
I can only watch on my phone and it's like picking only one flavor of ice cream to have. Do I watch Calli for the panik and confusion, Polka for the Chaos, Gura for the over confidence, Botan for the sus break down, Ina for the dad jokes?There's too much to choose from.

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」

Kanos posted:

I feel really bad for Kiara but her streams being mega scuffed with completely baffling tech issues is almost an endearing trademark at this point.

Edit: Calli's stream is actually even more hosed up at the moment, with her mic wigging out super hard.

She was having some mic problems yesterday too. I wonder if there's a slight break in her cabling causing the scuff.

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」
They've been at it for almost 2 hours so the streams probably almost done but Marine and Flare are having duet song time. I think they hung out today and Flare is staying over at Marines place. https://youtu.be/Y689sBJveJY

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」

Onean posted:

With Moona showing up a bunch with Pekora, Risu doing a collab with Korone, and the small uptick of clips including Iofi I've been seeing, I can't imagine they'd be left on the wayside quite as much as they have been.

Iofi also recently had a Minecraft collab with Watame.

An interview set up with Hololive members would be fun and I wish Kiara all the luck and patience with everyone. Luna's going to ask for a plush couch and evian before even sitting.

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」

Schneider Heim posted:

Watame is reading a lot of English superchats, is this common?

She's been learning more English and also uses a transition program to help convert to Japanese. She's really commited to reading all her superchats and engaging with her listeners during her super chat reading time. It's also why they can last hours. She's a wholesome sheep.

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」

Ibblebibble posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AsvigP4y_5E

Ayame was out of commission for gastroenteritis acting up but she's better now.

It seems to be a chronic thing for her and comes up from time to time. I think she was already feeling the effects during her Fall Guys collab competition but powered through it. She's usually only out for a week or two so this time must have been rougher. Glad she's feeling better now.

Edit: In other news more Hololive members playing L4D2. This time its Fubuki, Watame, Mio and Marine. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rb6lGhM9jfA

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」

RealFoxy posted:

Sounds like I picked a great time to start watching HoloLive content. The Launch of HoloEN + all the girls starting to get more comfortable and collab with each other willingly leave a LOT of content to absorb. The only thing I regret is not being around early enough for some of the streams that got pulled from YouTube, really wanted to watch Korone play Digimon World, but outside of clips that have less to do with the game and more to do with Karone, there doesn't seem to be anything left.

A lot of the content that got pulled is still there just not listed and is undergoing copyright checks to make sure the game license holders are okay with the game being up. If they get permission it'll come back up. But they have a small team working on it so its going to take time. The only real major loss right now is all of Subaru's old content because her manager screwed up and instead of mass private all the videos they mass deleted them into the void.

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」

Dezinus posted:

*Yagoo looks at requests for Holostars-Hololive collabs*

Nah, this will never work

I'm looking forward to more HoloID collabs with HoloJP/HoloEN. Iofi, Risu and Moona are all entertaining in their own way. Please give me Kiara x Iofi German learning stream.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」
I've been enjoying Flare's commitment and style choices in her Minecraft house. She has some really good designs and creations. Currently she's redoing her fridge. https://youtu.be/2vfOXJFBBW0