Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」
Watame is best sheep, congratulations on reaching one million. I always love her song selections for her night fever streams and she sings one of the more varied list of songs of the Hololive members.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」
Marine is going to be taking a long break from speaking due to medical issues involving her throat. Hey birthday and anniversary streams have been recorded so she'll watch along with the listeners. She still plans on streaming but focusing on streams where she doesn't need to talk much. It sounds pretty rough and had changed her voice. She mentioned that she'll be fine in the morning but by evening her voice goes out. Though she seems high spirited about it so it seems like it'll be fine with some rest.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e_qEVg7Tb78

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」
I honestly thought that she already had an image for the usual room. I hope it constantly changes and keeps the KFP guessing.

For anyone who was curious what the Hololive in person concerts are like the main channel uploaded some clips from Holofirst Fes for YouTube weekend.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GIZPAJHW5bk

Edit:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hiekN5DmNZE

Revolver Bunker fucked around with this message at 17:37 on Jul 17, 2021

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」
Aqua currently doing a karaoke stream.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nCvv_A9Gsug

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」
Someone earlier was mentioning missing Choco-sensei's cooking streams. May I introduce you to, Ayamy, Mel's artist mom's channel.
https://youtu.be/4tIF56lZMqo
She regularly does cooking streams usually around midnight Japan time. She does use a live camera so you see her hands.

Today's recipe is Korean corn dog.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4tIF56lZMqo

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」

Kata-Haro posted:

The sheer genius that is Ollie. Win the bet and you can say you've always had your friends back. Lose and it gives you a reason to chase collabs even harder.

She's truly the Queen of all Simps.

Little did people know that she has been playing her own high level chess game outside of the tournament.

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」

Wudz posted:

I love that to korone, miko isn't just "miko", but Miko Miko

Korone and Miko are really good friends off stream. When Miko came back from her medical hiatus last year Korone wanted to make a fireworks show in Minecraft to welcome her back. And Korone doesn't normally play Minecraft very often but she got herself suited in armor and gear to go into the nether to get resources. She got spooked and zenlossed everything but she picked herself right back up and kept going. Others joined in to help and they were able to finish in time for Miko's return.

Edit: Ina is doing her second drawing stream where she's finishing her IRyS drawing. It's turning out really good but her archenemies the frills have come back for a fight.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JpjETRZnGd8

Revolver Bunker fucked around with this message at 00:02 on Jul 19, 2021

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」

reignonyourparade posted:

Honestly I think this might be What nijisanji's English Strategy Is. Rapport isn't exactly something you can predict so they're 'seeding' the waves with people who have preexisting rapport rather than just hoping for the best.

Wasn't that how VShojo came about as well? That almost every member has previous chemistry with each other.

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」
Gura has her schedule up after her short leave. This week looks like platformers are on the menu.

https://twitter.com/gawrgura/status/1417131943058157570?s=19

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」

Falls Down Stairs posted:

given this, they kind of weave miracles out of however their selection process works

Sorry wall of thought inbound.

I really do believer that the way Hololive members are now is something of a miracle given all the context. A lot of the Hololive members have been very open about how things were when things first started and also about each of the gens. Roboco and Aki talked about how in the beginning everyone was left to their own devices as far as content for streams and collaborations were not really a common event. Most members for Gen 0, 1 and 2 never really interacted with each other until recently. I think it wasn't until a month or two ago that Gen 0 were in a collab with every member (and that sort of took Flare calling their gen out on it in minecraft which prompted Miko to gather the group). The more the members talk about how things were and what changed over time it really does frame the picture that Cover/Hololive didn't really have a long term game plan and adjusted as time went on.

Gen 1 and 2 were told not to be too loud on stream but that went out the window when Gen 3 started. Collabs started to also be more common once Gen 3 and 4 were around. In my opinion Hololive members definitely have pillar members that have helped support and move Hololive to what it is today. Sora for being the first to start streaming (with the help of A-chan) that caught the eye of Yagoo and helped shift Cover's venture into the world of Vtubers from a tech company. Fubuki for being the "leader" of Hololive at the time when there wasn't really and direction from management and for interacting with other members when she could. Marine for being the heart of gen 3 and helping to establish one of the most close knit gens. Coco for pushing the envelope and helping other members not only with content but also personal worries. I think all those helped keep the group close and familiar with each other enough that now-a-days a lot of HololiveJP refer to the group as a family.

Currently I've been seeing other members step up to be a point of help and support. Subaru, being the extrovert, has become more social with everyone and has collabed a lot. Lately with Luna and Choco-sensei who get over shadowed a lot. But she was the one who helped organized the first ever offline get together of all of Gen 2 for their 3nd anniversary. Botan's been sort of the leader of 5th gen along with Lamy and is often seen as the more level-headed and calm member. She's also one of the most tech savvy with equipment and has helped a lot of members with their rigs when issues come up. And when Subaru or Botan themselves need support they have other members to lean on and SMOK or 5th Gen.

I only follow a few Nijisanji members so I'm not sure if they have an equivalent list of members that are regarded with that level of respect but I would gather that behind the scenes there are some members that help out where they can.

tldr: I fully agree and it has helped shape Hololive into the familial unit it is currently.

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」
Ame's got her schedule up and its a jam packed week. I'm looking forward to the Deep Sea review because gently caress the ocean. Also if anyone hasn't seen Lupin III: The Castle of Cagliostro now is your chance to watch along with Ame. Its a good movie.

https://twitter.com/watsonameliaEN/status/1417241882095063040?s=20

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」
EDIT: Not sure how it posted twice. Um...have some WataOji and the art of Ame in the Walfie Ame suit.

https://twitter.com/tsunomakiwatame/status/1417211269615013891?s=20

https://twitter.com/Shuuzo3/status/1417166616324886530?s=20

Revolver Bunker fucked around with this message at 01:07 on Jul 20, 2021

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」

Brunom1 posted:

Didn't read the 200+ posts in-depth once I realized what the whole discourse was about, though seeing the number of new posts did send a chill down my spine.

My thoughts are pretty much the same as Nielsm's post above. I don't see an issue with talking about content vtubers publically post on their alt accounts, so long as it's tagged, though I'll draw the line when folks start going over personal information that wasn't outright stated via such channels. Yes, I understand that said personal information is often deduced from stuff that they did reveal on stream, but there's no need to amplify it - purely out of respect for their private lives, if anything.

Also, I'll echo the sentiment that creating a new thread is fine (though I wouldn't say it MUST be done), but do not make a separate one with laxer rules with regards to discussing private information of Vtubers. If even this thread is prone to occasionally going over the line with regards to that, creating one that, by nature, is more open to such discussion is asking for it to quickly degenerate into even more bothersome topics. Best not to risk that.

I woke up to the same and had a instead hit of dread thinking oh god who is graduating or what poo poo storm has started in the Vtuber world. I'm glad it was neither of those. Sadly I actually did skim through most of it in case something came up in between. I'll third the consensus from Nielsm and Brunom1. I've had revealed to me by Youtube the people behind the curtains but I generally don't talk about them here since that other side isn't VTubers.

My opinion on the people behind the curtain and their other active channels is that its fine to mention them from time to time but don't start doing deep dives where you're comparing their VTuber streams to somehow piece together mysteries no one asked for. But it should still be in spoilers because there are some here that are here for the Vtuber entertainment and may not want to get into the reeds about past practices or side gigs. If people are interested in more they can move the conversation over to the PMs.

The Pekora Miko talk earlier seemed fine to me. For the most part the information brought up came up in either Pekora or Miko's streams from last year. The Zen and Korone talks got really weird real fast.

I'm fine with one thread and while it will be a lot of Hololive and Nijisanji posts its nice to see which indies people follow and it allows them to introduce them to others in this thread. I've been introduced to a few that I hadn't been following before.

Mokinokaro posted:

By the sounds of it, this is a pretty common opinion of EN as a whole. The cover was from their early days and despite the best editing efforts, it really shows.

Ina has also gone on record in stating that she wasn't really satisfied with how it turned out and was a bit frustrated that they could even record a retake of the song. It also really shows how different the management approach to the members were in October of last year compared to now. We're also 2 months away from HoloEN's first anniversary which is going to be wild. I'm also expecting then to be the announcement of the Hololive mascot plushes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」

Waffleman_ posted:

She's one away from the prank call.

Fell as I posted it.

And now she's prank calling EN members. Calli lucked out but a tired Ina answered. Gura's is low key having a internal meltdown from the pressure of calling someone and Ina is trolling Gura hard. Gura may not survive this stream.