Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

doomisland
Oct 5, 2004

CubeTheory posted:

I'm American and neither me nor my friends have ever had credit cards.

how do you pay for anything online

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

doomisland
Oct 5, 2004

CubeTheory posted:

I'm starting to think maybe people in this thread don't know the difference between a debit card and a credit card

lmfao

doomisland
Oct 5, 2004

please dont use debit cards online if you're in america ok bye

doomisland
Oct 5, 2004

zoomed in gettyimages pic

doomisland
Oct 5, 2004

Revolver Bunker posted:

If Polka was really using a telephone cable this whole time I'm really :psyduck: about how she's been able to stream. I suppose she technically can still send and receive data on the 4 wire telephone line but would be causing a huge bottleneck on both ends as an ethernet cable is 8 wire. But usually that kind of set up would immediately flag some sort of warning. I can't imagine her streaming all this time on a fraction of the bandwidth she should have.

I understood it as her computer was connected using a phone cable. So she was probably running 10M or 100M/Half duplex which wouldve caused issues depending on what shes doing