Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

god what are gura's superchats gonna look like

internet money comin' in hot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

Tabletops posted:

somewhat surprised that calliope ended up getting the most SC. Though I think her timeslot ended up being the most advantageous as it was hitting at least some portion of her western fanbase but at a great time in JP.

she also has i'm pretty sure the most total views. her song made a massive impact

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

let's talk about the masterful discipline of Bubba to not be losing his entire mind while this is going on

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

Waffleman_ posted:

This part right here is very mom with the THREE....TWO....

it was also like a PROFOUNDLY advanced move

i've been watching the money on playboard and she went up $2000 from doing that count and restarting it a couple times alone. that gambit got her $700.

now THAT'S what i call a pro gamer move

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

the pro strat is SCing kiara with references other than the big smoke

i've only heard one "Four fried chickens and a coke."

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

man she is just gonna get pummeled with Big Smokes forever until she gets mad about it

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

disclaimer: i am absolutely fine with kiara doing the self-dubbing

but i definitely have a couple weeb-rear end friends who got turned off from how much japanese Kiara used in her debut, mostly saying it's not what they're trying to sign up for from an english branch. there's room to disagree on it (i do) but it's not exactly a totally unfounded complaint

pretty rude to superchat her to complain about it, either way. cover corp has people checking the hashtags and conversations and listening to the feedback and passing it along as necessary.

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

Tsilkani posted:

I can't understand why people complain about Kiara speaking Japanese, because all of my favorite foreign Vtubers are ones that do partial English, because I can follow along better. I'm sure it's probably the same for a lot of the people complaining, which is hypocritical. You enjoy the JP Vtubers better when you can understand them, surely you can let the JP viewers have the same fun with one member of EN?

this is pretty much where i'm at. i saw a lot of japanese tweets like 'i couldn't understand anything but felt happy when i heard japanese. i understand overseas bros now'

meanwhile kiara has been doing this for over four hours and is going to die

EDIT: wait, is it 3 hours? i can't discern time any more, danke schoen

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

last thing i expected was a good sequel to eekum bokum

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

man, this isn't a good game

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

the fact that you can't see them on the map just takes it all the way over the edge. what the gently caress are you supposed to do? it's like pure RNG, but the generator is screaming at you

not at all a criticism of gura choosing to play this game: it looks like her current MO is to hit games that were trending amongst Hololive at some point like she's going through greatest hits, and, well, she's gotten 5k subs and 40k viewers so it's not an incorrect move by any stretch

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

CJ posted:

It's a jumpscare game, have a radar defeats the point.

the design flaw is coming from inside the house!!

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_eVKqwBhk3Q

haachama and watame are being adorable while building something adorable in minecraft

extremely healing

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

Viridiant posted:

I mean the game seems to give you plenty of audio cues to know that enemies are close.

it doesn't save you to know how close enemies are in pac-man. the entire game of pac-man is using your awareness of the board to avoid getting trapped in a corner. you have literally no tools to do this in Dark Deception if, say, an enemy appears at one end of a hallway and another one shows up at the other before you get there

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

watame too sheep to wake up

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

Stairmaster posted:

the japanese skull has divots that impede formation of the comedy lobe

very funny ! C@@L post

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

that is the video that locked me in

PEKO PEKO PEKO

I HOPE YOU LIKE VR HORROR PEKO PEKO PEKO

*noel's primal screaming*

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

Pekora is either blighted by God or the instrument through which God blights others. No other configuration.

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

calli was extra-tired because she was ramjamming those songs together apparently last minute from some of the stuff she said

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

any chance that'll just get edited out so it can be posted back up or are those of us who watched amelia get killed by bots instead now defeated

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

Liar Lyre posted:

Why do people gotta act like that? Now they’ll probably have to spend more time vetting SC names before reading them, or maybe stop reading SC all together.

the latter will not happen. reading superchats is the entire mechanism upon which the money is made.

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

Bloody Pom posted:

Is this reverse-findomming?

Finsubbing?

https://twitter.com/BooDooPerson/status/1308215822062682118

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

every time someone typed 'im baby' on twitter, they didn't become any more baby, all that energy just gathered in one place to form luna

who is now about to die live on stream

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

SpartanIvy posted:

Since the stream is private, what did Calli say on a hot mic that was so bad?

she didn't even say anything on the hot mic, i think you could vaguely hear a toilet flush or something

it was more another akachat getting her to say something Unwise than the hot mic that got it privated, i think, though Cover PROBABLY doesn't want people to get in the habit of leaving hot mics

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

kirbysuperstar posted:

You know what Youtube is consistent about? Not doing poo poo to people who bring in the big bucks.

coco's been demonetized a couple times and was straight up banned from streaming by YT once, IIRC

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

they are certain to

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

Captain Cappy posted:

Once in Japanese, once in English.

sou sou sou sou sou sou sou

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

SpartanIvy posted:

Pikamee and Roberu have a collab tomorrow. :parrot:

YEEEAAHHHHHHHH!!!

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

Eej posted:

I feel like even if it's funny to do it, it's probably a bad idea to immediately dumpster the entire male cast of the (only?) big CN mobage that actually has male and female characters together in its roster when you're still new and developing a following

if a statistically significant amount of viewers cared enough about that to stop watching kiara i'd be flabbergasted

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

zawa...

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

when the vtuber has actively hinted at their past persona it can hardly be called "ghoulishly digging around".

i don't care about this debacle one way or the other but acting like people who are legitimately interested in the content the vtubers did before they were hired by hololive are in fact terrible goblins is way creepier than the other way around

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

I've seen 30%/35%/35% from multiple sources, not to mention the streamers get a salary aside from that take, and I'm pretty sure there are bonuses that get thrown around too.

Calli made enough money in less than a week to move, get the microphone she's always wanted, and a new PC on top of all of that. If the money was at all shaky, I'm sure we'd've seen more graduations than we have. We've really got no data on whether or not Cover helps out with buying equipment, but given that streams are occurring almost round-the-clock, I'm sure their support overhead is non-trivial.

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

i am confident that rushia can perform a seichusen godanzuki

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

Stairmaster posted:

watame cannot be trusted

watame did nothing wrong

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

watame did one thing wrong

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

i have neither seen amelia play like poo poo on purpose to spike a team out of salt or turn on voice chat to yell gamer words so currently she is Toxic Gamer (Bit) and not Toxic Gamer (Actual)

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

here to post yubi yubi

EDIT: i can't believe cage's just launching into a trump impression to highlight insanity, this movie rules

Patware fucked around with this message at 01:12 on Sep 25, 2020

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

some people might think this is an off-topic derail but everything about wrestling and vtubers is the same except for hazardous flips

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

Stink Billyums posted:

Kanata. No surprise who's on the bottom.

1 Amane Kanata 20
2 A-Chan 18
3 Shirogane Noel 16
4 Tokino Sora 14
5 Usada Pekora 12
6 Aki Rosenthal 9
〃 Sakura Miko 9
〃 Hoshimachi Suisei 9
9 Shirakami Fubuki 8
〃 Shiranui Flare 8
〃 Tokoyami Towa 8
12 Nakiri Ayame 7
〃 Ookami Mio 7
〃 Kiryu Coco 7
15 Oozora Subaru 6
16 Natsuiro Matsuri 5
〃 Houshou Marine 5
18 Murasaki Shion 4
〃 Roboco-san 4
〃 Inugami Korone 4
〃 Nekomata Okayu 4
〃 Uruha Rushia 4
〃 Tsunomaki Watame 4
24 Akai Haato 2
〃 Yozora Mel 2
26 Minato Aqua 1

just plugging that into google translate made a little bit of a mess so i tinkered it into readability

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

trucutru posted:

Who's Dude Love then?

Man, the hololive lore is complicated.

haachama speaking english

cactus jack is haachama in a kitchen