Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Lets talk about how amazing Patrick Mahomes is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about Derek Carr's stolen MVP awards, those dastardly refs, and, oh yeah, having the absolute worst fucking gimmick in The Football Funhouse.
Derek Carr going for 4,200/30 this year. Raiders going 11-5.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

MrLogan posted:

Derek Carr going for 4,200/30 this year. Raiders going 11-5.

I think it's more likely Gruden hits that blood pressure than Carr passes for it

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
The thread title is mean

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

a neat cape posted:

The thread title is mean

I started to make a thread a few times earlier today and couldn't decide on which mean or smug title to go for.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
From a pure arm strength perspective do the AFC west QBs have in some order #2-4 arms in the league? Well, once Herbert takes over that is.

I mean we only know one of the monster arms is actually good and Carr is still the second best QB in the division until proven differently. But man it's like the whole division minus the Raiders decided they were going to find someone who could throw lasers.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
Where my Lockamaniacs at

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE
Raiders suck. Go Broncos.

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE
Oh and I know they're not in our division but gently caress the Patriots too. I hope they're a shitshow this year.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

https://twitter.com/MySportsUpdate/status/1301173483544686597?s=19

yay

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
Has there ever been a "O poo poo we botched the surgery and now his knee is grafted onto his shoulder" tweet?

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

Eifert Posting posted:

Has there ever been a "O poo poo we botched the surgery and now his knee is grafted onto his shoulder" tweet?

man I was just coming here to ask the same question

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013
I haven't paid a ton of attention to football in the offseason, because
*gestures at the rest of 2020*

It is entirely unsurprising and the most Chargers thing in the world that the best safety we've had in ages missed most of last year and all of this season if it even lasts into week 4. Can't even script it.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Eifert Posting posted:

I figured this is what happened with the last Andrew Luck surgery

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I think I remember a story about a botched surgury a couple years back to a relatively well known player late in his career but for the life of me I can't recall any details.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Better Than You posted:

Where my Lockamaniacs at

Broncos are a Lock for the playoffs :fsmug:

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Gonna ride Locktober all the way to 8 and 8

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

https://twitter.com/Chargers/status/1301601535604924418?s=19

Doctor Teeth
Sep 12, 2008

lol @ darwin thompson trying to direct blocks after he catches the fumble sorensen created during the divisional round vs. the texans

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
May God curse the Chargers in perpetuity until they return to their proper home in San Diego.

Sorry Ross.

Dr_Strangelove
Dec 16, 2003

Mein Fuhrer! THEY WON!

RIP Von Miller, dead of Bronco-19

Pryor on Fire
May 14, 2013

they don't know all alien abduction experiences can be explained by people thinking saving private ryan was a documentary

Bowlen millionaire children posted:

We are not back to normal. Empower Field at Mile High will look and feel very different this year. In addition to mask and social distancing requirements, seating will be done in small pods and sections will be broken into groups,” Bowlen said. “Our organization is hopeful that this is the start to gradually increasing fans at Broncos games this season, but we understand that that takes the entire community, both on game days and in our daily lives doing our part

just loling so hard at empower field, I guess invesco and sports authority both have histories of fraud and corruption so deep they had to get a new sponsor. I feel so empowered. There are teams from LA and Vegas in the AFCW? What?

Pay your loving taxes you piece of poo poo.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
Invesco's naming rights deal eventually ran out and Sports Authority went bankrupt. Also I'm guessing you took a break from football for a while because teams from Vegas and LA being in the AFCW has been common knowledge for a while.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
I am extremely uninterested in this NFL season but I suppose I'll watch Pat sling it for a few hours tomorrow

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

https://twitter.com/Chargers/status/1303774682630348801?s=19

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

SHOAH NUFF posted:

I am extremely uninterested in this NFL season but I suppose I'll watch Pat sling it for a few hours tomorrow

Same. I don't know how often I'll be watching but I've yet to sign up for Red Zone and I don't know if I will.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

How can any of you fools be uninterested in this the strangest season of NFL since WW2 and also the only thing I live for

Kull the Conqueror
Apr 8, 2006

Take me to the green valley,
lay the sod o'er me,
I'm a young cowboy,
I know I've done wrong
If the chargers, raiders, or broncos manage to beat KC once it will be a moral victory for all.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

kiimo posted:

How can any of you fools be uninterested in this the strangest season of NFL since WW2 and also the only thing I live for

Its harder to be interested when you know your team is bad going into it

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling

kiimo posted:

Because I think quite a few star players will miss many weeks due to covid tests, and am not sure how the season will play out. I’m hoping it goes great actually, I agree that it’s my main thing in the fall

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE
Holy crap, without a preseason I was caught off guard this morning to find out today the NFL is back. I'll definitely be watching. NFL is my jam and this poo poo's gonna be weird.

Also, we get to see the raiders play in the Hall Of Doom finally. gently caress them anyway.

And I expect the Broncos to suck so there's that. Don't suck, Drew!

Doctor Teeth
Sep 12, 2008

osemele looked good. lol @ the jets for loving that whole situation up

acidx
Sep 24, 2019

right clicking is stealing
let everyone elses fans come back but make the chiefs fans stay home

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Reminder that the good Chiefs fans did stay home and the chuddiest of chud fans from the hillbilliest corners of KC were at the game.

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about Derek Carr's stolen MVP awards, those dastardly refs, and, oh yeah, having the absolute worst fucking gimmick in The Football Funhouse.
I'm sad that we didn't even get a full half out of Ruggs before his knee was destroyed.

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

LEFT 4 DEAD IS A LOT LIKE FOOTBALL - I JERK OFF TO BOTH
Maybe if Gruden wasn't trying to get so loving cute with him, his knee would be fine right now. Let the guy play receiver and stop treating him like a gadget guy.

Jacobs is a goddamn wrecking ball.

Abram was the only decent guy on D today. Looking forward to him kill-shotting people all year.

Black Sunshine fucked around with this message at 23:00 on Sep 13, 2020

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Yo Ross. Name a charity. I will be hitting up the ACLU Sun if I don't hear from you prior.

PS: AJ was robbed, I'm counting it as 1:1 but you get ties. :saddowns:

Kull the Conqueror
Apr 8, 2006

Take me to the green valley,
lay the sod o'er me,
I'm a young cowboy,
I know I've done wrong
I hate getting saddled with the rear end-end of a double-header in the first week of every year. It always goes too late for football on a weeknight.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

It's good to be in first place!

Not so fast Denver.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

I can't believe Fangio played like he was 10 points up instead of down.