Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

look mother look at ME MOTHER MOTHER I AM A HOMESTIXK NOW

**methodically removes and eats own clothes*
every time i see a jet in the sky i think about the impending environmental disasters that are considered "inevitable" in the name of corporate profiteering

i absolutely refuse to drive between 10am to 1pm in small towns cause grand "too proud for glasses" pa is leaving church or the denny's after church

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001
I call em Tonys in your honor

Captain Dickweed
Mar 3, 2003

Yes, that kitty is probably the head of a multi-national conglomerated business...uh...thing.

I'm so afraid to fly I literally have to take a sedative if I have to get on a plane for any length of time. If I was meant to fly I'd have wings on my back damnit!

Driving the major roads where I live will definitely give you transphobia, every drive to and from work I have to avoid 2-3 people hitting my car at minimum.

CountryMatters
Apr 8, 2009

IT KEEPS HAPPENING
The Genuine Transphobia Megathread

Mooey Cow
Jan 27, 2018

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Pillbug
I'm deathly afraid of being run over by trains and keep a rear view mirror with me at all times just in case but I just know one of these days one of those big bastards are gonna sneak up on me while I take out the trash or something and flatten me.

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
I like riding my bicycle except for the constant fear of getting murdered by automobiles

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

If to live in this style is to be eccentric, it must be confessed that there is something good in eccentricity.

Grimey Drawer

Captain Dickweed posted:

If I was meant to fly I'd have wings on my back damnit!

By that logic, you shouldn't ride in a car either.

Captain Dickweed
Mar 3, 2003

Yes, that kitty is probably the head of a multi-national conglomerated business...uh...thing.

Shadow0 posted:

By that logic, you shouldn't ride in a car either.

You're right but I feel more safe and comfortable behind the wheel than I do in a plane, even though statistics say the opposite. The human brain is a weird thing.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

Captain Dickweed posted:

You're right but I feel more safe and comfortable behind the wheel than I do in a plane, even though statistics say the opposite. The human brain is a weird thing.

You are much safer behind the wheel of a car you can't fly a plane dumbo! You'd kill everyone on board if you ever managed to take off.

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

If to live in this style is to be eccentric, it must be confessed that there is something good in eccentricity.

Grimey Drawer

Captain Dickweed posted:

Planes are cool because they are driven by experts. Cars are full of people who think they are experts.

I actually really hate driving. I always seem to get super sleepy basically immediately, which is obviously not great. I also never feel like I can properly account for the shape of the car in tight places. Or when someone is behind you and they clearly want you to go faster, but you don't want to, but they can't pass you... Anyway, I'm just full of anxiety when driving. I'd really rather never do it.

Captain Dickweed
Mar 3, 2003

Funky See Funky Do posted:

You are much safer behind the wheel of a car you can't fly a plane dumbo! You'd kill everyone on board if you ever managed to take off.

I never said I was the one flying the plane? :shrug:

Shadow0 posted:

Planes are cool because they are driven by experts. Cars are full of people who think they are experts.

I actually really hate driving. I always seem to get super sleepy basically immediately, which is obviously not great. I also never feel like I can properly account for the shape of the car in tight places. Or when someone is behind you and they clearly want you to go faster, but you don't want to, but they can't pass you... Anyway, I'm just full of anxiety when driving. I'd really rather never do it.

I actually love driving, I drive a lot for my job and my wife always has me drive when we go places together. I think part of it is that I feel in control when I drive, but yeah, pilots are very good at their job and all that but it's something I've never been able to get past mentally.

a dmc delorean
Jul 2, 2006

Live the dream

Captain Dickweed posted:

part of it is that I feel in control when I drive

a pretty essential part of driving id say!

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

i really hate that time between midnight and 3am on a public rail, it's always a mixup between getting the car where people are loving, or throwing up, or about to fight, or just really want to tell you about their god and how u will burn in hell cause ur not sucking their gods cock 24/7. half the time the doors between cars are locked too so ur just stuck with it unless u wanna pay for another fare or take ur chances being accused of train hopping

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
I'm just scared I'll fall asleep and miss my stop.

SnotGrumble
Jun 4, 2003

All men live in fear of him and his Moxie.
I get very nervous driving on the highway near large pickup trucks. I assume they are being driven by a hyper-aggressive 20 year old that has to show the world how alpha they are. You can be in the left lane going 20 over the limit to pass someone, and they'll get right on your rear end because it isn't fast enough for them for some reason. The dumbest, most dangerous things I've seen someone do on the highway were done by someone in a pickup truck.

shoeberto
Jun 13, 2020

which way to the MACHINES?
From like early 2019 up through July I had to make a lot of regular 5 hour drives to my old house while we did renovations/rented it out/prepared it for sale, and the amount of time I spent on the road started making me super anxious. Like seeing accidents on the road and knowing that, no matter how safe a driver you are, getting into an accident is a matter of probability, and the more you're on the road the more you increase that probability.

Covid made it worse because I didn't feel safe stopping at rest areas anymore in rural PA - I kept seeing chuds in the parking lot who clearly did not give a poo poo about safety guidelines - so I would just plow on through the whole trip for 5 hours at a time without stopping, which is not great.

Man. Just thinking about it, I feel pretty lucky I never had any real issues during that whole thing.

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017
every single car i've driven has been totaled by someone else. egregious red light blowing twice. once, was stuck in bumper-to-bumper traffic and some shitfucker came barreling through and rear-ended me @ 45 miles per hour in their minivan.

its all morons out there careening into each other in pursuit of happy meals

i deserve a loving james bond car this point, justice motherfuckers! just hellfire missiles out the front end and popped tires for all these other motorists. gently caress them and gently caress wherever they're going to

Fiddler on the Reef
Apr 29, 2011

this one time I was riding in the car with this girl and she was getting awfully touchy feely from the passenger seat and then she whipped out her dong and I was like "ahh!"

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe
just brutally wailing on a car with baseball bats, crowbars, bricks, whatever i can find while screaming car slurs at the top of my lungs, horrified onlookers filming me with their phones hoping to be a social media superstar by deploring my transphobia on twitter

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe
JK Rowling gleefully mistreating the Weasleys' magic car in Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets

Universe Master
Jun 20, 2005

Darn Fine Pie

For me, personally, I am happy staying in cisalpine gaul. Good thread, OP.

de_dust
Jan 21, 2009

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Captain Dickweed posted:

I'm so afraid to fly I literally have to take a sedative if I have to get on a plane for any length of time. If I was meant to fly I'd have wings on my back damnit!

Driving the major roads where I live will definitely give you transphobia, every drive to and from work I have to avoid 2-3 people hitting my car at minimum.

this is pretty cool that means you pretty much take a time travel pill and wake up at your location. pretty blessed

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope
During the penultimate flight that I took, I fell into such a deep sleep that I ended up in a position that cut off the circulation to my ring & pinky fingers, so I guess I'm scared of something like that happening to my other hand.

Regardless, not being able to stay awake on a plane sounds so much nicer than not being able to sleep on a plane, even if it means I have to pay extra for window seats so I don't bother anyone.

edit: also, when I could drive, the idea that a spider could descend on me & cause me to crash into someone/something bothered the poo poo out of me.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"
:gb2fyad:

Origin
Feb 15, 2006

So I hear a new Harry Potter book is out.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"

Origin posted:

So I hear a new Harry Potter book is out.

"Harry Potter and the Codex of Biotruths"

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

A Giant Plane

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

cyclists on a narrow city road scare the poo poo out of me when im driving. ive had people literally jump the curve into my path like 10 feet away before and i dont wanna blast them

a starchy tuber
Sep 9, 2002

hi yes I'm very normal
People who drift from one lane to the other without signaling or a loving care in the world are the worst and I will murder them all.

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost
can you play league of legends with me

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

I have a very small TV. Don't make fun of it! Please don't shame it like that~

Grimey Drawer
I'm pretty sure that if I ever try those electric scooter things that are everywhere I will immediately die

dracky
Nov 8, 2010

in high school there were a lot of anti-drunk driving presentations and they were all really intense. There was one where they played car crash noises in the middle of the presentation without warning, cause a real car crash happens when you don't expect it, and then right after they played a recording of a mother being told her son died in a car crash. It was a total "scared straight" deal, driving school was the same deal, don't you know how dangerous cars are you stupid kids? you stop paying attention for a second you're DEAD or you hit someone and KILL THEM and RUIN THEIR FAMILIES FOREVER. you little poo poo kids have no idea you better PAY ATTENTION and DON'T gently caress UP or you're DEAD and everybody's DEAD and their HEADS GO FLYING OFF LOOK IT'S A CHILD'S SHOE WITH A SEVERED FOOT STILL INSIDE LOOK AT THE BLOOD AND GLASS AND TWISTED METAL THEY'RE DEAD EVERYONE'S DEAD YOU KILLED THEM ALL

wait you don't want to drive?? how come??

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

Grimey Drawer

promising carl posted:

People who drift from one lane to the other without signaling or a loving care in the world are the worst and I will murder them all.

My father does this, and many more horrendous, sudden movements, while shouting about how everyone else is the idiot. I absolutely loathe driving with him.

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

Tonetta posted:

cyclists on a narrow city road scare the poo poo out of me when im driving. ive had people literally jump the curve into my path like 10 feet away before and i dont wanna blast them

my street is two lanes and 45mph and has a sidewalk on one side and a nice, paved bike path on the other side - i have literally never seen a cyclist using the bike path in the five years I’ve lived here, they always ride right in the loving street at 30mph and while I never want to hit one I always hope they fall and eat poo poo down the entire hill

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

something about spandex shorts turns the wearer into an absolute loving brain donor I swear

eSports Chaebol
Feb 22, 2005

Yeah, actually, gamers in the house forever,
its frankly insane that we allow amateur driving on public roads and it only happened because cars used to be slower and got faster over time. its so much more dangerous than every other activity we consider acceptable and normal and not EXTREME and so many people do it every day. its why delivering pizzas is more dangerous than being a cop

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I'll never understand the particular brand of transphobia that says nearly any human is a reasonable pilot for a car, but a computer is somehow too dangerous.

Personally, I'm a lot more afraid of the humans.

Fanelien
Nov 23, 2003

trainsphobia? who'd be afraid of a train?

OMFG FURRY
Jul 10, 2006

[snarky comment]

Shadow0 posted:

I'll never understand the particular brand of transphobia that says nearly any human is a reasonable pilot for a car, but a computer is somehow too dangerous.

Personally, I'm a lot more afraid of the humans.

its a lot harder to punish a computer program than a bad driver

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

Grimey Drawer

OMFG FURRY posted:

its a lot harder to punish a computer program than a bad driver

You could install Bonzi Buddy.