Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler
... and now she is married to the guy that she fictionally dated on the show. He was 20 at the time. Is it just me or is that kiiiinda messed up? Supposedly they didn't date until later on but I dunno it just seems odd to me to marry someone you basically grew up around like that. I guess when I first heard they got married I thought it was kinda cute but I never thought about their ages.

Maybe I'm just making it creepy retrospectively and maybe it's not that weird. Just having trouble picturing myself having that kind of relationship with a guy I knew while a teenager. Then again I'm not an actor so maybe that plays into their relationship somehow. I dunno y'all I just got kinda creeped out by it! At this point their relationship is perfectly legal and I hope they are happy together honestly but still... hmmmm

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Mila Kunis owns. I hope that she wasn't groomed but her public persona at least makes me think that that probably didn't happen, but who knows

dudeness
Mar 5, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Fallen Rib
It was the 70's, things were different.

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
That sucks dude, must be like being frozen in time on the 2000s show. I bet they’ll start hissing at each other if they have to live together lol.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
Wait Mila Kunis married ..ok I'm going to remember this without googling. I saw him in the butterfly effect like a week ago (not a bad movie all things considered) Ashton Kucher!

Mila Kunis married Ashton Kucher? Wasn't he married to Demi Moore?

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012

Wikipedia posted:

Kunis began dating actor Macaulay Culkin in 2002.[178][179] During their relationship, there were rumors of the couple getting married, but Kunis denied them.[...] On January 3, 2011, Kunis' publicist confirmed reports that Kunis and Culkin had ended their relationship, saying, "The split was amicable, and they remain close friends."[178]

Kunis began dating her former That '70s Show co-star Ashton Kutcher in April 2012.[184][185] They became engaged in February 2014,[186] and married during the first weekend of July 2015 in Oak Glen, California.[187] The couple have two children: a daughter born in October 2014[188][189] and a son born in November 2016.[190]

You're just making it creepy in retrospect and it's not weird, she was 27 loving years old when she started dating Ashton Kutcher.

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Wait, did she marry the cynical emotionless drifter robot dude or the gangly boisterous playboy with the devil may care attitude? :thunk:

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler
Oh yeah I guess I could have clarified I forgot about that whole love triangle thing. She married Ashton Kutcher aka Kelso.
Fair enough maybe nobody else finds it creepy. She did lie about her age when she auditioned apparently, that's why she's so much younger than the rest of the cast. But hey, she became amazingly famous for that role so who could blame her?

Pot Smoke Phoenix
Aug 15, 2007

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Dinosaur Gum
It's just an elaborate plot for a future episode of Punk'd, and Ashton's gonna tell her it was just a big joke

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Wilmer Valderrama was way creepier

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

:derp:   :kayak:                                     

Schweinhund fucked around with this message at 23:19 on Sep 25, 2020

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
the show basically projected to the audience that its ok to watch that girl with barely pubescent features in a bunch of sexual scenarios because she (surely) hits a number that makes it "ok." then the reveal and it turns out the viewers and the people behind the show are all creepier than they wouldve thought

its really well-done performance art disguised as a sitcom

eSports Chaebol
Feb 22, 2005

Yeah, actually, gamers in the house forever,
to be fair ashton kutcher has a fairly solid defense that he's okay with either direction of age gap

A Grand Egg
Jan 12, 2020

by Pragmatica
Gotta find something to stay permanently aggrieved, I guess.

dudeness
Mar 5, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Fallen Rib

eSports Chaebol posted:

to be fair ashton kutcher has a fairly solid defense that he's okay with either direction of age gap

First time anyone's ever implied hes got range.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

if you think how mila kunis turned out was weird you should read up on Danny Masterson (Hyde)

or maybe don't. really scummy poo poo.

eSports Chaebol
Feb 22, 2005

Yeah, actually, gamers in the house forever,
has anyone asked mila kunis if she supports the annexation of crimea? she is a russian ukranian after all

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

Excelzior posted:

if you think how mila kunis turned out was weird you should read up on Danny Masterson (Hyde)

or maybe don't. really scummy poo poo.
its weird for a regular person yet the first thing i guessed it would be about him

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Millet walker

WILDTURKEY101
Mar 7, 2005

Look to your left. Look to your right. Only one of you is going to pass this course.
She was a well grown adult when they got together. And it seems like Ashton Kutcher is a good dude and his organization, THORN, has done significant work against human trafficking. Its fine.

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006

If you count them all, this sentence has exactly seventy-two characters.

DarkSoulsTantrum posted:

Wilmer Valderrama was way creepier

It's hard imaging Handy Mandy being 40 and his fiancee being 28, but I'm not sure I'd call that creepy.

Also, man dude gets around.

Wikipedia posted:

Valderrama dated actress Lindsay Lohan in 2004 and Demi Lovato from 2010–2016. In January 2020, Valderrama got engaged to Amanda Pacheco. Previous to that he had dated Mandy Moore and Ashlee Simpson.

Edit: oh god, I take it back. He met Demi Lovato when he was 17, and they started dating when she was 18 (he was 30 :pedo:).

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Ashton went from robbing the grave to robbing the cradle

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

Are you implying she was groomed or something? I think he was dating and maybe even married to Demi Moore during that 70s show.

OMFG FURRY
Jul 10, 2006

[snarky comment]
thanks for reminding me that i haven't watched this show in nearly a decade op and i will continue to do so

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
30 rock and 3rd rock from the sun are way funnier anyway

Inverted Icon
Apr 8, 2020

by Athanatos
Michael!

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

yeah it's hosed up OP, but it's not like i was able to enjoy the show anymore now that time has revealed pretty much everyone involved to be creeps.

Gringo Heisenberg
May 30, 2009

:dukedog:

gary oldmans diary posted:

30 rock and 3rd rock from the sun are way funnier anyway

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mccFsim-RRQ

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
im in season 5 ep 20 of my binge right now. its absolutely solid

gonna take a brief break to watch the first season 2 episodes of the boys

Gringo Heisenberg
May 30, 2009

:dukedog:
everything about it works. this thread should be about 3rd rock from the sun now

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xx18XDUUp3E

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
I get that the age gap is weird and that she met him when she was young, but she was 27 when they started dating and at a certain point doesn't it become kind of infantilizing to suggest that she has no agency in the matter by suggesting it was because she was groomed?

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
They are 37 and 42 loving years old. Seriously how warped does your sense of normal have to be to even begin to think there's something sinister or creepy about their relationship.

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Milo and POTUS posted:

Ashton went from robbing the grave to robbing the cradle

Lol “smash it in” kutcher :airquote:

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

And now she would like you to buy some goddamn whiskey. What's the point?

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

sound's liked she got "punk'd" haha just a little humor for you op

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

ClamdestineBoyster posted:

Wait, did she marry the cynical emotionless drifter robot dude or the gangly boisterous playboy with the devil may care attitude? :thunk:

The cynical emotionless drifter dude, as you describe him, is a Scientologist and a rapist.

She married the other guy. Who was also married to Demi Moore for a time.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Fartington Butts posted:

Technically it’s BOURBON whiskey

You’re welcome! :viggo:

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

Gringo Heisenberg posted:

everything about it works. this thread should be about 3rd rock from the sun now

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xx18XDUUp3E

Okay, done. Make it happen.

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
do you think he was grooming her or just that it's weird that they knew each other when the age gap was more significant than it is when they started dating?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moo the cow
Apr 30, 2020

Fartington Butts posted:

I saw one of those commercials and the only takeaway i took was that she's clearly never drunk a single glass of whisky in her whole goddamn life and she's only doing it for the paycheck.