Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Silly Burrito posted:

How does Gase still have a job?

Peyton Manning

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Hizawk posted:

How long do you need to deliberate from being torched by one of the worst QBs in the league for the third year in a row before you realize maybe your defensive minded head coach should be fired?

did he still have the pencil behind his ear yesterday

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

I have reached my limit and it will be a struggle from here on out

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

where was matt patricia when columbia exploded?

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Even with Saquon out the giants are inexcusable

yeah I mean they're playing a game against a team that is missing half their starters so no excuses today

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

FizFashizzle posted:

do you think they're for sure sure going to move on from darnold if they can get fields or lawrence?

I mean...it’s the Jets so who knows?

But lol if they keep trying to make Darnold a thing if they get their hands on one of those two guys.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

I loved Tony Sparano. That son of a bitch fist pumped every field goal like he just won the super bowl.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

lol

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

a patagonian cavy posted:

dunno why Zac Taylor isn’t on the hot seat

Joe Burrow needs consistency!!!

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

the jets must fire gase immediately and start winning some games

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Better Than You posted:

I completely forgot that Chip Kelly coached the Niners

what the hell?

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Hizawk posted:

I played Hades instead once Stafford went down.

If Stafford gets traded next off-season, I may seriously take that team as my new favourite team.

gently caress this team so hard.

For coach speak, I'm pretty sure the Lions have at least five other instances in Patricia's tenure of a TD being scored with only 10, (AND IN ONE INSTANCE I THINK IT WAS 9!) players on the field.

You won’t switch teams. They’ll fire Patricia and hire a new coach and suck you back in! :haw:

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Parallelwoody posted:

I don't know the longer I'm down here the easier it is to just quit paying attention to the Lions and become more interested in the Titans. At least they can win a playoff game.

for some reason I imagined you typed this from hell

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

baby chairs

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

The only tricky thing with getting rid of Lynn is that Herbert seems to be realizing his potential, which is something that never happened in college. I'm not sure how much it has to do with his coaches, but I know Pep Hamilton has a good reputation for working with young QB's.

They really need to surround him with the right staff if they get rid of Lynn.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Mega64 posted:

Here's an important philosophical question. Who's worse, Hue Jackson or Adam Gase?

Hue Jackson

Gase made the playoffs in Miami, as unbelievable as that may sound

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Tony Dungy was on the Miami Dolphins bullygate task force committee and we haven't had a single bullying issue since!

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

dude is gonna be almost 63 when the 2021 season starts

has anyone got a new HC job that late in their career and had success

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

If I was Deshaun and my team hired Brian Schottenheimer as HC, I would immediately demand a trade

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

You could post a twitter poll and get a better recommendation than Schotty lol

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

No one knows who will be a good GM.

Maybe Riddick will be good. Who knows :shrug:

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

I wonder if Rhule says

“That Rhules”

when something good happens in his life

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

an excuse to post one of my favorite memes

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

FizFashizzle posted:

rumors that jeff ireland is a candidate in carolina

He’s apparently responsible for a lot of the good moves he Saints have made :shrug:

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Urbz did a good job winning games while he was at each school, but he is not responsible for building either program. They were both powerhouses with insane resources and recruiting advantages when he got there.

At Florida he won one title mostly with Ron Zook's players, then another title with a roster filled with loving nightmare human beings like Aaron Hernandez, the Pouncey twins, Chris Rainey, etc.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

half cocaine posted:

Lol that you guys think a loving Ohio dipshit dinosaur will succeed in the NFL.

The funny thing is, I don’t think any Florida or Ohio State fans think he’d do well lol

Ehud fucked around with this message at 03:04 on Dec 29, 2020

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

lol if Mullen ends up with the Jets I will never stop laughing

also I don’t see any way Ryan Day leaves tOSU

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

shirts and skins posted:

Doesn't he also have, like, health problems, maybe of the mental variety? Wasn't exactly a picture of stability towards the end of his career.

He was talking about Dan Mullen.

You’re thinking of Urban Meyer.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

dougy doug gone

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1346094654417207299?s=20

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

How many guys made the jump directly from college to a first time NFL HC job and had success?

Jimmy Johnson
Jim Harbaugh

who else?

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

DariusLikewise posted:

If I had to rank the openings it would be

1. Jets/Jags
These are pretty interchangable to me. You get the opportunity to draft a top-shelf rookie QB who is cost controlled for 5 years and a ton of cap room to build a team around them quickly. That's a lot of time to load up on expensive free agent talent and make trades until you have to make hard decisions in five years.

2. Chargers
Less cap room but Herbert is good and cost controlled for four more years. A lot of their expensive guys can be cut now for cap savings so you can pretty much remould the team starting now and try and win. The only problem is you have Mahomes in your division.

3. Lions
You could probably get a couple years out of the offense and Matt Stafford with the right coach but the defense is loaded with lovely Patriots-way guys. Couple different ways you could go but you can probably spend a year with the team as-is to evaluate then completely tear down in 2022 when the guaranteed money for a lot of guys goes away.

4. Atlanta
Matt Ryan is 3 years older than Stafford and the cap is a mess. At least they still have all their draft picks? Matt Ryan is very tradeable but can the team stomach like 2 years of Mariota or Bridgewater until you can draft someone.

5. Texans
lol

Hmm.

Deshaun Watson is 25 and a top 5 QB.

He alone makes the Texans job super attractive.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

lol what the hell are you going to glean from an interview with Jason Garrett that’s going to help you against the Giants

“Tell us about Joe Judge. Is it true that he cries if somebody disrespects the shield?”

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

I’m convinced that Urban Meyer will be a disaster.

I hope he gets the job.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

The best coaches are the ones who aren’t even sure they want to be coaches.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

On a yacht? Is he James Bond villain?

The Khan family is kind of famous for yacht related activities.

They have a yacht called Kismet that is worth like 200 million.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kismet_(yacht)

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

I'm so into this

His eventual exit from this team is guaranteed to be hilarious

dude is running out of organs to blame for when he needs an escape hatch

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Grittybeard posted:

I get what you're saying and I almost totally agree, but something has to be going on there other than simply adding Diggs right?

according to our resident bills fans, daboll is a poo poo play caller even though his offense is first/second in points and yards :shrug:

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Sheen Sheen posted:

Literally the only gameplan Bills fans have complained about this year was last week’s and I think that’s valid given that some of the dumber decisions almost ended up costing them yet another wild card game that wouldn’t have existed in years past, stop acting like people have been making GBS threads on him all year

Search "daboll" in the AFC East thread and you'll get quite a few posts from Bills fans hating on him during the regular season. It's mostly taste and Lance, with a couple others thrown in there.

But even if we just count the Indy game, the posts last week about Daboll were insane.

"STOP RUNNING THE BALL. WHY IS HE SO OBSESSED WITH RUNNING THE BALL? GET THIS FAT gently caress OUT OF HERE"

there were 21 rushing attempts vs 35 passing attempts lol

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Lance of Llanwyln posted:

The 2020 Buffalo Bills should never run the ball more than twice in a row

wrong!!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

Fans always hate their OC even when the team's offense is great, because somehow, goshdarnit, it should be even better and perfect!

This is the correct answer.

Anyways, I think Daboll would be a lovely HC but who the hell knows? I'm wrong about football a LOT.