Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Barudak posted:

Doesn't he have some dopey manchild hes actually blood related to?

I don't know that I would call Steve dopey. He's also been the pats defensive play caller for a few seasons now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

rocketry isn't necessarily difficult - it just requires understanding of a certain type of calculus and time series equations. modern rocket science is just a form of engineering. nothing more special about it than any other calculus based profession.

interesting note, some of the calculus for rocket trajectory is used in the pricing of options on the securities market. The Black Scholes Merton formula uses Itô's Lemma which is a calculation to determine the derivative of a time-dependent function of a random process as a part of the model. It was developed by Kiyoshi Itô back when rocketry was a relatively new field of study in the 1930s.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

My entire point is that someone being a "rocket scientist" in 2020 just means that they have a STEM degree in a rocketry related field and literally just use math that axis scientists came up with almost a century ago.

All that you need to get a STEM degree is to be able to survive through some of the harder math classes. Some people have an easier time with calculus than others. It doesn't mean they're smarter. It just means they're good at math.

Patricia is probably really good at math, but that obviously doesn't translate to being a good football coach.

e: note I'm a bit of a math nerd, but I do not personally have a STEM degree. I have BS in eco with minor in math and a MS in Finance.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Rectal Placenta posted:

Lol, I wish that's how it actually worked.

I know it's harder than just that, but if you can make it past calc II, you can generally handle anything coming down the STEM pipeline. That's used as a weedout class for a reason. I'm also oversimplifying for effect because Patricia is a dumbdumb.

Yeah I'm just a money math guy and everything I do is full of some major major assumptions. I'm also actually a lawyer at the moment and not a day to day math man like I want to be.

Rectal Placenta posted:

Matt Patricia is fat and looks like a tent when he wears a jacket.

Agreed, op.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

I love this bit.

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

Strictly speaking Patricia has a masters in aeronautical engineering.

Thanks for this. Do you know if he ever got licensed or has he only professionally been a football coach?

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Ches Neckbeard posted:

If you're willing to tank that hard this early you don't think much of your roster.

I'm still a proponent for handing the reins to Greggggg for the reasons you said about the roster. He's a shitlord but has gotten something out of a roster getting away from a toxic HC. Although in this case he may be part of the problem after what we saw tonight.... like Todd Haley was.

Gregg coaches his players to injure his opponents as a core philosophy. He should have been permanently banned from the game 10 years ago.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

In defense of gase giving up playcalling, Jason Garrett stuck around for years after getting stripped of playcalling.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

ghosthorse posted:

Did Fitzpatrick ever win one? He's gotta be on the list on volume alone

he's never played in the playoffs.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Superbowl participant Jim Harbaugh is ready for another run. He's gonna be the guy to finally get the Lions a superbowl appearance!

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

He seems genuinely confused because he did absolutely lead with his shoulder and not his helmet. The problem is he drove his shoulder directly into antonio brown's skull.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Jeff Fisher needs a job.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

mcmagic posted:

He looks pretty good to me...

The Cowboys are not particularly good especially on defense. They figured out that if you just contain with your DEs that Hurts struggles as a traditional pocket passer. He can make some things happen on the move for sure and is leaps and bounds ahead of 2020 Carson Wentz, but he is still very much a project. He could flame out hilariously still as teams get more tape on him.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

SKULL.GIF posted:

I'm a little surprised (but not unhappy!) there's apparently zero interest in getting anyone from Green Bay's front office given how accurate they've been with targeting talent and developing them.

I wish Dallas could develop the favorable calls both Green Bay and Pittsburgh get all the time.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

mcmagic posted:

He still had 400 yards of offense himself and one of his fumbles was a completely bogus call. He clearly is a guy that can make plays with his feet and he has 300+ yards passing in 2 of his first 3 starts as a pro. Sure he could flame out but it's pretty to see he also has major upside.

Upside - yes. It is far to early to anoint him, however.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Nick Jr. Face posted:

Jimmie Johnson is the GOAT NASCAR driver

ftfy.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Harbaugh is gonna go to the Chargers because he misses California.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Agent SmithDaniel.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

The cardinals are doing alright under Kliff. They beat the bills this year and had a bunch of one score losses. A few flitters of luck a different way and they're in the playoffs.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Alfred P. Pseudonym posted:

McDaniels is clearly the guy to pair with Jalen Hurts after his immense success with Tim Tebow and Cam Newton

McDaniels paired with Wentz, you mean. Hurts is getting dealt this offseason. The front office chose Wentz over Pederson.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Professor Funk posted:

I think this is pretty cringey tbh

Why do you hate fun?

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Cavauro posted:

that's actually a mid-tier football mind and should be okay with an mvp level quarterback like herbert. the guy you have to watch out for is when his philosophy is "kick fgs to score and punt to win"

ah, yes, the Jason Garrett experience.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

nah posted:

I just really dislike that an NFL coach is named “Klint”

There isn't one. There is one named Kliff, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

I was thinking head coach and got confused. Klint is indeed a horrible name.