Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

Whopper with cheese, $0.99.

One dollar McDoubles. Two slices of cheese with no upcharge!

A regular rear end sized Frostie from Wendy's for a dollar, not the one in a loving two or three ounce cup or whatever.

Arby's regular roast beef sandwiches five for $5.

$25 for 25 roast beef sandwiches and unlimited arbys sauce god drat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

Chief McHeath posted:

Them sandwiches reheated in a toaster oven like whoa and we would buy that in BULK.

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

mcdoubles were a $1 like 4 years ago op

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

taco bell in the distant past had a cheesy double-decker taco for only a dollar and it was amazing

oh wait it's going on right now

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

insideoutsider
Aug 31, 2003

You want a van? I get you a van.
When my hometown had a Hardee's they would sell hamburgers for 29 cents after 2PM until close. If you went through the drive-thru 30 minutes before close you could get a "grab bag" for $5 that was filled with leftovers.

Wrong Theory
Aug 27, 2005

Satellite from days of old, lead me to your access code
In the 90's I remember Hardees doing that deal. I think it was on Tuesdays, used to bring a 5 dollar bill and have :burger:s for days. That's when I learned not to put tinfoil in the microwave. :science:

I did see a weirdo in his 20's, I think, at a McDonalds once try to get the senior deal on coffee, when the cashier and then the manager refused it he turned around and must have met eye contact with me because he asked me for some change so he could buy a regular coffee. I said no as he was annoying everyone around him.

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

a mcdonalds near me was selling 29 cent hamburgers on Tuesdays, and 39 cent cheeseburgers on sundays. we went out both days and got 10 of each.

As a kid I was psyched for mcdonalds (but sad that my mom wouldn't ever buy me nuggets), but I later realized we were broke as gently caress and getting 20 meals for $7 was the only way we'd stretch the budget to have enough food for the week

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

oldskool posted:

a mcdonalds near me was selling 29 cent hamburgers on Tuesdays, and 39 cent cheeseburgers on sundays. we went out both days and got 10 of each.

As a kid I was psyched for mcdonalds (but sad that my mom wouldn't ever buy me nuggets), but I later realized we were broke as gently caress and getting 20 meals for $7 was the only way we'd stretch the budget to have enough food for the week

29 cent hamburger day, Wacky Wednesday $5 pepperoni pizzas from Hungry Howies, and $3.99 Ponderosa buffet coupons, the hallmarks of eating out poor.

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

In college I had a meal plan that gave me 14 meals per week worth 4.75 apiece at the fast-food joints on campus. These meals did not roll over at the end of the week, so every Thursday night or whatever I'd go down to the campus taco bell and cash out whatever was left in $.79 soft tacos. Once I hadn't eaten campus food all week, so I spent the whole lot on tacos. It was too many tacos to eat or even give away so we ended up having a drunken food fight w/ them in the middle of the night in some unlocked classroom. There was a bounty on my head for this but thankfully nobody thought to consider the guy who screwed up the whole flow of the cafeteria at dinner time once a week week by ordering dozens of tacos at once.

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

Perhaps the soft taco food fight should be the staple of our protest against the Bell, but instead of in a classroom, inside the Bell itself.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

if you do that, may i recommend something cheaper than the soft taco: the $1 double-decker taco, now on sale

----------------

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA

Chief McHeath posted:

I worked at Arby's during those deals. My life was hell.

Not as much hell as when they were doing the 5 for 5 mix and match that had beef n cheddars though!

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
5. 5 dollar footlongs.

----------------

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

World Famous W posted:

I worked at Arby's during those deals. My life was hell.

Not as much hell as when they were doing the 5 for 5 mix and match that had beef n cheddars though!

What's the roast beef pit like

----------------

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA
Big ole deli slicer, bun toaster, and small refrigerated make table with sandwich supplies. The roast beef came in ten pound bags that you cooked them in, was a bright pink and liquid and turned into a roast magically over four hours.

If ya hosed up prepping enough you had to quick cook it at half time and then fry it for a bit to finish it up. Fried magic roast beef paste was great and a rare treat.

This was over a decade ago of course. Ive no idea whats it like now.

TatoPancakes
Jun 5, 2019

the brainwaves are thinking
Fast Eddie's used to do 50¢ cheeseburgers and $1 pickle fries, I ain't even an old person but gently caress I went there a few weeks ago and paid $14 for a cheeseburger an order of crazy fries and a milkshake, what the gently caress

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
99c spicy potato soft tacos

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Charles posted:

99c spicy potato soft tacos

these never existed, that's all in your head

----------------

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
Hot 'n Now would give you more lousy food than you and your friends could eat for $10.

God, what was wrong with us when we were in high school.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G28-EAx4L5o

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
shedding old man tears over the cheap Arby's roast beef and horsey sauce

770e4133fe864efdb5a3d5860573ed6c

excellent bird guy
Jan 1, 2020

by Cyrano4747
I remember when a dime bag used to cost a dime

----------------

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo

i say swears online posted:

taco bell in the distant past had a cheesy double-decker taco for only a dollar and it was amazing

oh wait it's going on right now

It was 89 cents actually

----------------

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

At some point there was a McD's promo with 2 for $2 Big Macs. The only reason I remember is because while I'd never had a Big Mac before, that seemed like too good a price to pass up. This had to have been late 90s or even mid 90s and I distinctly remember it's when they used to put the paper sleeve around the sandwich in whatever packaging it was in at the time. I know it was post-styrofoam, but it definitely was before the paper boxes they use now. I think it was paper sleeve around the sandwich and then the sandwich was wrapped in a tan paper?

idk that's the earliest fast food deal I can remember

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Carls Jr as alocal promotion had large sodas for $0.69 during the summer so it was cheaper to get a soda there than Circle K. You could get a cheeseburger and spicy chicken and large soda for like 3.12 with tax and there were times I was incredibly broke that I had that as a meal a couple times a week.

:sss: :tbear: Oel ngati kameie Los Ingobernables de Onsite BYOB
Seared tuna steak, served with ponzu sauce and wasabi.

FrankeeFrankFrank on 07:55 May 03, 2015 posted:

sometimes i rub Fabreeze on my hands and now my hands are very dry.

FrankeeFrankFrank on 04:55 Apr 10, 2017 posted:

It was nice knowing you all. Sometimes.

I still believe in Second Winter. Put this in your sig if you also believe in that and that it is real and not fake like the others say.

Neophyte
Apr 23, 2006

perennially
Taco Defender
Buy one dozen glazed Krispy Kreme and get another dozen free.

School Krispy Kreme sales for super cheap.

Selling homemade cinnamon toothpicks in primary school for a fat profit, oh yeah.

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

Neophyte posted:

School Krispy Kreme sales for super cheap.

This is reminding me of a regional fast-casual chain called Pat & Oscar's (that soon rebranded to just Oscar's, then O's American Kitchen, and then just closed entirely) that used to sell their breadsticks at my middle school during lunch.

One dollar for the soppiest piece of dough you've ever had. It was delightful.

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
Late 80s, early 90s:

$.50 Taco Bell tacos.
$2 Whoppers, $4 Whopper combo.

And of course, the king of all deals:

Arby's 5 for 5.

----------------

Aades
Nov 28, 2005

Guns Up!

Sonic Brown Bag Special

2 burgers, 2 fries, 2 drinks: $3.99

That was probably late 80s or early 90s

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

i used to try and talk my friends into the brown bag special every time we'd go but then they'd say "no i wanna get what i want" and then they'd get a normal combo and we'd both pay $2 more. infuriating

----------------

Devonaut
Jul 10, 2001

Devoted Astronaut

Taco Bell's 59/79/99 menu, you could get a bunch of stuff for under $5

Wendy's 99c junior bacon cheeseburger, Wendy's may still have something like this on the 99c menu but it's a pathetic miniature version

I don't see much discussion of Checkers but it seems like the food was so cheap it may as well have been free

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

Cross-Section posted:

This is reminding me of a regional fast-casual chain called Pat & Oscar's (that soon rebranded to just Oscar's, then O's American Kitchen, and then just closed entirely) that used to sell their breadsticks at my middle school during lunch.

One dollar for the soppiest piece of dough you've ever had. It was delightful.

Man, this really makes me feel for Pat...

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009

Devonaut posted:

Taco Bell's 59/79/99 menu, you could get a bunch of stuff for under $5

I know, right? Last time I went by Taco Bell, the basic-rear end bean burrito was a goddamn $1.29!!!

Like, what the gently caress, Taco Bell??

Tite Barnacle
Jun 4, 2014

Meowdy Purrdner

Grimey Drawer

LastInLine posted:

At some point there was a McD's promo with 2 for $2 Big Macs. The only reason I remember is because while I'd never had a Big Mac before, that seemed like too good a price to pass up. This had to have been late 90s or even mid 90s and I distinctly remember it's when they used to put the paper sleeve around the sandwich in whatever packaging it was in at the time. I know it was post-styrofoam, but it definitely was before the paper boxes they use now. I think it was paper sleeve around the sandwich and then the sandwich was wrapped in a tan paper?

idk that's the earliest fast food deal I can remember

It started in the early 90s. My first job was at a McDonald's when this deal was going. So many big macs.Those paper sleeves were a pain the rear end but at least they were making some effort to not completely destroy the environment (packaging-wise anyhow)

----------------

Impotence
Nov 8, 2010
Lipstick Apathy

Nipponophile posted:

I know, right? Last time I went by Taco Bell, the basic-rear end bean burrito was a goddamn $1.29!!!

Like, what the gently caress, Taco Bell??

lol we dont even have a value menu here its like $3 for a taco

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

by the calorie taco bell has to be more expensive than chikfila and panera; theres not another fast food place where I could eat $12 in food in one sitting by just buying basic tacos

a double whopper at BK is $3 on the app but the bell has zero discounts, coupons or specials

----------------

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no
For about four years in the mid-late 80s, the following McDonalds order was always $3.24.

Quarter pounder with cheese
Filet o fish
Medium fries
Large orange drink

piss boner
May 17, 2003

$0.69 for a 40oz of Laser Malt Liquor and playing Edward 40 Hands
$5.99 for a twelve pack of Colt 45 in long neck bottles
$0.80 for a pack of Camel non-filters
Two for $2 filet o fish on fridays

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
US prices for fast food are still shockingly low compared to the rest of the world even after factoring purchasing power discrepancies

----------------

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

yeah american fast food in mexico is bougie as hell. does europe have a 1 euro menu or is that 'aspiring middle class' image something they hold firm on outside the us

----------------

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

i say swears online posted:

yeah american fast food in mexico is bougie as hell. does europe have a 1 euro menu or is that 'aspiring middle class' image something they hold firm on outside the us

'Saver menu' in the UK. It's not literally £1 for everything which in any case would be about $1.30, but you can get a cheeseburger for 99p or w/e if you hate yourself. It's going to depend where you are because lol no McDonalds is not 'aspiring middle class' food in the UK or Germany or whatever where they've been cheap fast food for decades compared to, I dunno, post-Cold-War Russia.

Bear in mind over here there's a 20% sales tax on hot fast food, though.