Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Thanlis
Mar 17, 2011

Y’all overlooking the obvious KENTA vs. Cobb finals, given tonight's match.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thanlis
Mar 17, 2011

take the moon posted:

hey does this form auto-fill out block winners based on point totals/wl records. or is that level of technology beyond us? im gonna look real stupid picking white as my block runner but giving shingo more wins or something

I was having trouble making my picks so I added a bit of automation so I could look at the schedule at the same time. Rarity if this is annoying in any way I'll remove it, but otherwise: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1z1kYzscCtqJtYcS3AuAIx6Ag5qNdFeKvX8qS4QnYu8g/edit?usp=sharing

Use the drop downs in the upper right triangle of each block for picks, bottom left portion of the block auto-fills, point totals auto-update. You still gotta pick the winner because I'm not about to spend a day figuring out formulas for the tie-breakers, but it's easier to try out scenarios when the totals are updated for you.

I also added the schedule below the blocks, with the match winners automatically carried down from the blocks.

My predictions are still gonna be way off.

I spend too much time with spreadsheets in my day job.

Thanlis
Mar 17, 2011

Well, I picked Yano, at least.

This is exactly what happens when I pick an event I'm emotionally invested in.

Thanlis
Mar 17, 2011

I’m very pleased that I’ve gone 13-2 over the last three nights, but given how far off I was on the B Block winner this can’t last.

Thanlis
Mar 17, 2011

Another 4-1 night! Alllllmost respectable. Except I picked KENTA to win B block and he’s about to be eliminated so. Still some marginal hope to finish decently if Okada takes the whole thing.

Thanlis
Mar 17, 2011

That was extremely grim for me, 1-4 and I sure didn't pick Ibushi to win the block!

Thanlis
Mar 17, 2011

HidaO-Win posted:

Embarrassingly I'm not sure what my predictions finished up on exactly. I kinda did it last minute after only really following the last few months of NJPW through WOR. I think I settled on Ibushi winning A-Block and Sanada wining B block and Ibushi winning in the final. My thought process was that they wanted Sanada to get a big push, but Ibushi is signed in now, he's not getting younger and he needs to win the big belt.

I really think that approach is an advantage. I took a shot at one of the recent AEW prediction contests and won out because I didn't have any emotional attachment to anything. I'm not heartless enough to predict Ishii going negative.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thanlis
Mar 17, 2011

Thanks all and thanks for running this, Rarity!