Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
https://twitter.com/tupacdurex/status/1573157988587958272

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

a drink eh? i heard glasses of beer are fatal

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

haveblue posted:

run you pigeons, it's robert baratheon!

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

this is incredible

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

i just watched eraserhead for the first time

i probably would've thought it amazing but twenty years ago. but now it's just "yes, i get it. and no, it isn't really interesting." the sound was really well done, and some of the shots were visually great. but in general i doubt i'll ever watch it again.

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

Achmed Jones posted:

i probably would've thought it amazing but twenty years ago. but now it's just "yes, i get it. and no, it isn't really interesting." the sound was really well done, and some of the shots were visually great. but in general i doubt i'll ever watch it again.

-me 20 years ago

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome

Achmed Jones posted:

its kinda like naked lunch. I'm sure it was a thing that was necessary at the time but it hasn't been something worth watching for idk how many decades.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

Achmed Jones posted:

i haven’t seen it but i want to

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica
if you want to watch a weird b&w movie the lighthouse is one

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

BaldDwarfOnPCP posted:

ive seen it already and liked it

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

BaldDwarfOnPCP posted:

caught that couple months back. very good. I think it's spooky and weird enough to qualify as a good October film to watch.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

did anyone else feel a sexual tension between the main characters in the lighthouse or am i just reading in too much

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

fart simpson posted:

did anyone else feel a sexual tension between the main characters in the lighthouse or am i just reading in too much

oh it was enormous

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

fart simpson posted:

yeah the mermaid is clearly a beard for people who want to straightwash it

(idk i was about as wasted as the characters at the time it's all a groovy haze)

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

fart simpson posted:

it was incredibly overt lol

Truman Peyote
Oct 11, 2006

all right. I do enjoy your cooking

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

fart simpson posted:

yeah and you know I've always kind of thought the same about brokeback mountain tbh

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord
randomly saw under the skin. good flick

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Sagebrush posted:

yeah and you know I've always kind of thought the same about brokeback mountain tbh

i havent seen that one

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

fart simpson posted:

I think you're reading too much into it OP.

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

Improbable Lobster posted:

randomly saw under the skin. good flick

👀

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

BaldDwarfOnPCP posted:

yeah the mermaid is clearly a beard for people who want to straightwash it

(idk i was about as wasted as the characters at the time it's all a groovy haze)

i watched it drunk as hell too :hf:

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
been enjoying the new show Reboot, with Johnny Knoxville, Rachel Bloom, Kegan-Michael Key et al.

nothing to do with Dot & Bob obviously

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

if a show is called reboot and does not have villians named hexadecimal and megabyte I am not interested

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
https://twitter.com/ScreenSlate/status/1573514974152073226

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

lmao a MUST-SEE, I might have to reopen YOSWATCH next weekend

https://twitter.com/HeadExposure/status/1574146137518493698

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

lmfao

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

I had an unforgettable luncheon today

mystes
May 31, 2006

PokeJoe posted:

I had an unforgettable luncheon today
Yeah food poisoning will do that

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
this lotr show is soooo boooorrrriinnngggg

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
watched Escape From New York for the first time last night. really appreciated at the beginning how the movie also hints at "yo, poo poo is really hosed" by just offhandedly mentioning how Snake Plisskin had experience fighting... in Leningrad and Siberia :wth:

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

Shaggar posted:

ya

i think the last episode one of the elves said something like “the dwarves hav been delving very deeply recently, in the mines…perhaps one could say too greedily” and I chuckled

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
then did he turn to the camera and wink

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

haveblue posted:

then did he turn to the camera and wink

first he said “elrond, everything would be so much easier if only we had some rings…some rings of power”

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe

NoneMoreNegative posted:

lmao a MUST-SEE, I might have to reopen YOSWATCH next weekend

https://twitter.com/HeadExposure/status/1574146137518493698

gently caress i gota find this. if its anything like buddahs palm its a sure winner

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

watched Escape From New York for the first time last night. really appreciated at the beginning how the movie also hints at "yo, poo poo is really hosed" by just offhandedly mentioning how Snake Plisskin had experience fighting... in Leningrad and Siberia :wth:

kind of how Gibson would world build

distortion park
Apr 25, 2011

Shaggar posted:

it has zero sharp edges. the "scary" scenes completely fail because it's such an overly processed product from the content production lines that you're confident they won't actually be very scary. Same with all the relationships, same with the plot beats etc.

distortion park
Apr 25, 2011

I hope the estate of Ian Banks insists on the dick man being kept in any media adaptions to prevent this happening to his stuff

distortion park
Apr 25, 2011

Weirdly, perhaps because they're so hung up on race (and sort of gender) stuff in the lotr they've completely missed the (much more significant and ingrained) class politics and it's all coming through straight from the source material lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

Shaggar posted:

they're pacing things for a 13 episode season when they only have 8. it's very frustrating after the (restrained) promise of the first two

just do poo poo. do everything. have everyone do everything. there's enough plot beats for five seasons you don't need to drag every story point out for four episodes