Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

Rabbit cop fights prejudice and bias regarding her small size to become a cop only to end up confronting prejudice and bias that she against normally carnivorous animals that she herself shared. Seems relevant to me.

I'm not sure what the original plan for the plot was, but it sure was something. A lot less subtle about the oppression, but also a lot more of a stretched metaphor for real-world oppression. Not being able to get a bank loan because of being an oppressed minority is very real though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eNY3TBMILgI

Cobalt-60 posted:

It's fantasy.

Even if you buy into the basic ideas (anthropomorphic animals? sure), there are WAY too many unanswered questions. Beginning with "what's keeping herbivore population in check?"

Birth control. They're people. What's keeping the Irish population in check?

Linux Pirate posted:

Maybe I missed it, but what are the carnivore animals supposed to eat if they live side by side with herbivores?

There's kind of a lot of kids' movies with talking animals that act like animals don't really have any dietary needs, they can all eat the same thing.

But also I think only mammals are sentient in the movie, so fish, birds, bugs, bivalves.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

Just because the mayor is black a lion doesn't mean that there isn't racism against him. That's the whole point of the anti-fox branded mace, there's the perspective that carnivorous animals are implicitly more prone to violence and being threatening. We don't see there being any sort of elitism to predators anywhere else. There are less predators, but there's also less black people, that's what minority means. There are racist populist movements that rely on otherizing a minority to unite the other people despite their differences.

I think the size bias is more confusing, because there's a whole segment of the city that's even smaller than Judy so I guess there's just no police for them? And that may be why one of them is a mob boss.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

It's also a fantasy world where the police are not armed and apparently discouraged from killing at a moment's notice.

Seeing as how the people after being drugged aren't just murdered on the spot.