Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
FTR vs Dinosaur Express 1 0.89%
Kaz vs Hangman 3 2.68%
Ivelisse vs Rosa 1 0.89%
THE PARKING LOT FIGHT 107 95.54%
Total: 112 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Someone said it earlier but I get the impression Ivelisse really is "When Keeping it Real goes Wrong". She stands up for herself against all slights, including the imagined ones. Especially the imagined ones.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

rare Magic card l00k posted:

I feel like if we understood why Ivelisse did the things she did, we would have a better idea of why she never ends up anywhere instead of going 'Oh hey Ivelisse, why hasn't she ended up anywhere?' every time she shows up somewhere once a year or so.

This stuff with Rosa screams insecurity to me, because Rosa carries herself like someone who deserves respect (which she does), but without a sense of entitlement. Ivelisse is more like Austin Aries, i.e. an obviously insecure person who throws tantrums whenever someone sees through their false confidence.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Given the insecurity thing, I’d be willing to bet there’s some perception that Rosa “jumped the line” coming in the way she did relative to Ivelisse’s very contingent use.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

Pylons posted:

https://twitter.com/TrueWillieHobbs/status/1306838346828668930

It feels like everyone that signs with AEW gets a bunch of old matches to watch and at first I thought it might be Kenny but now I'm thinking it's probably Tony.

Wanna see Hobbs start giving people Doctor Bombs and still as gently caress backdrop suplexes

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

boar guy posted:

THE BEST
THE BEST
THE BEST
THE BEST

...always pissed me off but between hearing that S and O turned down WWE to spend time with their families and that match last night, i'm a convert

Why did it piss you off? They were only stating the facts, the facts, the facts.

heel turn
Jan 6, 2004

Some boy tried to step to me at the county fair. I said son u clearly have no ideal what creek im from
Meltzer apparently gave the Parking Lot Brawl 5 stars

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

heel turn posted:

Meltzer apparently gave the Parking Lot Brawl 5 stars

That's gonna make some people mad. 5 star Chuck though.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Five Star Dustin Five Star Greg

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

NienNunb posted:

:yeah:

The Senator Giroux
Jul 9, 2006
Dead Ringer

Sydney Bottocks posted:

I had to look this up and it's true, Thunder Rosa debuted in 2014 and Ivelisse debuted in 2004 :stare: I would totally have sworn it was the other way around, given how Thunder Rosa works so well in the ring and Ivelisse...well, doesn't.

E: Hell, by the time she was signed by WWE in 2011, Ivelisse had already been working the indies for seven years.

It’s also crazy to think about how good Thunder Rosa has gotten in that time, because when she was Kobra Moon on LU, she was BAD. Like, turned her into a manager bad.

I remember that sticking with me until I saw her somewhere like 2018 and was super impressed with her match and kept following her career and am so glad she is starting to break through.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

NienNunb posted:

:bisonyes:

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Put the belts on Main Event Five Star Best Friends

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

rantmo posted:

Why did it piss you off? They were only stating the facts, the facts, the facts.

'cuz ortiz is a good heel

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

boar guy posted:

'cuz ortiz is a good heel

He's going to be an even better face one day.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Santana and Ortiz should have the belts over boring rear end FTR any day of the week

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!
PnP vs. Jericho/Hager for the #1 contendersship. PnP wins, the Inner Circle explodes.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
Maybe now that Big Dave has thrown some snowflakes his way they'll finally let Young Dustin say poo poo on national television.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

CobiWann posted:

PnP vs. Jericho/Hager for the #1 contendersship. PnP wins, the Inner Circle explodes.

Hager is thrown into the sea and is never seen again.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
Love my 5-star boys

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

PnP should cement their face turn by apologizing to Sue.

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

CobiWann posted:

i can already see the moment in my head, building it up with Jericho thinking PnP are going to lay down for him in the ring

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

smarxist posted:

i can already see the moment in my head, building it up with Jericho thinking PnP are going to lay down for him in the ring
It'd be great too if they saw through all the cheating he was trying to do during the match. Tries to set up Hager hitting the their corner while he distracts the ref, Ortiz kicks him in the face. Jericho tries to hit Santana with the bat, the bat isn't there, he moved it while Jericho wasn't looking. Goes for the low blow, Ortiz was wearing a cup under his baggy clothes and just smiles. They don't even need to go face, we all like them anyway.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

A 5 star and a 6 star this year. Dang.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

rantmo posted:

Hager is thrown into the sea and is never seen again.

The only good thing to come out of the next Jericho cruise.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

was there a 5* TV match earlier this year? If no, how long has it been since that happened?

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

IcePhoenix posted:

was there a 5* TV match earlier this year? If no, how long has it been since that happened?

it looks like we haven't had one since Kyle O'Reilly/Roderick Strong vs. Tyler Bate/Trent Seven on the July 11, 2018 episode of NXT

e: before that, it seems to be Ric Flair vs. Barry Windham from JCP World Wide Wrestling, January 20 1987 so uh. heck yeah Chuck, Trent, PnP, Sue, and OC

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Depends if you count the G1 as it does get played on AXS and I think was on TV in Japan last year? But if we don't count the G1 it looks like Trent Seven and Tyler Bate vs. Kyle O'Reilly and Roderick Strong on NXT July 11th, 2018 was the last one.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Does 2018 NXT count as TV if it was on the Network?

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Ah yeah, it's a weekly show but wasn't TV at that point. Going further back we're at uh... well I don't know enough about different Japanese promotions to say with any confidence but it might be Ric Flair vs. Barry Windham January 20th, 1987 on World Wide Wrestling.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Aye Doc posted:

it looks like we haven't had one since Kyle O'Reilly/Roderick Strong vs. Tyler Bate/Trent Seven on the July 11, 2018 episode of NXT

e: before that, it seems to be Ric Flair vs. Barry Windham from JCP World Wide Wrestling, January 20 1987 so uh. heck yeah Chuck, Trent, PnP, Sue, and OC

that's insane

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.

rare Magic card l00k posted:

I feel like if we understood why Ivelisse did the things she did, we would have a better idea of why she never ends up anywhere instead of going 'Oh hey Ivelisse, why hasn't she ended up anywhere?' every time she shows up somewhere once a year or so.

For real I don't think there's any mystery here. I get rooting for a talented self sabotaging person, but being in AEW wasn't going to make Ivelisse not Ivelisse. The Austin Aries comparison is pretty fair.

AK-47
Jul 10, 2001

https://twitter.com/MegabyteRonnie/status/1306983861243568128

Coward Tony sign this man now

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

SunshineDanceParty posted:

For real I don't think there's any mystery here. I get rooting for a talented self sabotaging person, but being in AEW wasn't going to make Ivelisse not Ivelisse. The Austin Aries comparison is pretty fair.

I was hoping maybe being in a place that seems healthy and supportive might break her out of bad habits. But I guess not.

Waffleopolis
Apr 24, 2005

It's time....for the MAIN event!
I am not sure if I want BTE segemts with BF and/or PnP with their egos turned up to 11 because if this.

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

5 Star Chuckie "Dustin" T.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

Here to hug Greg and do five star s-word.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Alvarez is disputing the report about Ivelisse and Thunder Rosa.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Forget the 5*s he gave the streetfight, y'all need to go and read the 1100 word paragraph he wrote about BTE

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

NienNunb posted:

Five Star Sue.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bladeworksmaster
Sep 6, 2010

Ok.

Best Friends and Santana/Ortiz get a 5* match before Seth Rollins, life is good sometimes.