Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
FTR vs Dinosaur Express 1 0.89%
Kaz vs Hangman 3 2.68%
Ivelisse vs Rosa 1 0.89%
THE PARKING LOT FIGHT 107 95.54%
Total: 112 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

About to watch on the west coast. Sounds like I'm in for a good show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Lead Pipe Cinch posted:

I hope we get a promo package for Hobbs next week.

Also, it’s crazy to me that Dark Order wasn’t on the show at all this week, this roster is so drat deep and there’s so much to look forward to from week to week.

There were no Kenny, Bucks, Cody, or Mox matches this week. They've done a great job elevating the rest of the roster.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

smarxist posted:

you wanna talk about people that may get the idea to jump to WWE, PnP could be the most likely if they don't start becoming a serious contender for the gold and on track to hold the titles in the next year or so, they've put in like a dozen incredible performances in marquee matches/events and haven't even had a title shot yet, it's kinda getting ridiculous tbqh

Title shots aren't the only angles.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

I'm really enjoying what they're going for with Shida too. Having her basically be the one to keep order in her division is a great contrast to the other divisions and reigns, Mox reveling in the glorious chaos, FTR being locker room assholes and refusing to give title shots unless the team they're facing beats them in a non-title match (which is itself a great contrast to Kenny and Hangman who had like, a million title defenses). It all feels really different, and that's super cool.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

smarxist posted:

i wonder how long that FTR stip will hang around and i hope it doesn't lead to Commissioner Tony shenanigans

also there's no way The Bucks beat them first before taking the belts so i feel like some kind of shakeup is in order

maybe The Bucks take out Tully in a brutal fashion and force a title match if they want revenge

I could see FTR being what ultimately leads to the Inner Circle breakup by offering Jericho and Hager a shot if they beat Santana and Ortiz or vice versa.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

This week's Unrestricted is with Best Friends and Orange Cassidy.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

https://twitter.com/bryanalvarez/status/1306684615516499968

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

loving fantastic demo number. Wow.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Basically, Thunder Rosa has been starting to take on a locker room leader role and Ivelisse is a bit pissed about that. Ivelisse started no-selling and Rosa got pissed and started working a bit stiffer.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Diamante vs. Thunder Rosa doesn't involve Shida, though.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Rosa retweeted this, FWIW.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

My favorite part of that unrestricted was how apparently Okada is stoked that they get the crash zoom for their hug.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

1. Evil Uno

2. Miro

3. Kip Sabian

4. Colt Cabana

5. Brandon Cutler

I haven't watched any of Leva's streams so I have no clue where she falls on this ranking of twitch streamers in AEW.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

They can definitely ask for more. Wouldn't be surprised to see ad revenue added to their deal at the very least.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Yeah, if the pandemic wasn't a thing and the guaranteed money wasn't what was keeping them afloat I'd be feeling a little fleeced if I was Tony.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Jerusalem posted:

This is behind a paywall but judging from the context of the last couple pages, Ivelisse started stiffing and sandbagging Thunder Rosa during their match? Is that what happened?

I can post the full article if nobody gives a poo poo but the tl;dr is that Thunder Rosa is taking on a leadership role for the division behind the scenes and Ivelisse is pissed about that so started to no-sell some of Rosa's stuff during the match, so Rosa just started working stiffer.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

CopywrightMMXI posted:

Is Dynamite on Tuesday and Wednesday next week?

1 hour taped special on Tuesday after NBA, then the normal time live on Wednesday

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

smikey posted:

It's what they did with Hangman since Dynamite premiere until early this year when he tagged with Kenny

Didn't he beat PAC at Full Gear?

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

https://twitter.com/TrueWillieHobbs/status/1306838346828668930

It feels like everyone that signs with AEW gets a bunch of old matches to watch and at first I thought it might be Kenny but now I'm thinking it's probably Tony.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

TV Zombie posted:

Why is Ivelisse upset at Rosa taking a locker room leader role? Are there any benefits in that role that give her an advantage over everyone that she could abuse? Is she upset because she believes that a locker room leader should be the most experienced and she has years over Rosa? It’s so baffling to me.

My assumption is that Ivelisse is jealous because she's been in AEW longer.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

heel turn posted:

Meltzer apparently gave the Parking Lot Brawl 5 stars

That's gonna make some people mad. 5 star Chuck though.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Alvarez is disputing the report about Ivelisse and Thunder Rosa.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

RIP Snakem'n.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Ben Carter might be picking up a win going into his match with Sky.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Rawest Dog

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mhHLxBuH4mQ

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

AEW adjacent:

https://twitter.com/JoshLBarnett/status/1307107158899789825

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

JOHN CENA posted:

i think this is the first 5er for a weekly televised match though since uh.....undisputed era vs moustache mountain

NXT wasn't televised at that time, they were still on the Network. I think someone said you have to go back to 1989 or 87 for the last five star on a weekly televised show?

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

All Elite Wrestling Files Trademark For ‘Blood Brothers’

Kingston's family?

Also yeah, that spot in the match was during PIP on TNT.

Pylons fucked around with this message at 17:25 on Sep 19, 2020

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Lamuella posted:

on the Mission Pro front, one of the major secondary benefits AEW gets from allowing their talent to work indies is that they are going to have working relationships with pretty much every indie of note out there. So quite apart from Thunder Rosa running Mission Pro, Big Swole was on the card.

Want the company to take a look at a kid who's been creating a buzz on the latest GCW shows? Joey Janela was on those shows too and he's keeping an eye out. He's also on most of the Beyond shows.

Interested in the talent on those packed Warrior Wrestling supershows? Brian Cage wrestled on the first night, Luchasaurus is on the card for tonight, and Lance Archer is there next week.

By working with indies and letting their talent wrestle there, AEW instantly becomes a much more attractive destination for the Ben Carters of this world who are just about to break out as stars

Britt Baker has been scouting for them too. I think she's the one that's been pushing for Ben Carter and Wardlow.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Germansimp posted:

Just rewatched the street fight again, because, why not, it's loving awesome. But I have to say I still have to laugh about how blatantly obvious Trent was blading his right arm after the spear through the door, didn't even remotely try to hide the blade job from the cameras.

And with all the hardway blood already, I don't even know why he wanted to do that!

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Either Eddie's group or Cody is coming back to team with Dustin instead of QT.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Yeah maybe don't armchair diagnose people.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Some more info on that Ivelisse/Thunder Rosa match:

SRS posted:

"To clarify -- word of this match had been coming to me personally all week. When the match aired, I reached out to both women personally, as well as numerous people in AEW. All confirmed the report as I'd heard it and provided subsequent details. Thunder Rosa and Ivelisse confirmed that they had trouble with one another, but nothing that indicated that they wouldn't get over it after two weeks away from each other. They each thought the other was responsible for things going the way they did, without too heavily pointing the finger. Rosa didn't want herself or NWA to look bad, Ivelisse thought Rosa didn't follow her lead enough. I try not to run a story like this without at least trying to reach out to the wrestlers involved. Other wrestlers I spoke to said they were surprised that the show wasn't edited to eliminate next week's match or just changed.”

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Sounds like Shanna is coming back soon.

https://www.centralillinoisproud.com/news/local-news/all-elite-wrestling-special-olympics-illinois-go-head-to-head-in-rocketleague/

quote:

“It was a lot of fun to do it with my coworkers and meet new people, have fun,” Shanna said. “I’m leaving next week to spend 14 days in a neutral, non banned county, by Mr. Trump’s proclamation. After 14 days I can enter the United States. Let’s hope for no road blocks.”

Could also mean PAC has the same plan, assuming he wants to spend an extended amount of time in the US. I don't know why he would.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Spiderdrake posted:

Money (in the long term), actually getting to wrestle and do his dream, awesome built in storyline with Kingston?

He could change his mind.

I was mostly just making a joke about the terrible state of the US, but those are all pretty good points, yeah.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

STAC Goat posted:

They were totally #1 for awhile (I think) and never got a shot. People were too distracted by Ortiz doing pratfalls for Jericho comedy and didn't notice them get overlooked!

Please, please, please turn on Jericho and Hager. I'll even watch Jericho/Hager matches if you do.

IIRC they were #1 last year and faced the Young Bucks for a shot against SCU and lost against the Young Bucks.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

I wouldn't even make it a full beatdown. Just have Kenny beat him decisively.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Jordan7hm posted:

Yeah this is how I would do it too, though I’m not sure about the heel beatdown (but yeah I think I’d do the explicit heel turn for Kenny here).

Hangman does singles but still wants to be a team with Kenny, who wants nothing of it. They make their way up the singles ladder and Omega beats Page in the number 1 contenders match, and goes on to win the belt. Page spirals from this point, but his redemption arc is to beat Kenny ~2 ppvs later to take the belt. Time it around revolution for Kenny to win the belt, and then All Out 3 for Page to take it.

Leave their rubber match for down the road.

I'd give Hangman a longer redemption arc where he goes through the Dark Order and dethrones Mr. Brodie Lee for the TNT title. And when he drops it, it doesn't shatter his sense of self worth this time. Then he goes on to face Kenny.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Page as the first champ might've honestly killed the promotion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

More importantly, Jericho as the first champion gave lapsed fans a name to latch onto and check out AEW out of curiosity. He was also able to elevate the hell out of that belt in the relatively short time he had it.