Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cynic
Jan 19, 2004

communism bitch posted:

I think it just looks odd because it's being shot with long lens?
Because the President is a highly infectious viral vector and nobody is allowed within 10 meters of him or they'll die lmfao

There were some pro video editors on Twitter who were opining that a bunch of these videos had also been swiftly edited (possibly for coughs), but it's just randos on Twitter so who knows.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cynic
Jan 19, 2004

Groovelord Neato posted:

lmao

https://twitter.com/debdrens/status/1317238975707385857?s=20

Don Jr and Eric don't know what getting a text like this is like.

That's a pretty wholesome text tbh, almost like a real human being would send to his son. I kind of like the Hunter photos; there are many, many points in my life someone could have taken those exact photos of me.

cynic
Jan 19, 2004

William Henry Hairytaint posted:

right click, search google for image: Possible related search: baby bat burritos

:hmmyes:

watching young bats eat bananas is one of the little joys of life

I know a bat-ologist IRL, I know that there are hordes of people who go every year during the hottest months in various countries and rescue fruit bats. They pick them up off the ground where their heat-stressed mothers have thrown them; they burrito the gently caress out of them, and they feed them baby milk and mangoes until they feel better and it's wholesome as gently caress.

cynic
Jan 19, 2004

nooneofconsequence posted:

I tried to save a sick bat I found outside my house one morning. Turns out it had rabies and I had to get a bunch of shots in my rear end.

Yeah, I mean obviously don't do this in an area with rabies. This was in Australia where rabies fears to tread in case it gets eaten by a giant loving spider or some kind of doom marsuipial.

cynic
Jan 19, 2004

Catastrophe posted:

I really don't want to be that guy who makes disparaging comments about a woman's appearance but that photo of Kellyanne makes her look 426 years old. I'm not crapping on it as much as I'm curious as to how

Bathing in virgins blood isn't nearly as effective as you'd think.

cynic
Jan 19, 2004

So is Trump still on his steroids and fetus cocktails or is he back to 'normal' now? I'm finding it hard to tell tbh.

cynic
Jan 19, 2004

sarcastx posted:

Incidentally I remember hearing that fatal cases of "pneumonia" are wildly up this year; makes you wonder how many people have actually died in excess of the official COVID-19 tally

edit: quoted wrong post

'Excess deaths' over the average for a specific period tends to be a better metric - because the pandemic and lockdown has knock-on effects with mental health, hospital (and therefore operation) capacity, and a whole bunch of other factors. Can be thrown off by external factors like natural disasters or war, but for this year in the US it's likely to show a fairly accurate death toll from COVID-19 - both direct deaths from the virus and indirect deaths through the effects it's having on society and healthcare facilties.

cynic fucked around with this message at 00:17 on Oct 24, 2020

cynic
Jan 19, 2004

"Trump Super Boom" is a euphemism for Trump laying down the greatest dookie in his daipy this great country has ever seen right? I mean sleepy joe can't even imagine old person dook like this. Amazing. Fake news media will say it's joe who sharted, but you all know right? The best looking logs you'll ever see.

cynic
Jan 19, 2004

AHH F/UGH posted:

FWIW I think I caught it back in like February before anyone else had it. I went to a new arcade that opened up in my town and it was absolutely filled with a ton of the Chinese university exchange students that my campus is saturated with, so I was walking around in a bunch of people who had just flown in from China to the US after winter break and I was touching all of the same joysticks and breathing a lot of their air.

About a week later I developed this nagging cough every few minutes that was dry and shallow and intermittent fever that would come and go, and a runny nose. The main thing was the cough, though. It just never really seemed to go away and even today I'm still coughing a little bit every day and I have some trouble breathing at night when I fall asleep, almost like I can't breathe and I wake up gasping for air, which is a sign of lung damage from covid.

What I'm saying is that I'm patient zero

edit: Also my wife and I are too poor to be able to even consider talking to a doctor LOL

Yeah, I got a mild dose of the 'rona before any lockdowns thanks to being stuck for 2 hours on a train with a bunch of Italian students with hacking coughs in mid-March. Short of breath for maybe 2-3 days and then got better, but definitely felt like lung damage (I got terrible lung damage from chlorine inhalation when I was a teenager).

cynic
Jan 19, 2004

War Wizard posted:

Lol. Raising taxes on the people who can least afford it is a genius move for balancing the budget that only the most biggly of presidents could pull off. Like Jesus turning water into wine, Trump has found a way to get blood from a stone.

Lol check out this guy who doesn't understand trickly down egognomics - if you give tax breaks to the big people they will allow the little people to work for them.

cynic
Jan 19, 2004

Candidate of the common folk. A down to earth man who lives for a solid days labor under a wholesome all-American sun.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

cynic
Jan 19, 2004

explosivo posted:

I read a thing earlier (I don't have a source sorry) that said a large majority of poll watchers across the country have been Democrats and it seems like the whole Trump Pollwatcher Army thing amounted to nothing.

I saw a post earlier by a trump poll watcher and he was actually impressed at how efficient and professional his local polling station was, and admitted he couldn't see any sign of anything amiss the 5 hours or so he was watching. Of course he was immediately shouted down by others calling him a 'lib plant' but what do you expect?

cynic
Jan 19, 2004

I'm going to bed now, but here are my hopes for the evening US goons;
  • Trump loses a lol state he really shouldn't have
  • Trump loses the popular vote by more than any other before him
  • Trump shits himself again on live TV

Bonus:
  • Russia says 'this man is now useless to us' and releases the piss tape in HD

I trust your great nation to provide me with my morning lols

cynic
Jan 19, 2004

cynic
Jan 19, 2004

Trump needs to start rage tweeting again, I need the lols.

cynic
Jan 19, 2004

Captain Beans posted:

uh uh uh i got hacked you see

Dude reads like a republican bot on his twitter.

https://twitter.com/DeanBrowningPA/status/1326270188682178560

cynic
Jan 19, 2004

Stoatbringer posted:

So many anonymous sources!

https://twitter.com/pbump/status/1326270844650344450

cynic
Jan 19, 2004

Wifi Toilet posted:

Remember when Trump lost his reelection bid and became a one termer while Obama, the guy he hates so much, was reelected for a second term?

Lol

Hey remember that time he lost the popular vote by more than the entire population of Norway (or Ireland, or New Zealand, or pretty much all the smaller eastern European countries)?

I'm actually confused because he keeps on saying how popular and wonderful he is on Twitter?

cynic
Jan 19, 2004

The Walrus posted:

my god that nazi punch is incredible. the living (?????? lmao) definition of gently caress around and find out

Nah he cool, they were praying over him in jesus name within like 10 seconds. Definitely saved him from some serious brainpan slammage

cynic
Jan 19, 2004

Frank Frank posted:

The one girl that he swung at did get a nice face-stomp in at the end there.

Oh NO!

cynic
Jan 19, 2004

Stoatbringer posted:

Wow, lucky for him the Jesus Medic was at hand with emergency prayers!

I liked the prayer dude wearing a full-face biking helmet tho(?). Jesus helps those who wear body armor and open carry amen.

cynic
Jan 19, 2004

Hobo Clown posted:

I'm so used to it by now so but every once and a while I have to take a step back and marvel that the President of the United States goes on Twitter to sling grade school insults at literally everybody who says something negative about him on TV

I honestly wish he would read the comments and argue directly with Twitter randoms, but he's more a shitpost-n-run tweeter.

cynic
Jan 19, 2004

I made this quickly (not an edit, I just CSS'ed out his actual blabberings so you could see how disputed it all is.

cynic
Jan 19, 2004

lol

cynic
Jan 19, 2004

Play posted:

The American people's opinion of Trump is pretty drat low, but it's even lower outside of the country.

Our opinion as a source of endless comedy and schadenfreude or our opinion of him as a politician and human being?

I mean, if you look at this as slapstick it's the most amazing piece of performance art I've ever seen. Talk about dedication!

cynic
Jan 19, 2004

Power Khan posted:

One thing that warms my heart is how shitheads will PAY Trump (pbuh) to speak at events.

A few months down the road, it's going to be ultra presidential

My wife used to be fairly high up at a huge financial company and she kept getting invited to events where chud ex-presidents/prime-ministers/sports personalities would get invited to speak for 6 figure sums; and I can guarantee you that being a corpulent borderline-dementia has-been is absolutely not an impediment to getting this kind of work.

cynic
Jan 19, 2004

Have they made sure they booked the Phoenix Hyatt and not Hyatt Hand Car Wash and Taquito Stand this time?

cynic
Jan 19, 2004

explosivo posted:

Lol that one of the most consistent parts of Trump's platform over these last 4 years was actually "how bad toilets are these days". poo poo reminds me of a kid running for class president on the platform of of one free PB&J uncrustable per day or something like that.

He likes to turn his personal losses into political platform; see his hugely anti-'windmills' stance after Scotland built wind turbines next to his golf course. Based on this, I can only assume that at some point in his life, Donald Trump has lost badly to a toilet and to this day holds a grudge.

cynic
Jan 19, 2004

Ah man I just loled a little too hard and sharted does anyone know what brand trump uses to prevent this kind of staining?

cynic
Jan 19, 2004

Imagine being able to trace your grandmas fatal case of covid directly back to Guiliani's bowels. This is a distinct possibility in this, the endtimes.

cynic
Jan 19, 2004

TV Zombie posted:

How did we get into corn talk?

Rule 89 of the internet; every forum thread will eventually end up being about Hitler or corn.

cynic
Jan 19, 2004

I assumed someone had used trump tweets to make a Markov chain generator and yes they have;

https://filiph.github.io/markov/

cynic
Jan 19, 2004

kupachek posted:

Solarwind was part of the big supplychain hack that compromised the US Govt, the Russians are being blamed at the moment.

To be honest it could have been just about anyone since they posted the password to their update server on a public GitHub. Although the actual hack seemed to be made in their build system to create a cryptographically signed bit of malware which would have required a lot more knowledge. Still not known how many people were compromised or how badly though. A TON of companies use SolarWinds software though; every single US Telecoms company, NASA, pretty much all the universities. Blaming the Russians angle came from people without solid connections to the companies involved so it can probably be taken with a pinch of salt at this point.

cynic
Jan 19, 2004

George H.W. oval office posted:

Oh the rare double red text nice

I'm seeing more of these, and a lot from non-blue-tick accounts. One of my hobbies at the moment is digging down into trump replies/retweets until I find someone posting a bannable offence (threats of murder by rape or whatevs) and reporting it so I get a steady flow of 'this account has been banned, thanks for reporting it' messages in my inbox. It doesn't take long, but it helps me feel I'm doing my part.

cynic
Jan 19, 2004

https://twitter.com/NorthernSprw/status/1338904854979350528

This has not been retweeted nearly enough and it probably should be.

cynic
Jan 19, 2004

Pot Smoke Phoenix posted:

I don't think Donald Trump is very good at chess at ALL

It's 7-d chess nub, your plebeian brain just can't comprehend it YET.

cynic
Jan 19, 2004

DickParasite posted:

Wow he sure looks like a miserable rear end in a top hat.

Talking as someone who has both been interviewed by the press a ton, and worked for the MAIN STREAM MEDIA alongside journalists for many years - don't ever loving talk to journalists. Not ever. If you have something to sell or a point to make do it through a PR release and have it sent to them; they are lazy and will happily regurgitate whatever. If you speak to them they will tear apart whatever you meant and put it back together in the way that suits their borderline-illiterate story, and then their editor will turn it into something else again and if it will make money for their slowly dying business model they will absolutely gently caress you over without having a second thought.

There are a handful of exceptions but 99% of journos are literal shitbags that you NEVER want to have to share office toilet facilities with EVER.

cynic fucked around with this message at 22:12 on Dec 18, 2020

cynic
Jan 19, 2004

IncredibleIgloo posted:

They are the Hunter Biden laptop newspaper, so it is unlikely any negative consequence could arise from this.

Most newspapers have a seriously large fund for paying out copyright/defamation/miscellaneous suits. One of my previous jobs I coded software to track who approved use of photo X because they were paying out millions a month.
because the journos were barely sober enough to write words into the computay-machine, never mind check the usage terms of the image the appeared first in Google Image Search for 'immigrants stealing jobs'

cynic
Jan 19, 2004

Woke Pob posted:

Just checking in to lol that turmp is predisent.

I made soup for my family

That looks like really drat good soup. Recipe derail?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cynic
Jan 19, 2004

Woke Pob posted:

They didn't do this for every bomb. When they did, they called in to a select number of journalists who then had to call the police and try to accurately relay everything they'd been told. A lot of times the locations given were deliberately vague so that the police and army would put more boots on the ground to search, meaning there would be a higher chance of security forces being caught in the blast.

My cousin got her car blown up by the IRA back in the 90s and they were perfectly polite about the whole thing. Ambushed her on a country lane, allowed her to get her luggage out the back and dropped her by the side of the road, loaded it with a bomb, parked outside a police station, called in the customary x minute warning, blew up the bomb. Wasn't even seen as overly newsworthy - the IRA and politically related entities detonated 10,000 bombs give or take since the 70s, caused billions in damage.