Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Matlack Radio
Jun 2, 2006

Voted against Trum P. in Pennsylvania today. Shortest amount of time the process has ever taken me.

Stay the gently caress out of Philadelphia you repellent demagogue.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

ASenileAnimal posted:

scorpions winds of change playing over a montage of twitter and facebook data centers being smashed with sledgehammers

Yo I got two sledges in the garage, one is for me but if someone else needs one I got you fam

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

I preferred your last avatar, so I put it back. My apologies to the pedo who purchased your last one (it's always projection).

Texas is the reason

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GplWFSU3tLA

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

:sickos:
https://twitter.com/AOC/status/1323029852346265600

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

I preferred your last avatar, so I put it back. My apologies to the pedo who purchased your last one (it's always projection).

ASenileAnimal posted:

scorpions winds of change playing over a montage of twitter and facebook data centers being smashed with sledgehammers

LOL!!!!!!!

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
https://twitter.com/b_schaffner/status/1323022023078150149

Skratte
Nov 11, 2010

my little lefty texas heart cannot take this. I am trying not to hold out hope that texas will go biden, because I know it'll get dashed, but also... what if!! God I'll be loling until the end of time

Either way, it's still incredibly funny that texas isn't a stronghold this election because republicans hosed up THAT MUCH.

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!
re: election wine

hildog will be sippin' some zin made from very very sour grapes if and when biden wins

Castor Poe
Jul 19, 2010

Jar Jar is the key to all of this.

Sonic the Hedgechud

Xenocides
Jan 14, 2008

This world looks very scary....

It shouldn’t at this point but the ex-Boy Scout in me is annoyed at how these “patriots” maul the flag code. Seriously, show some respect you braindead hicks.

Then again the flag is their symbol right now. I want to reclaim it but unless/until we reclaim some of the principles it is supposed to be about an appeal to the flag is just naked nationalism. :(

kupachek
Aug 5, 2015

This man’s brain is trembling in the balance between reason and insanity, and as he stalks on with clenched fist and sword in hand, as though he still saw those murderous Russians gunners.

These are the same people who advocate for violence when it's a person of color that's holding up traffic.

skyelevator
Apr 12, 2020

Xenocides posted:

It shouldn’t at this point but the ex-Boy Scout in me is annoyed at how these “patriots” maul the flag code. Seriously, show some respect you braindead hicks.

Then again the flag is their symbol right now. I want to reclaim it but unless/until we reclaim some of the principles it is supposed to be about an appeal to the flag is just naked nationalism. :(

In the UK our flag was fairly strongly associated with the far right, but then we had Brit Pop and The Spice Girls and everything's fine now.

Xenocides
Jan 14, 2008

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1323030714330292226

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1323030825072472065

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1323030938952060928

Throwing everything at the wall and hoping something sticks. Very suave.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

I’m cool with charter schools disappearing and by proxy DeVos can rot in hell too

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

trump didnt write those even

Xenocides
Jan 14, 2008

skyelevator posted:

In the UK our flag was fairly strongly associated with the far right, but then we had Brit Pop and The Spice Girls and everything's fine now.

I like the UK flag. I lived over there for a few years before college. I thought about going to a Trump rally to wave the Union Jack to confuse everyone but there was a good show on Netflix.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Xenocides posted:

It has been a thing to ask for recounts in close races. It is rare in Presidential elections though and there are not a lot of court battles though presidential campaigns keep them on standby if there are believed to be any irregularities. This is the first time in my memory that we have had a campaign claiming fraud before the election.

The Bush/Gore Florida recount was an exception and that involved a weird set of circumstances. There was an automatic recount but it was limited to a few counties and there were problems with completing the recount in time and the Supreme Court weighed in. Gore screwed up by waiting too long to weigh in and request a full recount. While I dislike the decision the court made I am not convinced a recount would have given Gore the Presidency and the reasoning was solid and it was not about “throwing out ballots” like the Republicans are trying to do now.

It is more usual for voting situations to be deal with in state courts. The federal Supreme Court could weigh in but unless there are solid “equal protection” grounds or some other constitutional issue it is unlikely. I don’t doubt there will be some challenges but I suspect most or all of them will be at the state level. This could be good or bad depending on the makeup of the state Supreme Court.

Recounting was the big thing but there was also a ton of effort to throw out ballots in Bush v Gore. All sorts of ballot discounting shenanigans occurred

The most famous is probably Republicans trying to argue that Florida should not count ballots with "hanging chads", wherein a voter had clearly selected a candidate but left a tiny sliver of paper attached to the hole.

There was also a scandal where voters in some districts were told immediately if they had made a mistake and were given a second chance to vote, but not others. African Americans were 2-4x more likely to have their ballots thrown out, due to discrepancies in who was given a chance to correct a mistake.

Ballots were also thrown out if people voted for a candidate and also wrote that candidate's name into the write-in field. Like... clearly that person wanted to vote for that candidate, but these ballots were thrown out anyway. A study found that if just these kinds of ballots were counted then Gore would have won.

e: Basically people think hellworld began in 2020 or 2016 but lol no it began in 2000 when Republicans stole an election for Bush

QuarkJets fucked around with this message at 00:03 on Nov 2, 2020

Xenocides
Jan 14, 2008

hemale in pain posted:

Yep, way too coherent. Not enough exclamation marks.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"

Xenocides
Jan 14, 2008

QuarkJets posted:

Recounting was the big thing but there was also a ton of effort to throw out ballots in Bush v Gore. All sorts of ballot discounting shenanigans occurred

The most famous is probably Republicans trying to argue that Florida should not count ballots with "hanging chads", wherein a voter had clearly selected a candidate but left a tiny sliver of paper attached to the hole.

There was also a scandal where voters in some were told immediately if they had made a mistake and were given a second chance to vote, but not others. African Americans were 2-4x more likely to have their ballots thrown out, due to discrepancies in who was given a chance to correct a mistake.

Ballots were also thrown out if people voted for a candidate and also wrote that candidate's name into the write-in field. Like... clearly that person wanted to vote for that candidate, but these ballots were thrown out anyway. A study found that if just these kinds of ballots were counted then Gore would have won.

I remember “dimpled chads”. I forgot about the write-in thing. One takeaway I got was that Florida’s voting methods were awful. Probably still are because...Florida.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

they shook

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

skyelevator posted:

there's still the saint george cross flag which if i see i assume the person is racist

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

It's amazing how obvious it is when someone else writes his tweets for him.

Harveygod
Jan 4, 2014

YEEAAH HEH HEH HEEEHH

YOU KNOW WHAT I'M SAYIN

THIS TRASH WAR AIN'T GONNA SOLVE ITSELF YA KNOW

redgubbinz posted:

Where do I sign up for the sledgehammer squad

Where do I cum?

skyelevator
Apr 12, 2020

hemale in pain posted:

there's still the saint george cross flag which if i see i assume the person is racist

Yeah, still waiting for a music scene to wrestle that one back.

Bronze Fonz
Feb 14, 2019

hemale in pain posted:

Steven Miller.

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

Raskolnikov2089 posted:

Convoy chud is bragging on his facebook about driving the black truck that rammed the Biden staffer. Predictably his employer's twitter feed is filling up with people trying to get him fired.

https://twitter.com/TechnipFMC/status/1321753179369967617

He also "accidentally" drove through a BLM protest in September.

Apparently he has priors. One of which was impersonating a police officer....to a police officer.

quote:

West Texas man impersonates police, confronts actual police
Midland Reporter-Telegram | on October 7, 2014

"A 41-year-old Midland man was arrested Sunday after he impersonated a police officer and confronted an actual police detective, according to court documents.

Eleazar Cisneros was being held Monday on a $25,000 bond for a third-degree felony charge of impersonating or exerting the functions of a public servant.

A Midland police detective was in an unmarked vehicle at about 2:30 p.m. Sunday in a parking lot.
Another vehicle, driven by Cisneros, pulled up next to his vehicle and parked. He approached the detective's vehicle and knocked very aggressively on the window in order to initiate contact.
Cisneros told him he had cut him off with his vehicle and that he was a police officer, not knowing that the detective was a licensed peace officer.
"

I'm glad prior arrests for impersonating police didn't stop him from being allowed to own firearms!

Oh and here he is admitting everything:

Slippery
May 16, 2004

Muscles Boxcar

Harveygod posted:

Where do I cum?

In an old sock duh

Slippery
May 16, 2004

Muscles Boxcar

Bronze Fonz posted:

Steven Miller.

That loving Nazi

AHH F/UGH
May 25, 2002

Wow Biden sounds really cool!

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret
Christ the right wing media ramping up to complain and bitch about a Biden victory is gonna get some people killed.

Xenocides
Jan 14, 2008

https://twitter.com/TNYellowDog/status/1322999151785877509

No, Lindsay. Dig UP! UP!

No, never mind, just do your thing man.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

apatheticman posted:

Christ the right wing media ramping up to complain and bitch about a Biden victory is gonna get some people killed.

hopefully, the nazis

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

https://twitter.com/kaitlancollins/status/1323036813720723458?s=20

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret

Squiddycat posted:

hopefully, the nazis

I agree, but the world is rarely just

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

Hi, I'm Arson Marxist, and I'll be your Gun-Grabber for this evening.

skyelevator
Apr 12, 2020

I'm guessing the boat has sailed on getting Trump to use "Be Aggressive" by Faith No More at a rally?

The songs he is using are already pretty bizarre, doesn't seem like much of a push.

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

Whos everyones "i can't wait to read tweets from if Trump loses?

My top 5

1. Dinesh
2. Jenna Ellis
3. Charlie Kirk
4. Prestler
5. Diamond and Silk

5. Scott Adams
4. Dan Boingiongo
3. Robby Starbuck, whoever the gently caress that is
2. Deplorable Choir
1. Scott Presler

Xenocides
Jan 14, 2008

https://twitter.com/TropicaliJaye/status/1322936435628937216

:unsmith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

Chumbawumba4ever97 posted:

Apparently he has priors. One of which was impersonating a police officer....to a police officer.

I'm glad prior arrests for impersonating police didn't stop him from being allowed to own firearms!

Oh and here he is admitting everything:

LOL!!!