Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

You should hear my accent.
Everybody seems to either be in a really dark place or trolling those people who are in a really dark place. Is this what it's like to be Gen Y or Gen Z?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

BIG FLUFFY DOG posted:

RBG did not take refuge in Amitabha Buddha prior to death. She does not possess enough merit for the realm of Heaven the asuras or even to remain a human. What merit she did gain was cancelled from her selfishness in refusing to retire in 2013 while 80 and cancer stricken. I am sad to say she is burning in hell.

I have taken the great vow and take no pleasure in reporting this.

I thought she got cast back in the cycle of Samsara.

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

copy posted:

Pretty sure she's in that "stuck as the worst thing repeating forever" loop that Roast Beef almost got sent to.

Got a link? I could use a laugh.

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

"Definitively had no knowledge?"

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

This reminds me of a scene from Master of None.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=33OfuUgKrZ8&t=258s

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

Eleanor Pwnsevelt posted:

I remember in the weeks leading up to the election in 2016 that Hillary did the exact same thing which I thought was cool at first but when she lost I was like why the gently caress didn’t you focus on Florida and PA

Hillary spent a lot of time on Florida and Pennsylvania from what I remember. It was the "rust belt" that got neglected because her campaign took states like WI and MI for granted.

I'd feel better knowing that GOTV was in full effect in the swing states and no other states were getting affected badly. I read that Biden gave the blessing for doorknocking now and it seems like OH is close enough to be worth an investment and spending money in Texas would at least help downballot races there, so hopefully we won't be engaging in any recriminations after November 3rd.

zer0spunk posted:

i tried to watch the last vp debate from 2016 and fell asleep 4 minutes into it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZDv3JXcRdas

bonus points if you even remembered the name of the dem candidate

I know what a lot of posters here aren't Tim Kaine fans, but I sympathize with the guy because he's obviously thrown off by Pence's shameless and nonstop lying. Even Obama had trouble debating against someone using that tactic.

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

Groovelord Neato posted:

Kinda sucks neither party is going to even try to stave off the apocalypse!

Can you get high off natural gas?

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

This is horrible. How is Prop 22 polling?

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

Virginia Slams posted:

Haven't heard from Bill Barr for some time now. Sending negative energy his way!

He's busy suing Yale for not throwing applications from minorities into the trash:

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-10-08/yale-sued-by-justice-department-over-race-based-admissions

That's what our nation needs in the middle of a pandemic!

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

LordSloth posted:

Basically, the NY Post, a Rupert Murdoch-owned right-wing tabloid that, iirc, helped trump bury his sex scandals

The National Enquirer, which is not a Murdoch publication, was the one that helped Trump bury his sex scandals.

The New York Post is still horrible, though. It does not make a profit and Murdoch keeps it going for ideological purposes and as a loss leader for his other horrible offerings.

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

Do people outside of the right wing media bubble think Trump won the debate? It didn't sound like it from the other sources I've read, but I might be the one in the bubble.

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

Strong Sauce posted:

i just want to say, gently caress you alt-righters.

my mom just sent me a pizzagate video, it was subtitled in Chinese.

not a lol. gently caress you cernovich.. loving assholes. gently caress.

Has your mom gone into the abyss? :(

I'm really sorry,

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

hawowanlawow posted:

remember that time caligula made his horse a senator lol

INCITATUS 2024

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

Is there a rally right now or is this a general observation?

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

InternetJunky posted:

Uh oh, we've walked into their trap

Why are they photoshopping those pictures to make them look like the villains from a bad superhero movie?

Or is that the point?

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

Galvanik posted:

This thing I read said that if Flynn's pardon isn't declared unlawful, it means Trump isn't protected by Flynn's use of the fifth amendment anymore. Flynn would then be legally obligated to testify against Trump or go to jail for criminal obstruction

That's a big lol

I think it is up for debate how much real appetite there is for Trump investigations during the next 2-4 years. A lot of people are going to whine about needing to "move on."

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

Amy took the Infinity Gauntlet away from George Soros after Soros, in his hubris, decided to incorporate himself with the universe and leave his physical body behind. :(

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

Hunter's rocking Blue Steel there.

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

Catastrophe posted:

- Imprisons God
- Makes the death penalty mandatory for owning guns
- Offers a $10,000 payout to anyone who gets an abortion
- Going to church now costs every member $150 per day
- Displaying an American flag now gets you a minimum $500 daily fine
- The military now gets $0 per year

-Biden

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

Jon Bon Jovi's voice sounds a little weird.

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

DaveKap posted:

You have to be in peak physical form to go into space.

You may not like it, but this is what peak performance looks like.

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

I like this Black Pumas band.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

fuckingtest posted:

Man, I'm in Florida and my stepdaughter is going back to school next week and I'm so loving tired of this loving DeSantis vs. Smart People bullshit.

Can we just fast-forwards to that Star Trek: TNG ep where the guys have that little toot-thingy where they spray drugs up their nose whenever poo poo gets too deep?

I thought you already had drugs you could put up your nose to improve your mood in Florida.