Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NC Wyeth Death Cult
Dec 30, 2005

He lost his life in Chadds Ford, he was dancing with a train.
Trump's deal to normalize Sudan's ties with the U.S. and Israel is falling apart because of... *Rudy Giuliani voice* NINE ELEVEN

https://6abc.com/trump-admin-offered-$700m-to-9-11-victims-to-save-sudan-deal/8714416/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NC Wyeth Death Cult
Dec 30, 2005

I wonder if Trump would call Mississippi a "third world shithole" yet after a Christian relief charity that usually deploys to third-world countries that have experienced disasters just deployed to the state. From the AP News article:

To deal with overflow COVID patients, Christian relief charity Samaritan’s Purse set up an emergency field hospital in the parking garage of UMMC’s children’s hospital.

The hospital is treating an average of 15 patients a day, with the capacity for seven ICU patients.

Nurse Kelly Sites, who has also treated COVID patients in hotspots like California and Italy, said it’s heartwrenching to know that some of the severe cases could have been prevented with the vaccine. Many patients are so sick they can’t talk. Nurses walk around with scripture verses on duct tape on their scrubs and will recite them to their patients.

Samaritan’s Purse is an international disaster relief organization with missions spanning multiple continents. Sites has responded to 20 missions, in Haiti, the Philippines, Liberia, the Democratic Republic of Congo and other places.

“To respond to the United States is quite surreal for us,” she said. “It’s a challenge because usually, home is stable. And so when we deploy, we’re just going to the disaster. This is the first time where home is a disaster.”

https://apnews.com/article/health-coronavirus-pandemic-cbc4d9aa87d4f74991f9bea959bf0939

NC Wyeth Death Cult
Dec 30, 2005

I wanted to see exotic Vietnam... the crown jewel of Southeast Asia. I wanted to meet interesting and stimulating people of an ancient culture... and kill them. I wanted to be the first kid on my block to get a confirmed kill.

NC Wyeth Death Cult
Dec 30, 2005

Time_pants posted:

Jesus Christ almighty you people are so God drat far removed from the actual real world it is almost unbelievable. No, a chud isn't going to snap and blow up a hospital because they think there's a conspiracy to deliberately kill unvaccinated patients.

Let me remind you that your skewed view on the world does not in any way accurately reflect how conservatives behave and act. So let's all take a deep breath, collect our thoughts, and if you are ready to have a conversation grounded in reality, we should start by asking how many.

Reminds me of this

"The defendant then took it upon himself to act in what he believed would be a violent confrontation at the restaurant," the statement reads. Welch unsuccessfully attempted to try to persuade friends to join him. He said he believed it would involve "sacraficing [sic] the lives of a few for the lives of many," according to court documents.

Welch then drove to Washington and entered Comet Ping Pong, where numerous children were present. He was brandishing the 3-foot-long rifle and had a loaded revolver in a holster on his hip. Employees and clients fled the pizzeria while Welch looked around the restaurant and moved furniture.

He terrified an employee who inadvertently returned to the restaurant during his "investigation," briefly pointing a gun at him before the employee ran for his life. Welch also shot through the lock of a closet, damaging a computer. Nobody was injured, and he ultimately surrendered to the police.

https://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2017/06/22/533941689/pizzagate-gunman-sentenced-to-4-years-in-prison

NC Wyeth Death Cult
Dec 30, 2005

It's depressing that a contractor or someone I work with will probably drop this truth bomb on me on Monday.

NC Wyeth Death Cult
Dec 30, 2005

They all can't be happy endings.

After 169 hospitals, a dad finally got the Covid-19 care he needed -- and changed dozens of skeptics' minds

https://www.cnn.com/2021/09/19/health/florida-man-inspires-covid-vaccinations/index.html

TLDR:

"Just a few weeks ago, the Florida father of six was on a ventilator with Covid-19 pneumonia in both lungs. Like most Americans hospitalized with Covid-19, Walker was not vaccinated."

"Within a few days, Robby developed a fever and tested positive for Covid-19.
Shortly afterward, 11 other family members and friends went on a boat trip. All 11 of them became infected, Susan said.
"It spread like wildfire," she said.
Susan did not get sick this summer. But she says her son, her brother-in-law, her cousin and her cousin's fiancée all got Covid-19.
Two months later, Susan's 51-year-old brother-in-law still struggles to breathe normally -- frequently coughing and fighting to catch his breath, she said.
But it was her 52-year-old husband who suffered the most.
The fever had progressed to pneumonia in both lungs, and he was rushed to an emergency room. "

The family calls all over Florida for a free bed for ECMO treatment. Nothing is available. A doctor in New England sees his story on Facebook and offers the guy a bed.

"It appeared the father of six would survive -- thanks largely to the doctor who stumbled upon Susan's interview and decided to help.
If not for Gallagher, "I'd probably be sitting in front of a tombstone," Susan said."

Thanks for thanking the hospital people for saving you from an easily avoidable fate

"He got emotional when he talked about how hard Susan and other family members worked to find life-saving treatment for him.
"I couldn't be more proud of her," Robby said, crying. "She's my hero."
He also credited Gallagher and the chief perfusionist for making his recovery possible. "

Postscript: their kids are now vaccinated and all it took was a multi-million dollar hail mary to save the father of her children to convince them it was worth the risk.

She soon took her sons to get vaccinated -- and not just for their own health. Nicholson wanted to minimize the risk of her children accidentally spreading the virus to others and causing a shortage of hospital resources -- just like Robby faced.

With so many Covid-19 patients in hospitals, she's particularly worried about her 17-year-old getting into a car crash.
"If he got in an accident, he wouldn't have the health care ... because they don't have the room, and they don't have the staff," Nicholson said.

NC Wyeth Death Cult fucked around with this message at 14:19 on Sep 19, 2021

NC Wyeth Death Cult
Dec 30, 2005

SocketWrench posted:

I'd base it on the black socks. "Shorts and t-shirts, in warm weather, in the modern era? Must be sus" Really seems like a stupid take from the dude

It's a crap shoot. Black socks with shorts is like salmon/Nantucket red shorts and pants- they rapidly go in and out of fashion and right now this summer, young people here in one of the largest cities on the East Coast are wearing black socks with shorts.

NC Wyeth Death Cult
Dec 30, 2005

Lol, our best bet to survive without overwhelming violence is if Russia, the EU and China step in and Balkanize the US.

NC Wyeth Death Cult
Dec 30, 2005

I am two paragraphs into the prologue of the new Woodward book where he talks about General Milley and the Chinese and this is going to be a wild loving ride.

NC Wyeth Death Cult
Dec 30, 2005

An excerpt From Woodward's book detailing the call between General Milley and House Speaker Nancy Pelosi. The general up to this point has been repeatedly claiming that no nuclear or military moves can be made by a president that are immoral or illegal but won't specify how they could stop the president from doing so. She sounds like she wants to rip his head off.

“This is one of those moments, Madam Speaker, where you’re going to have to trust me on this. I guarantee it. I’m giving you my word. I can’t say any of this publicly because I really don’t have the authorities and it would be misconstrued in 50 different directions, but I can assure you that the United States military is steady as a rock and we’re not going to do anything illegal, immoral or unethical with the use of force. We will not do it.”

Pelosi interjected. “But he just did something illegal, immoral and unethical and nobody stopped him. Nobody. Nobody at the White House. This escalated in the way it did because of the intent of the president. The president incited it and nobody in the White House did anything about it. Nobody in the White House did anything to stop him.”

“I’m not going to disagree with you,” Milley replied.

“So you’re saying you’re going to make sure it doesn’t happen?” the speaker asked. “It already did happen. An assault on our democracy happened and nobody said, you can’t do that. Nobody.”

“Well, Madam Speaker, the launching of nuclear weapons and the incitement of a riot…”

“I know they’re different. Thank you very much. What I’m saying to you is that if they couldn’t even stop him from an assault on the Capitol, who even knows what else he may do? And is there anybody in charge at the White House who was doing anything but kissing his fat butt all over this?”

She continued, “Is there any reason to think that somebody, some voice of reason, could have weighed in with him? So for this, we are very, very affected by this. This is not an accident. This is not something that you go, well, now that’s done, let’s go from there. Let’s move on. It ain’t that. This is deep what he did. He traumatized the staff. He assaulted the Capitol and the rest of that. And he’s not going to get away with it. He’s not going to be empowered to do more.”

Woodward, Bob; Costa, Robert. Peril (pp. XXI-XXII).

NC Wyeth Death Cult
Dec 30, 2005

haljordan posted:

Lmao if Trump wanted to launch nukes he would've given the order and this Milley rear end in a top hat would've carried it out with a smile on his face

Every single thing Pelosi said on that call was 100% correct

Absolutely- later he calls all of the people who would be involved with the decision to launch nukes or airstrikes together and makes them pinkie swear to call him so he can stamp his feet so they can FOLLOW PROCEDURE. He's literally covering his rear end if there would be a war crimes trial.

NC Wyeth Death Cult
Dec 30, 2005

Guze posted:

"Madame Speaker, I can assure you all the proper rules will be followed if the President decides to glass the city of Milwaukee"

General Milley: Madam Speaker, the play's the thing wherein I'll catch the conscience of the king!

*California slides into the sea from nuclear detonations along the San Andreas fault while Trump laughs and chokes on his popcorn watching a Punch & Judy show about an amoral, idiot rapist president*

NC Wyeth Death Cult fucked around with this message at 18:56 on Sep 21, 2021

NC Wyeth Death Cult
Dec 30, 2005

Woodward's book about Trump quickly starts painting Trump as an outlier rather than a part of a larger problem, then he turns to mythologizing Biden... a lot.

Every single one of these lines reads like a high schooler or Amanda Palmer is reciting it on stage.

Biden’s pollster, John Anzalone, a son of Teamsters in Michigan who had worked with Biden since his unsuccessful 1988 campaign in Iowa, produced slides, known as “Anzo’s decks,” for Biden to take on the road and flip through with candidates and donors.

On one slide, Anzalone wrote “Democratic primary voters tended to support more traditional, establishment candidates over progressive firebrands.”

A final slide concluded, “Importantly, there is no urgent demand for a younger generation of leadership among voters.” Biden would not say whether he would run. He was coy, and let the slides make the argument.

Woodward, Bob; Costa, Robert. Peril (p. 18). Simon & Schuster. Kindle Edition.

NC Wyeth Death Cult
Dec 30, 2005

Dick Jones posted:

With the current SCOTUS there’s never been a better time. Roe’s days are numbered. Not hard to imagine a 5-4 decision to overturn Brown v Board of Education (with Thomas writing the majority opinion).

*yelling into the food order intercom at Arby's or Wendy's from the window of a pickup truck too high to see in *

YOU SEE RACISM IS OVER WE HAD A BLACK PRESIDENT

NC Wyeth Death Cult
Dec 30, 2005

The only eyes that are turned to PA are the ones who need to keep fleecing idiots by giving them false hope.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

NC Wyeth Death Cult
Dec 30, 2005

Only registered members can see post attachments!

NC Wyeth Death Cult fucked around with this message at 00:12 on Sep 27, 2021

NC Wyeth Death Cult
Dec 30, 2005

Nocheez posted:

Does anyone have any vaccine success stories? I'll start.

My wife, who works from home, was eligible to get the shot before me, who is considered an essential worker because I can hit boilers with a hammer, so when I got covid she already had one shot. My temp maxed out at 103 for several days while hers, with only one shot, never passed 100. She considered it a nuisance. This was likely my second bout with covid, too.

Meanwhile, for two of the five of my coworkers (none of who are vaccinated) that also tested positive- one's lungs decided to shut down (he barely lived) and the other's body rejected fluids and had to go to a second hospital because the first he went to was at capacity.

NC Wyeth Death Cult
Dec 30, 2005

Not saying they are impossible but don't get your hopes up about the thorium reactor. They are notoriously difficult to maintain because you are literally dealing with molten salt. The US, in its infinite wisdom, originally researched them as a compact alternative for use on nuclear subs and airplanes. It'd be way cool if the Chinese were able to make it work, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NC Wyeth Death Cult
Dec 30, 2005

wuffles posted:

Tangentially related, but the left only wishes they could be as woke as Disney animators in the 1940’s.

You may already know this, but there is a scene in DUMBO where the clowns are talking about demanding more money from the ringmaster because they really run the show. That was Walt's petty revenge against the animators who were on strike for better wages.