Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Scientastic posted:

Excellent, well this is a clusterfuck

could it have been a coincidence

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Sandwolf posted:

could it have been a coincidence

no, nevermind, so incredibly unlikely

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Cloner you're a gunsmith?

Cena are YOU a gunsmith?

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Cloner of the Elks posted:

All gunsmiths, please make yourselves known

Wait so you literally make little toy guns to give to people?

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Scientastic posted:

What is the pro-town purpose of giving people non-functioning guns if there are gunsmiths in the game?

it'd be a slightly more technical framer, like a miller-maker

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Hey dude, these are replicas

man your tone here is pinging me

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

No, I just identify them

WhAt

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Nothing, it's irrelevant. I just know if someone is capable of shooting someone

WHAT

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Scientastic posted:

I think that in the course of this exchange, Cloner got shouted at in the scumdoc for getting his claim wrong

honestly had the exact same vibe of someone bungling a claim

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

cena please come explain your role and if it's virtually identical to cloner's

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

JOHN CENA posted:

he's probated rn lol

I’m done to give Hawke time to respond but I’m probably gonna vote him.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Hum is tryna make some kind of weird point about a certain type of role?

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Sandwolf posted:

Hum is tryna make some kind of weird point about a certain type of role?

Response to Sci’s post about how gun giving could be pro-town

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Retro Futurist posted:

Sandwolf weren’t you untargetable n1?

I honestly don’t know. I received something else N1 but I don’t know if it was from the same person who debated me. I’m honestly kind of confused about what happened N1.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Scientastic posted:

I think the person who debated you was probably SNG

You were also debated last night, though, no?

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Scientastic posted:

Yeah, but my flavour definitely reads like the debate and the gun are separate events. I think that actually might just be coincidence.

The gun?

I’m so confused omg forget this I’m not gonna try to suss out what happened at night.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Uh, Sci..

I did receive a message, I do think the same person visited both of us (we know why), but I did not receive any gun...

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Scientastic posted:

Specifically, the gun I was given was engraved with a message that the person who gave it to me wrote: it had a special identifying word on it and it said that the person visited Sandwolf the previous night.

I received no other gun, so Hawke is lying.

you're sure of this? because this is loving bonkers confusing.

my debate + message also DO feel like the same event

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Gun with arabic...?

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Sorry I had some sadbrains last night I’m reading up now

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

JOHN CENA posted:

hawke says he received my question but it was softball, and hawke was my intended target so i dont think redirection happened. i could have been driven insane maybe. i wont discount all possibilities

Sci doesn’t this directly implode your supposition that one of Hawke/Cena isn’t lying?

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Scientastic posted:

But that doesn’t clear Binus?

unless he knows I'm town lol

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Scientastic posted:

When I thought that was engraved on the gun, I genuinely thought I’d caught Hawke in a massive lie.

it's pretty obvious one of those three is still lying imo

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Hal Incandenza posted:

Sandwolf, you said you were debated N1, and also got a message? Your original post about it sounded like it was the same person but is that two different visits then (SNG and b- I guess)

yeah exactly I do not know. D2 I thought it was the same person, after seeing SNG flip I thought it was two people, then Sci apparently confirming the exact same things happened (along with other stuff) made me think it was one person again

binus could clarify this whenever he wants

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

DGK2000 posted:

I tracked Cheese to Steak.

so why would scum visit a poisoned player the night after they're poisoned?

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Scientastic posted:

Eh, they could be. At the moment, I trust Hawke the most, probably Cena the least, but I don’t think it’s a given that any of them are lying, I think that’s a risky assumption.

Sci, occam's razor is a great thing. If three people's statements are not consistent, one of them is lying. Town should not be lying.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Scientastic posted:

I don’t disagree, but I think that working out which one of them is potentially lying is very difficult, when I am very confident that DGK and Cheese are scum.

If it comes to it, I am really sure Hawke isn’t lying, for what that’s worth.

I mean, I think it's Cena, but can you walk me through why you are so sure on Hawke?

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Scientastic posted:

In my night flavour, it was:

Debate. Gun. Message.

Which leads me to understand that the debate is one person, the gun is Hawke and the message is Binus.

mine was:

Debate. Message.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Sandwolf posted:

mine was:

Debate. Message.

my point moreso there was why hasn't binus clarified it yet

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

okay, that works for me, but I don't see how JC could be deceived, he seems insistent that he asked a 'hard question'

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

JOHN CENA posted:

i didnt get to pick the questions for what its worth so i have no idea what specifically was sent to sci or hawke

but you know it was a softball for sci and a hardball for hawke?

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

b-minus1 posted:

man i dont know what to do. im torn between cloner dgk and cheese. we need to get to the bottom of the cena/hawke/cloner night action confusion, but im worried that if we going to run out of time. if we mislunch today it's probably game over

I’m pretty much here but torn between DGK, Cena, and GG. Feel p good about binus and Sci, though some small part of me is suspicious of the way Sci brought up all the night action stuff.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

DGK2000 posted:

##vote Hawke the cenation says he can directly kill.

Cena is there anyway this is not true?

You said you are told whether or not people can kill, not whether they have guns or not, but whether they can kill. You were told Hawke can kill, no?

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Why Sandwolf never answer to my cases? WHY?

what do you want me to say, honestly?

is anyone gonna be around until deadline?

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

do you think hawke is scum then? as far as I can tell, ONE of you has to be lying about the ability to kill

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

JOHN CENA posted:

i do, there's a reason i chose to investigate him in the first place. i was told my action was successful so i wasn't roleblocked. he confirmed receiving a question so that erases all doubt of if i was maybe busdriven or something. i don't think a framer would interfere with my ability, i think his ability directly interferes with it, maybe theres something where he's coming off as a miller to me because he has guns that he could distribute but that feels like too big of a stretch, occam's razor here just tells me he's scum and some people are overthinking things.

okay so here is my issue. this is a direct contradiction between hawke and cena about who has the ability to kill. One of these two people is scum. I don't necessarily think DGK is scum. I'll vote there to prevent a no lunch, but he just seems like a lurker lunch, him getting all testy every time he's prodded makes me think he's just not invested.

So cena could be lying about his result, but from the sounds of it, it's a pure gunsmith. If Cloner is a gunsmith too I'd reckon he's the one meant to be faked out by Hawke's role, which is probably a gunsmith-framer, which makes sense as a scum role.

Cena can't be lying about his role because it's been confirmed by Sci at least partly. I don't know why Cena would lie about his result.

I think ##vote hawke

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

i'll be around up until deadline though and will switch to prevent NL but I really think we need to cut this gordian knot today

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

SHALASHASKA HAWKE posted:

Cena how did I get the same result on my end as Sci did? Obvs one way is if we’re scum and he shared it, but you trust the result on Sci apparently?

lol this feels like you know sci is the poisoner

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

SHALASHASKA HAWKE posted:

Hum may have created a very elaborate anti-night action bingo setup which is very much my jam. Leave that aside and look at the votes/content.

yeah but this feels like you trying to squirrel out of your result with mod wifom

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

one of the gunsmiths is probably scum and they don't want to clarify for it

I feel like maybe I want to go back to GG today.