Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

SANADA already had Ibushi's shoulders pinned for a second before the timer even starts :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Thauros posted:

gently caress i assumed that was a legit 3 count that they didn't count as it wasn't supposed to end there

See, this is what happens when you doubt God himself.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Holy poo poo that is absolutely incredible.

HidaO-Win
Jun 5, 2013

"And I did it, because I was a man who had exhausted reason and thus turned to magicks"

Jerusalem posted:

Holy poo poo that is absolutely incredible.

Ibushi is one of the greats, he’s just got amazing timing.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

The controversy has been reopened. This is why we need VAR

https://twitter.com/GifSkullIV/status/1317771338208006145?s=19

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Rarity posted:

SANADA already had Ibushi's shoulders pinned for a second before the timer even starts :colbert:

I loving said so :argh:

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Rarity posted:

I loving said so :argh:

Well the evidence shows it was 0.09 seconds

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

Well the evidence shows it was 0.09 seconds

Good enough :colbert:

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.
I bit hard on that rollup and then on the first kamigoye. Glad Ibushi won but SANADA held up his end too.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I mean....

It's fake, guys. It doesn't actually matter how long his shoulders were down.

I understand getting into a match but did you REALLY think they were ending the G1 Climax on a rollup?

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

It's fake, guy

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

MJeff posted:

I understand getting into a match but did you REALLY think they were ending the G1 Climax on a rollup?

SANADA wins as many matches with the O'Connor Roll as he does with the moonsault

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Rarity posted:

SANADA wins as many matches with the O'Connor Roll as he does with the moonsault

And Zack wins as many matches with the European Clutch as he does with any of his other finishers, but if he was gonna win a G1 Climax, which God willing, some day he will, you bet your rear end he's dropping them down with the Zack Driver or tapping them out with

*checks notes*

Hurrah! Another Year, Surely This One Will Be Better Than the Last; The Inexorable March of Progress Will Lead Us All to Happiness.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

MJeff posted:

I mean....

It's fake, guys. It doesn't actually matter how long his shoulders were down.

In the moment, yes. Maybe it's because I've been watching a lot of other promotions where flash-pins do happen, even in big matches, (not to mention flash KOs) but I utterly bought it as a potential finish.

Thanlis
Mar 17, 2011

forkboy84 posted:

In the moment, yes. Maybe it's because I've been watching a lot of other promotions where flash-pins do happen, even in big matches, (not to mention flash KOs) but I utterly bought it as a potential finish.

Yeah, I bought it, particularly given the relatively high number of flash pins during the G1. They’d established that Ibushi was exhausted and hurt, and it’d already been 30 minutes. Intellectually, sure, it wasn’t gonna happen, but I try to stay somewhat in the moment.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Thanlis posted:

I try to stay somewhat in the moment.

Look at this mark :jerkbag:

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Rarity posted:

Look at this mark :jerkbag:

Maybe if the seventeen botches hadn't been pulling me out of the match ever 2 minutes, I would've been able to Be A Good Fan and properly immerse myself. :shrug:

Thanlis
Mar 17, 2011

Taichi is really singing every time okay?

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Do you really trust Rocky to know anything about wireless sound tech? Listen to his lovely sound quality on that broadcast!

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Thanlis posted:

Yeah, I bought it, particularly given the relatively high number of flash pins during the G1. They’d established that Ibushi was exhausted and hurt, and it’d already been 30 minutes. Intellectually, sure, it wasn’t gonna happen, but I try to stay somewhat in the moment.

I genuinely just turn into a mark during big matches (well, the ones I'm enjoying anyway) & it rules. Like the Go Shiozaki vs Kenoh match in August (still 2020 MOTY btw), I went in thinking it was weird that they were going to unify the belts this soon & it seemed like a terrible idea. I didn't actually consider it could go the distance until about 45 minutes in when I looked at my clock and went "holy gently caress, has it really been that long? OH! That means they are going the distance, right? Huh, how didn't I realise that before, of course this is the only way to book this match.

If a match really grabs me, I just get caught up in the fun of it all.

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

It's fake?!?!!

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

https://twitter.com/njpwworld/status/1317860636693385217?s=20

Hiromu & BUSHI vs Kanemaru & Despy for the Jr Tag titles I guess at Power Struggle.

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

GAME PLANS? We don't need no stinking game plans.

:cry: :cry: :cry:
That hiromu thumbnail is hilarious. Following the link here is Jay giving Mima Shimoda a big hug

https://twitter.com/njpwworld/status/1317868290136444929?s=19

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

If it was any other year I could see Jay white beating Ibushi for the briefcase but this year Wrestle Kingdom is not gonna have any fly ins and they probably need a strong domestic draw to sell even a reduced amount of tickets. Plus Ibushi is also 0-2 against Jay over the last year

Now Jay somehow talking Naito into putting up the IC title against him on a Wrestle Kingdom show? That I could see....

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

The G1 is over and I already miss it! Thanks goons for another great thread for another great G1, and big thanks to Thauros for keeping the OP and the thread constantly up to date, you rock :)