Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Taeke
Feb 2, 2010

Started playing this evening. It's surprisingly fun even with randos and without voice chat. Just had my first round as a solitary imposter in a 10 man game and I won. My heart is still racing 15 minutes later. Played them like a goddamn fiddle lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Taeke
Feb 2, 2010

Also there's the oxygen or seismic sabotage that forces the group to split up, although you have to be careful with that one.

e:

municipal shrimp posted:

if anyone wants to try to get some groups together we have a discord and stuff set up here
https://discord.gg/eCSNM8u

I had some great games with goons earlier this evening. Join us!

Taeke fucked around with this message at 21:02 on Sep 23, 2020

Taeke
Feb 2, 2010

Awesome, a friend list would really help this game a lot. Being able to stay in touch with cool randos you enjoyed playing with and eventually building a list of people you play with regularly would really help. A new map would be cool, but Henry Stickmin doesn't appeal to me at all.

Taeke
Feb 2, 2010

Yeah, the default is just to join a random room, wait for it to fill up and play.

I only play in games with 1 imposter though, because every time the game starts you have 2 or 3 people leave because they're not imposter. Also, with communication being more limites because it isn't voice chat, the imposter has an advantage anyway, so 1v8 or even 1v9 is still a good balance. When you're on voice chat with people decently good at the game you do need 2 imposters in a 10 player game though.

Taeke
Feb 2, 2010

I've been playing tons the past week with kids I work with. Every evening we've had a group of 8 or so and just had a blast for an hour or two. Because some of them are a bit younger (ages 9 to 17) the standard rules are a bit too difficult, both because some just don't get the tactical side of things and because they just can't keep quiet when you're not supposed to talk.

Instead we've been playing hide and seek: lowest vision for the imposter but highest for the crewmates, lowest kill cooldown, only a couple of short tasks. One imposter who has to announce they're it and give the others a bit of a head start to scatter, sabotages comms which can't be fixed and everyone is allowed to talk and scream whenever. No reporting or calling a meeting.

Just absolute chaos and fun as the imposter runs around to kill the crewmates before they've been able to finish their tasks.

Taeke
Feb 2, 2010

This game is huge now among kids, so those random pubbies are probably literally 12 years old.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Taeke
Feb 2, 2010

It's also a new ship modeled after Skeld, so not just the NPC skins. Pretty cool.