Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

infraboy
Aug 15, 2002

Phungshwei!!!!!!1123
Killing chaos sounds a little fun with the cheesy DMC like dialogue and Nioh-like combat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

I feel like Sony has to do...something to compete with Xbox Game Pass. That's the one area that Microsoft is wiping the floor with them, and they have some good looking exclusives coming next year.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

Lol

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

morestuff posted:

Anybody got a recommendation for something along the lines of Hades, Slay The Spire, Diablo 3, MTG: Arena? Thinking grindy, mechanically interesting timesucks that are pretty plot light and pick-up-and-play.

Shooters not really preferred, tried both Warframe and that F2P Diablo riff and they were too complex at this point

Have you tried Dead Cells? It's very light on plot, if any at all, and has a very fun and addicting loop.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

lmao

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.

Kirios posted:

I feel like Sony has to do...something to compete with Xbox Game Pass. That's the one area that Microsoft is wiping the floor with them, and they have some good looking exclusives coming next year.

Their new console is outselling Microsoft 2 to 1 and Sony’s game division is setting records each quarter and now makes the most money of any Sony division. Lots of people don’t care about renting games. They have PS Now and if they want to could actually market it.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming

BisterdDave posted:

Have you tried Dead Cells? It's very light on plot, if any at all, and has a very fun and addicting loop.

Gave it a shot a few years back and didn’t grab me, but probably due for another go. Thanks

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

Kirios posted:

Game Pass is a cool service that I'd love a Sony equivalent of, but there's no indication that Sony needs to do anything other than get consoles on store shelves right now.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Sony is really bad at making good online services. They have never been good at it and never will.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

”Tetsuya Nomura” posted:

The man who is so angry he cannot move. He cannot eat. He cannot sleep. He can just barely grunt. Bound so tightly with tension and anger, he approaches the state of rigor mortis.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Life = poo poo ²

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

So angry you can't even play his demo.

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Sit your ass down Steve.

I said come in! posted:

Sony is really bad at making good online services. They have never been good at it and never will.

They are so bad at it that people who own their console don't even realize there is already a Game Pass equivalent.

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

I feel like, it's good to have an intervention. Shows you care. Team Ninja, hey, good times buddy. 2005? You were pretty cool. Listen, about making games... you like other things right? How about finger-painting? Many ways to express your creativity Team Ninja. Game development, no, you don't need to do that any more. You've done enough. You're free Team Ninja, run free.

*head explodes like Scanners*

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Rad Valtar posted:

They are so bad at it that people who own their console don't even realize there is already a Game Pass equivalent.

I get what you're saying but PS Now is nowhere near what Game Pass is. To call them equivalent is kind of insulting to Game Pass.

This is coming from someone who got and loves PS5 and Switch and uses Xbox One for AEW PPVs once every three months and that's it. I'll maybe get a Xbox Series S in a couple of years? Maybe? But still, I'd love Sony to step up on this one.

Unreal_One
Aug 18, 2010

Now you know how I don't like to use the sit-down gun, but this morning we just don't have time for mucking about.

After beating Rift Apart, I would pay $60 for a R&C Future collection to play all the PS3 games without trying to get a DS3 to work again.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
https://twitter.com/fforigin/status/1404188127829409797

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Same

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

Speaking of XBOX and former glory, I bought an XBOX to play Ninja Gaiden oddly enough.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Rad Valtar posted:

Their new console is outselling Microsoft 2 to 1 and Sony’s game division is setting records each quarter and now makes the most money of any Sony division. Lots of people don’t care about renting games. They have PS Now and if they want to could actually market it.

PS Now sucks compared to Gamepass though. Game Pass regularly gets new releases on day 1 that look fun. Xbox/Microsoft is having a good E3 so far. They even have interesting looking exclusives now.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
All of Square Enix's trailers are getting down voted quite heavily.

I know I did my part.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

Unreal_One posted:

After beating Rift Apart, I would pay $60 for a R&C Future collection to play all the PS3 games without trying to get a DS3 to work again.

Dude same. I loved the mass effect legendary edition mainly for this reason alone. The fewer reasons for us to bust out a ps3, the better.

A lot of the ratchet and clank ps3 games are on ps now actually, so you can use a ds4 or dualsense!

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Sit your ass down Steve.

Spacebump posted:

PS Now sucks compared to Gamepass though. Game Pass regularly gets new releases on day 1 that look fun. Xbox/Microsoft is having a good E3 so far. They even have interesting looking exclusives now.

I don't think there is one thing outside of Forza that would tempt me to buy an Xbox and I don't care about Game Pass becuase I don't like to rent games. I'm happy that people who want it are liking it.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

The very first thing I noticed was the graphics was the same style as Gears of War or some other PS3 action rpg

Then I pulled up videos of Gears of War and I apologize but that is insulting to Gears of War.

At least Gears of war in 2006 had player-casted shadows, unlike whatever this garbage is.

punished milkman
Dec 5, 2018

would have won
did i just watch an ad for an fps gamer glove that connects to your brain

edit i’m sorry i thought i was in another thread!!!

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

https://twitter.com/poondonkus/status/1404162146225754117?s=20

Soysaucebeast
Mar 4, 2008

Astro7x posted:

I did not do that yet. Gave it a try, the stupid PS5 is hanging on the copy at the exact same point at 90%/91%.

I wonder if it’s the disc… I got it off Amazon, but wouldn’t be hard to exchange it for a new copy. Just take time.

gently caress! I was looking forward to playing this over the weekend with an empty house.

I am getting the exact same issue now. I picked up the game physically on my way home in case I wanted to trade it in down the line, but it keeps getting to about 29gigs downloaded and then just stops. I tried rebooting and rebuilding the database and I got nothing. I guess I get to return it tomorrow and get it digitally. That is so weird though, I've never had that happen.

Edit: tried unplugging my external, and tried running off my phone's hotspot and still nothing. It's borked.

Soysaucebeast fucked around with this message at 00:19 on Jun 14, 2021

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

What's the status on Chaos Game

Handsome Wife
Feb 17, 2001

Still broken. They tweeted that they're aware of the issue but that's it.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

What's the status on Chaos Game

Killed

cheeseboy58
Dec 14, 2020
Chaos reigns supreme

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Is there anything worthwhile that was announced, that PS5 is getting hosed on other than everything bethesda and Stalker 2?

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill
R&C gave me my first PS5 crash and it was a doozy. Total lock, couldn’t turn it back on even with the controller. Had to press the button on the console and it rebuilt its data bank or something like that. Had me worried but seems to be all good

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
How do you gently caress up compiling a demo for a single platform? :confused:

It's not like it was released on PC where there might be some weird edge-case that could break, it's identical hardware and configuration for every user.

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters

Is this guy mad because they didn't spend more time showcasing ports of decades-old games.

I mean if you want to see gameplay of these things I'm pretty sure you can find a few videos online already.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Unreal_One posted:

I've been playing through these on PlayStation Now and they work pretty well. Lag is quite noticeable but manageable on my laptop, on my PS5 proper it's almost perfect.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Morpheus posted:

Is this guy mad because they didn't spend more time showcasing ports of decades-old games.

No.

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters

Okay cause it sounds like he wanted to see more final fantasy ports, mobile games, and legend of mana remake footage.

Also I just saw that Plague Tale 2 is only for Xbox and PC (so far, anyway), so, well, guess I'm not playing that for a while.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
I was really hoping Square would announce a Legends of Mana remake like they did with Trials of Mana after the Mana Collection came out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Morpheus posted:

Okay cause it sounds like he wanted to see more final fantasy ports, mobile games, and legend of mana remake footage.

Also I just saw that Plague Tale 2 is only for Xbox and PC (so far, anyway), so, well, guess I'm not playing that for a while.

Pretty sure he’s talking about FF16