Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

il serpente cosmico posted:

Excuse me sir, but the Reaper Scythe is very important to me

Yeah this is why I preordered Demons Souls even though I might not have a PS5 at launch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Sucker Punch says we're getting a 60FPS mode in Ghost of Tsushima via ps5 boost mode

This is nice but when I played it was pretty much rock solid 30fps so I don’t know if most people would notice a huge difference.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Thundercracker posted:

Holy poo poo, I thought Monster had a drink called Gods and Monsters, but no it's any product with Monster in the name from toys to dog treats. Somebody warn Capcom.

Monster probably wouldn’t win the lawsuit but a lot of companies don’t want the trouble anyway.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Real hurthling! posted:

The unsubstantiated rumors and supposed leaked map images that no one should believe are pointing to vice city

They're a bit more credible than that since the GTA5 and RDR2 maps were leaked in the same way.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

MechaSeinfeld posted:

developers will get lazy and just make a full press in of the haptic triggers open a map

Yeah I doubt most multiplatform games will take much advantage of haptic triggers. But it'll be cool for 1st party games.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Demon's Souls feels more balanced around melee combat and I would recommend that people use a melee build their first time through with some select magic and bows, only because using nothing but ranged magic becomes pretty dull and easy and it isn't very engaging. That said, play the game however you want!

Can't wait to just one-shot every boss with Firestorm.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

A Sneaker Broker posted:

Best Buy confirmed they are restocking on the 12th. Online only. This is Canada but I’d assume it will be the same for the US as well.

https://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/event/ps5-release-date-and-news/blte8e97b96555b07f6?icmp=fly-WDH-BB-2020-11-01-N

So that would mean Midnight right? What timezone do they use?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Afro posted:

Huh I guess so. Though usually don't they wait a few days in to the month to change them?

PSN updates on Tuesdays, it depends where that lies in the month.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Have there been any reviews of the new headset yet? Wondering how it stacks up to the PS4 one.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
If I can't create a horrible abomination in a rainbow of colors for my character it just won't feel like a souls game to me.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Demon's Souls trophies, obviously spoilers if you've never played it.

https://www.exophase.com/game/demons-souls-psn/trophies/

They removed the weapon upgrade trophies and the one for getting all unique weapons, thank god. Replaced with some boss challenges, pretty straight forward. If it's like DeS you'll need to get to at least NG++ to get the platinum.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
It is the first Souls game to have online-only trophies though, so the platinum will be unobtainable when they shut down the servers in like...10 years

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Real hurthling! posted:

Yeah they said they went all out on it

Supposedly it makes parrying easier since you can actually feel the hit.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Waltzing Along posted:

God drat this thread is going to be 1000000000% better in a week.

Hahaha you think people who order tommorow are going to get theirs in a week? They'll be lucky to get them before the end of the month.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Move over PS5 the Xbox can perfectly levitate a ping pong ball with its fan.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
For Canadians, Toys R Us goes live at 9am ET and Ebgames at 11am ET.

EDIT: Best Buy is 11 too.

RatHat fucked around with this message at 06:19 on Nov 12, 2020

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Yesss managed to snag the Miles morales+extra controller bundle from Wal-mart.ca. I didn't really want an extra controller but whatever, maybe I can sell it.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
What’s the download size of Spider-Man Remastered?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Doctor Zero posted:

Massive improvements. It’s nuts.

What game(s) are you playing on it?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Got Miles Morales today. I played Spider-Man but didn’t play any of the DLC, is there a story summary anywhere? All I know is that Black Cat tricks Peter into thinking they have a kid and Yuri turns vigilante. Anything else important happen?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Downloaded the PS App and figured how to start downloads of games through it but is there anyway to actually check your download queue?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Is the new headset a significant upgrade from the Platinum one?

r u ready to WALK posted:

all set for a full weekend playing my new favorite console

the one on the bottom, i mean

Do I want to ask what those tentacles are?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
I’m keeping my PS4 for now in case the PS5 breaks because of a defect or something.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
I really hope this right stick drifting in Cyberpunk 2077 is the game and not my controller. Because it's loving 2 weeks old, come on Sony.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Firstborn posted:

It's absolutely the game dude and it sucks

No, people are reporting that their Dualsenses are drifting already. It might not be the game.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
We're gonna be getting a LOT of game delay announcements this year because of Covid.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

A HORNY SWEARENGEN posted:

Ok, so linear-ish first person action, like RE7?

Evil Within is 3rd person(though the 2nd game has a 1st person option) but yeah maybe.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

LordoftheScheisse posted:

I've resigned myself to the fact that I'll never find a set of Pulse 3D headphones. Is there a comparable wireless set that people recommend?

The Gold/Platinum PlayStation headsets are still good for their price, and both work on PS5.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
I thought it was only Cyberpunk 2077 but I'm getting stick drift in Nioh 2 now too...I hope it's a software issue that can be fixed through patches. I've only had this issue with PS4 games though, maybe there's something wrong there.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Doggir posted:

Are you using a ps4 controller? I had this issue with Nioh on the ps4; it turns out older ps4 controllers had this issue and useing a newer one fixed it.

Nope, Dualsense.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

veni veni veni posted:

Yeah it's great feeling controller but oof. Seems like a matter of when more than if it goes bad.

Luckily it's the one PS5 thing that isn't in short supply, so you can just game retail store return policies to ge a new one if yours breaks lol.

What if it was in a bundle though? Can you get a return or do you have to go through Sony to get it fixed?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Huh my controller isn’t drifting with Nioh 2 remastered even though it did with Nioh 2 PS4. I guess it really is only a problem with PS4 games, which I can just my PS4 controller for so it isn’t an issue.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Bust Rodd posted:

that's because every AAA game from the last 5 years that isn't an FPS is cribbing from the same pool of ideas that they've been stealing from each other. That's probably why TLoU2 even has a weird section up front that sort of baits you into thinking it will be an open world exploration horse game, like Zelda but with Zombies, and then it pulls its MGS2 Raiden trick.

It's not really the MGS2 Raiden trick if there's 15-20 hours of gameplay before it happens.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Well that's the 2nd time my PS5 has hard crashed while it was in rest mode and had to repair the database when I turned it back on. The last time it wouldn't even boot up until I disconnected and reconnected the power cord.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
My Platinum headset is starting to fall apart so I guess it’s time for something new. How’s the Pulse headset? Does it work on PS5, Switch, and PC too? That was a big draw of the Platinum headset for me.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
I still don't understand why the PS5 didn't launch with a bunch of different plate colors to choose from. Seems like easy money.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

PantsBandit posted:

Do you guys think weapon durability is a good or necessary mechanic in FROM games? People complain about it in BOTW but I feel it's more integrated into the design of that game than Bloodborne or Dark Souls where it just feels like an annoyance you have to account for once every few hours.

It's only ever been an issue in DS2 when there was a glitch that made it run out too fast. In DS1 it was unnoticeable unless you were using special weapon abilities that basically used durability as mana, and DS3 got rid of that system since it has weapon arts.

Of course there's the Scraping spear and such in Demon's Souls but outside of PVP you'll probably never notice durability.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
https://twitter.com/gameinformer/status/1375244291677782019?s=20

How does this keep happening

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Can you not just add the Play@Home games to your library? You have to download them?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
How is RE8 on the raytracing mode? 45fps is a weird cap, wish you could just cap it at 30.

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

doesn't Spidey automatically do the thing where he shoots out a web thing so they get stuck to the wall or are hanging in a web bundle

Usually but sometimes it bugs out.

RatHat fucked around with this message at 06:54 on Apr 19, 2021