Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

a primate
Jun 2, 2010

I managed to get a disc version with two controllers order in from walmart.ca last week.

Supposed to pick it up on Saturday.

The tracking is still stuck on “processing order” so I have begun the 5 stages of grief and loss in preparation for the inevitable.

a primate fucked around with this message at 17:33 on Nov 18, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a primate
Jun 2, 2010

Can you convert saves between the PS4 and PS5 versions of Valhalla? I played a bunch of the PS4 version by accident, and I don’t want to have to redo everything in then PS5 version.

a primate
Jun 2, 2010

Akuma posted:

Yes, Ubisoft has an online system to move saves between platforms.

It looks like you can move saves between platforms, but not within platform. I was playing the PS4 version on a PS5.

a primate
Jun 2, 2010

JazzFlight posted:

You select to upload cloud save on the main menu before you load. Then on the PS5 version you download the cloud save on the main menu. This is within the game, mind you, not on the PS5 system menu.

Thanks, I’ll try that out.

Edit: I can’t find any of those options but it doesn’t seem to matter since the cloud save seems to have transferred automatically after like half a day. Either way, I’m relieved! That’s 4 hours I don’t have to replay, so thanks :)

a primate fucked around with this message at 03:35 on Dec 13, 2020

a primate
Jun 2, 2010

I plan on using the same strategy as when I played AC Unity: forget it exists, buy it after everything’s patched, and marvel at what a great game it was for $14.99

a primate
Jun 2, 2010

Nothing fits in my IKEA unit :negative:

a primate fucked around with this message at 16:27 on May 19, 2021

a primate
Jun 2, 2010

TLOU2 did a phenomenal job of using verticality, and I really liked the look of the game. The level design was cool and I loved sneaking through the multi storey buildings.

The gameplay was great, but they already had that down from TLOU.

The story was kinda meh. I really didn’t care about Owen and Abby’s non-relationship and would have rather spent that time with Ellie and Dina. The whole revenge narrative was frankly a little boring. I did like the fact that she let her live at the end, unlike a lot of people. The last fight did feel kinda forced though.

It was still a solid 8/10 game that I’ll play again one day, but I didn’t feel a connection to Abby and Owen as I did with Ellie, Joel and Dina.

a primate
Jun 2, 2010

The Walrus posted:

Mine wasn't a spoiler. Now, that guy above me, that's an untagged spoiler.

edit: oop he fixed it :D

I was quick!

a primate
Jun 2, 2010

Real hurthling! posted:

Is the great gameplay the parts with a zombie patrolling one programmed path for eternity while you belly crawl around slowly?

It was me pissing my pants as dogs ran after me, I fukn hate dog enemies

a primate
Jun 2, 2010

The Walrus posted:

animal ranking

1. rabbits
2. dogs
3. bison
4. otters

cats are somewhere below 'birds' and 'turtles' but above ' possum' , by.. a little bit, maybe.

Cats are the best and I will not hear of such boorish nonsense

Speaking of which, I’m still waiting for Stray to come out

https://youtu.be/u84hRUQlaio

a primate
Jun 2, 2010

Ulio posted:

The days of play sale is quite weak but I grabbed few games anyway. Demon Souls, Returnal, The Order.

I played The Order when I first got a PS4 and I remember absolutely nothing except people complaining about the letterboxing. Let us know if you enjoy it and if it’s worth a second look.

a primate
Jun 2, 2010

PantsBandit posted:

Every time there's a sale I hope to see Lost Legacy discounted and it never is. Lame.

Lost Legacy is great if you like ND stuff. I paid full pop when it came out and didn’t regret it.

a primate
Jun 2, 2010

Timotheous Venture posted:

I played it for the first time a month or two ago and thought it was pretty great. Still looks absolutely stunning. Just go in knowing that it's incredibly linear, "boss" fights are copy/pasted into a couple different areas, and that you only get to use the fun guns for a small handful of encounters. As long as you set your expectations accordingly I feel that it's definitely worth a playthrough. I came out of the experience pretty bummed that there won't be a sequel.

I remember it being quick so I’ll see if I bought it digitally and redownload it.

Next games I want to play are:

Deus Ex: Mankind Divided and Human Revolution (replays)
RDR 2
Days Gone
Sekiro

a primate
Jun 2, 2010

The Walrus posted:

Out .. side..

a primate
Jun 2, 2010

I am extremely late to the party on this one, but RDR2 is great. Really enjoying being a goober cowboy who says hello to everyone.

HEY PARTNER

a primate
Jun 2, 2010

Rockstar games have bad controls in general IMO. Not to mention walking towards objects to interact with them usually leads to you doing a 180 and turning away. It’s what kept me from playing RDR1 after GTAV

a primate
Jun 2, 2010

How is everyone charging their controllers? I don’t think mine has ever hit full battery, despite being plugged in always, even when I play. Are mine broken or do they really take a week to charge? I’m using the front port.

a primate
Jun 2, 2010

haveblue posted:

The main trick I've found is that if you have the controller powered on and plug in the cable and then power it off, it won't charge. Once you shut the console down put it into rest mode and the controller lights go out, unplug and replug the cable.

Thanks, I’ll try this!

a primate
Jun 2, 2010

Real hurthling! posted:

New ps5s have started appearing with thumb screws for the base instead of the driver screw it launched with. Thank you based sony for improving everyday

I still wish it came with that giant spatula flathead screwdriver the Sony engineer guy used in the tear down video.

a primate
Jun 2, 2010

I finally found a Dualsense charging station and my controllers are fully charged for the first time since I’ve had the system :D

I was using a USB A-A female to male extension cable before. All wireless now, feels good man

a primate
Jun 2, 2010

What console were those taken on?

Lookin good, will buy the DLC at least.

a primate
Jun 2, 2010

Is there a lot of dodging poison baby rain? I know that’s how they were hyping it when it first came out but I would like it better if it were just Spintires: Kojima Edition

a primate
Jun 2, 2010

I just played Metro Exodus with the two DLCs and had a gay old time. The PS5 update’s graphics are okayish. It’s still a very ugly world you don’t want to be in for long, but that’s more the art direction’s fault. Would love it if the next game didn’t look like one big swampy sewer but it does have a certain charm.

a primate
Jun 2, 2010

dog nougat posted:

Counterpoint: your opinion's wrong and the game ruled. It's a post-apocalyptic wasteland, not really sure what you expected.

I liked the game, I just felt like complaining.

But it’s a good game and I will buy the sequel one hundred percento.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a primate
Jun 2, 2010

So let me get this straight: you can customize your genitals in Cyberpunk, but never actually see them in-game? What is the point of a magnum dong if you can’t watch it flop around??