Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Geo Fixer
Jan 10, 2012

"Freedom lies in being bold."
-Robert Frost

Kilometers Davis posted:

I hate to be a downer but I feel like I owe you all an update since everyone was so good to me yesterday in the thread. This is not a sad post though. My mom passed last night, she needed that peace. It’s not going to be easy in any way, she was a wonderful mother and one of the best friends I’ve ever had. She also put up with me talking about gaming so much throughout the years hahaha. Seriously I remember just blabbing on about so much random stuff and she kept up however possible. If she didn’t support this hobby for me from early on I wouldn’t be in here posting with everyone. Go tell your friends and family you love them. But then go play some vidya games. I know I will be doing a lot of that while I process everything.

Again, I really don’t want to bum anyone out I just feel strongly about everyone it and felt the desire to share. Love y’all hope you all have a good week and weekend and if not fingers crossed for the next.

My condolences. May you be able to find peace and time to heal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Geo Fixer
Jan 10, 2012

-Robert Frost

Soysaucebeast posted:

You know, if you have apartment insurance you can probably make a claim and get the PS5 money back. If you do get that chunk of change, I'm sure some goon will be able to hook you up. There's already a few people in this thread selling PS5's at cost+shipping, so I'm sure there will be more in October.

Either way though, that is super lovely and I'm glad you're getting out of that area.

This 100 percent. As long as you have a recent receipt you can make a claim though if you have a photo of the ps5 in your apartment you'll have a higher chance of payout. I go through my stuff and take pictures for insurance just in case.

Geo Fixer
Jan 10, 2012

-Robert Frost

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Might I suggest Dragon Quest V: Hand of the Heavenly Bride for the Nintendo DS.

Do I chop off my arm or my leg to buy it? It's so hard to choose.

Geo Fixer
Jan 10, 2012

-Robert Frost

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Neither, you buy a $15 flash cart

If I ever figure out how to update my jailbroken 3ds I will do that.

Geo Fixer
Jan 10, 2012

-Robert Frost

MGS2 was like the third or fourth game my family got for our ps2 and man it blew my young mind. Games were not supposed to look that good. Wish Konami would get off their dicks and port the series to modern (not xbox) hardware already.

Geo Fixer
Jan 10, 2012

-Robert Frost

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

ICO is a goddamned treasure just waiting for a little respect, and it works great on PS3. The PS3 version of SOTC is really broken though. It's texture pop-in is almost worse than the PS2 version because they coundn't emulate the texture blending properly (due to it being 2D mesh effects processed by the PSX chip! :eyepop: ), and game mechanics were tied to framerate so the timing on things is way off and much harder than it needs to be, so it's pretty much the worst way to play SOTC.

ICO deserves a bluepoint remake

Geo Fixer
Jan 10, 2012

-Robert Frost

The best version of mgs3 is the 3ds one :colbert:

Geo Fixer
Jan 10, 2012

-Robert Frost

MechaSeinfeld posted:

🫡 insane that people don’t like it as if it isn’t one of the best playing games from last gen (even the one before since it’s also a ps3 game)

every aaa game has been just differing variations of Resident Evil 4, Far Cry 2 or Ocarina of Time or some combination of those for a decade.

dont forget gta3

Geo Fixer
Jan 10, 2012

-Robert Frost

I got offered to pay like 30 bux to upgrade through the rest of my subscription so I took it up. Mr driller is fun so far

Geo Fixer
Jan 10, 2012

-Robert Frost

I have drill land on my switch. Peak of the series

Geo Fixer
Jan 10, 2012

-Robert Frost

Wind Waker is good actually and is botw before botw

Geo Fixer
Jan 10, 2012

-Robert Frost

MechaSeinfeld posted:

I’m glad we’re back on tv shows because like ten pages back someone said 30 Rock sucked and what the gently caress

A person of no taste. 30 Rock is goat

Geo Fixer
Jan 10, 2012

-Robert Frost

Wiltsghost posted:

How much is the tier to get Stray? I haven't subbed to anything ps related since Bloodborne came out.

Just base tier I believe which is 10 bux a month or 60 per year

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Geo Fixer
Jan 10, 2012

-Robert Frost

Wolfsheim posted:

For people who have the PS+ tier where you can apparently stream PS3 games: is that completely excluding DLC, and is it janky as gently caress (moreso than playing it on a PS3)?

Since Stray is coming out I thought I'd look into it but some of the benefits seem....questionable

EDIT: here's my cat laying on a Christmas blanket with his head wedged halfway into the cushion, somehow

Haven't seen any dlc yet but Ive streamed a few games so far and haven't had any issues other than the initial load for the stream takes quite some time.