Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

anothergod
Apr 11, 2016

Pulcinella posted:

Disappointed that Bluepoint is not restoring the broken archstone or fixing world tendency. The game sets up new players to screw the selves over with WT. It goes down when you die in human form. So new players will beat a boss, get their body back, and die soon after, lowering it. Once you’ve beaten all the bosses in world there was no way to raise it without going into NG+ or going online for a holiday server event.

Glad they are adding new items and making it so you won’t be fighting false king with dozens of full-heal grasses.

The game isn't that much harder pure black than what you'd normally be at (some variation of dark grey). Tbh I'm pretty sure that's part of the metalore. Aka difficulty doesn't matter bc its all hard umbasa

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

anothergod
Apr 11, 2016

haveblue posted:

It's not so much about difficulty as about the items and encounters that are locked to tendency levels. It was a bad decision to do that with something the player has no direct control over and there's a reason none of the later games repeated it.

I'm reading this as "hiding special items and events behind playing well is actually bad".

TLDR: Demons Souls is perfect and how dare you criticize anything about that game ever hahaha

anothergod
Apr 11, 2016

Ethiser posted:

If anything it’s "hiding special items and events behind other people playing well or poorly is actually bad"

Yeah, I guess you could have your tendency dropped by a massive amount of other people playing poorly, but also you could do one coop mission and rank up. Or you can villain it up for one and rank down.

But, yeah, I suppose you can do stupid things like kill yourself to cheese the system or just avoid the system altogether so some people will inevitably call the whole thing dumb.

anothergod
Apr 11, 2016

The problem with the nudemons souls aesthetic is that it's a graphical showcase for a game that leaned on art direction.

Like, the original is some beautiful haunting accoustic set and this one is like some exec hired a popstar to make an hyper-produced remake to sell consoles. I initially had overproduced but I still have hope that marketing from 2 weeks before launch isnt final.

At least, it's still mostly going to play the same and it's also going to be fascinating to see the end product, and DS as it was (online and community) is dead, so... This'll still be interesting. Just not the same.

anothergod
Apr 11, 2016

While you're not wrong you also have an avatar from a game whose art was praised for faithfully recreating a century old animation style so

Art is art and we won't have an easily accessible unbiased look till the game has been out for any kind of appreciable time.

For reference its about 20 or so years before pixel/lowpoly/etc to hit their strides. Will we ever get a PS2/3 renaissance? Heh.

Edit: it's very, very subjective if the art "faithfully recreates Boletaria" or not. I don't think so, and I could go into the fine details, but... Well it's probably not worth the time unless specifically asked

anothergod
Apr 11, 2016

re: Godfall

It looks like Melee Destiny which is 100,000% a game I've wanted for longer than Destiny was even a thing. Will it actually pan out? IDK. But I'm hopeful.

anothergod
Apr 11, 2016

Are there really people spending $500 on a new PS5 but not $50/yr on a PS+?

anothergod
Apr 11, 2016

As much as Sony dropped the ball on switching from one game to the next in half a second they didn't drop the ball on having games to play so when can I demon's souls ooooof

anothergod
Apr 11, 2016

Idk why but I am super annoyed by the trolls coming in here complaining about the lack QoL improvements that I have literally never even considered.

I just want a console that isn't a beefed up PlayStation 2 for once. Can we just get that? It's been like twenty years.

anothergod
Apr 11, 2016

The raytracing into your own living room is amazing

anothergod
Apr 11, 2016

So you guys are saying that Sony and their bullshit PS5 is loving over all of the millions of owners of 4K TVs that downgrade 4K120 to 1440p120?? What are they going to do with all of the, uh, ZERO PS5 games that render to 4K120? loving gently caress poo poo gently caress

Edit: lol, JK, there's one game and my god what a loving piece of poo poo I am. I forgot Monster Boy somehow renders to 4K and does 120hz which is actually kinda cool.

Double edit: If you couldn't tell this whole post is a joke

anothergod fucked around with this message at 19:07 on Nov 10, 2020

anothergod
Apr 11, 2016

Re Sackboy and Astro's Playroom

Are these guys simple 3D platformers or do they dig deep into interesting movesets? For reference my favorite Mario is 64

anothergod
Apr 11, 2016

If you're having a hard time in Demon's make sure to pump HP and level up your main weapon. Don't go for damage stats until you think you've got enough survivability.

anothergod
Apr 11, 2016

A HORNY SWEARENGEN posted:

I can't even level up the characters because I'm getting owned so hard.

I keep whiffing the parry. :(

Parrying is hard! It's ok to just do a regular block

anothergod
Apr 11, 2016

Is anyone else playing the poo poo out of Demons Souls PS3 because buying a PS5 is too hard right now?

anothergod
Apr 11, 2016

veni veni veni posted:

That's how it starts. You hit your stride in any one of the games, and the next thing you know you are mainlining the whole series.

Anytime I start feeling good about my abilities in a Souls game I immediately get cut to size by something incredibly dumb

anothergod
Apr 11, 2016

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

If iceborne goes on sale I might have to double dip and buy / play through it again. Maybe go for trophies. It’s easily the game over put the most time in the last couple of years.

Icreborne is $20. Everyone should play icreborne.

anothergod
Apr 11, 2016

Bust Rodd posted:

The Switch was impossible to find for like 6 months THIS YEAR and it came out 3 years ago. I don’t think we’ll ever understand how hard COVID impacted production for this generation, but it could be pretty far reaching

how hard COVID impacted *demand*

It took me 3 years to even consider getting a PS4, and I was salivating for the PS5 8 months before release

anothergod
Apr 11, 2016

Actually, AFAIK, the Sony has sold more PS5s since release 2 months ago (to the day!) during this pandemic than it sold during the same since-launch time period for the PS4. Not only are people *loving gaming*, but also whatever Sony is doing is better than it did the last console cycle. I did find one article from Hypebeast talking about "decreased unit production" for the course of the next year or something, but like, with a website like Hypebeast I can't help but think they're benefiting from fabricated scarcity lol.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

anothergod
Apr 11, 2016

There are also scalpers who bought from scalpers and lol at those people getting returns on that poo poo