Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

This shit's about to go off.
I tried to get one just for funsies (I've already resigned to waiting until next year) and I got one in my cart but couldn't even get past that lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

When was the last time Costco had them up for sale?

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

I solved a couple of captchas and have been sitting in the queue for like 20 minutes, then just now it suddenly sent me to another captcha. Did that send me to the back of the line? Wtf is up with this system?

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

Yeah this whole process blows. I'm giving up on it.

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

ps direct queue is up, I got in hella quick this time. I know I said yesterday I'd be giving up but for real, if I don't get it this time I am!

I got the less than a minute message at first and now it's up to over an hour...here's hoping.

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

Jimbot posted:

Anyone else having problems with the 2-step verification?

No, but I was already logged in before the queue went up

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

Boosh! posted:

Same here but got hit with another Captcha 5 minutes in.

Yeah I don’t know whether or not that bumps you out of your spot, happened to me yesterday. Now I’ve got the “PS5 consoles are limited” message but still over an hour...might be borked.

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

Boosh! posted:

It might, I got in at the drop, before any tweets and I’m at 42 minutes as of 4:53 EST.

I didn’t get bumped out of my spot and my time is fluctuating between 59 and 50 mins. I don’t know what that means at all. I got in just after the Solelinks tweet though.

E: now at 27

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

Yeah I’m still in queue for disc and looks like there aren’t any. hosed up man

E: yep consoles are out. Looks like they didn’t restock the disc version at all.

Colonel Whitey fucked around with this message at 23:09 on Dec 11, 2020

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

Eh this is too much effort. If I get one, great, if not I’ll just wait until June or whatever.

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

The PS5 literally looks like a futuristic cop headquarters

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

It kept allowing me to select different locations for pickup, saying it would be available this weekend but when I'd select them it would say they're unavailable. Thought maybe they were still updating stock but looks like nope.

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

Now says they’ll be back at 3:20 ET

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

Well I couldn't log in to the app and the website captcha'd me to death. Oh well!

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

I think a good Avengers game would have done gangbusters, the marvel fatigue is not really that widespread. Tons of people are still hyped for the upcoming marvel slate. I’m personally still into it, maybe a little bit less so than 5 years ago, but I passed up this avengers game because it looked like trash, not because I’m tired of it. Miles morales is doing great, isn’t it?

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

PS Direct was digital only today again, apparently

edit: this is now what we're up against

https://twitter.com/SOLELINKS/status/1339317995005378560?s=20

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

Medullah posted:

From what I understand Sony is actually limiting the connections to one per IP so realistically that's one try unless they're all on different VPNs.

Hope so, but it does look like they have different queue times on the screens

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

a new study bible! posted:

Also new queue is good.

Agreed, I think it lowers my chances of getting one but it definitely removes the stress from having to be lightning quick on the button. I'm happier just leaving it up to chance rather than reflexes.

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

Critical posted:

you walnut

Best insult I’ve ever seen on the forums

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

THe only "game" I use my PC for is trying to get a ps5

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

I’m going to try the Walmart app this time. Does the product page auto refresh? There’s no apparent way to manually refresh other than backing out to the search results and clicking it again afaik.

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

Hell yeah, god bless those direct links. App method was too cumbersome, but the links posted worked like a charm!

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

More are going up in a few minutes, seriously use the direct links posted, just spam a bunch of new tabs. I was even a few seconds late and had to put in my address.

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

I said come in! posted:

The console versions of these two games arent worth getting. Get Demon's Souls.

I thought CP77 ran ok on PS5 aside from known bugs and jank - no?

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

History Comes Inside! posted:

It runs great but it’s just as busted as the PC version, bugwise. It crashes every 90 minutes or so for me at the moment and there are more than a handful of bugged unfinishable gigs.

If you already have a decent pc there’s no point in double dipping, especially now when CDPR don’t deserve another loving penny of anyone’s money until they fix their poo poo.

Ok that's what I thought, so not actually different than the pc version in that regard

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

Ok my bad I missed the part where they already had it on PC. carry on

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

Medullah posted:

Hooray, after 17 years on this forum I finally contributed something of value.

We all yearn for such a moment. thank you!

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

So what's the deal with charging controllers on this thing, I remember reading that the front ports are slow as heck? Is the docking station any good?

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

GameStop went live too, get it goons

E: looks like it’s preorders for bundles, Jan 5. Lol that all the bundles come with NBA2k21

Colonel Whitey fucked around with this message at 21:42 on Dec 18, 2020

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

Mandrel posted:

so uh are PS5s still basically sold out everywhere or what. is there even like projections on when theyll be moving out another big shipment?

feel like it hasn’t been this actually impossible to find a console since like the PS2 or Wii or something. even when the Switch was supposedly not available anywhere I just walked into a target and bought one

They’re sort of drip releasing them at various retailers and through Sony directly. You kinda have to follow various Twitter accounts like Wario64 and Solelinks to really even have a shot because they get bought up within seconds usually.

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

Firstborn posted:

Some people are saying their Wal Mart PS5s have shipped. I ordered mine at like the 3:20 drop on the 15th and it's still processing.

If any of you guys ordered a WalMart Ps5 and received a confirmation email that it was shipping, could you sound off please? I am curious

I ordered on the 17th, still processing. Would also like to know if anyone else’s ships.

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

I’m kinda surprised the docking station and media remote are as hard to find as the console itself. Was hoping to pick those up before my Walmart order comes.

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

bradzilla posted:

The media remote is kinda lovely anyway. It's a Roku knockoff, complete with non-programmable app launcher buttons.

Well that sucks, but I mostly want it because half the time I use my console for streaming and blu rays and I hate using controllers for media.

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

jabro posted:

I did a pick up for a console last Saturday at my local Best Buy. I got an email an hour before opening that it was ready. Went there immediately and there were about 50 people waiting in line. Pulled into a contactless parking spot and clicked on the I’m here link. In less than two minutes the console was sitting in my passenger seat and I was on my way. 10/10. Would Best Buy again.

Ugh I wish I got mine from Best Buy. I have to rely on Walmart and FedEx not to gently caress everything up.

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

poo poo man I better limber up now to chase down the FedEx truck whenever they decide to “deliver” my ps5

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

The Cameo posted:

Make sure to do deep stretches, those things have a surprisingly high top speed

Gonna get my running shoes on and do lunges in my front yard all day just to show em I mean business

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

I too enjoy owning physical media but I really don’t want to show it off because it looks tacky and I’m trying to find a good media cabinet that fits in my living room that will hide my shame so nobody has to look at it

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

A HORNY SWEARENGEN posted:

*walks into a library*

Ugh, look at all these organized titles. These should be shoved under a bed with my cereal bowls and cum socks. I swear some people have no taste.

Sorry you had to find out this way that your technicolor display of plastic doesn’t look as refined and distinguished as you thought it did :shrug:

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

FYI the direct queue is up. I'm giving it a shot even though I already have a Walmart preorder because I'd rather buy direct from Sony than from Walmart.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

Ornamented Death posted:

Wal-Mart finally shipped my order from the 17th, if anyone is still tracking that sort of thing.

Thanks for posting, still waiting on my 12/17 to update its status from preparing